Best job you ever had?

My current job.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by realtalkitsDC

The holiday inn (current job) i clock in turn my radio on and put a room in out of order to go sit in and watch tv and only come out when they need me for something. It doesnt hurt to have a room there for whenever i need it either and good looking broads stay coming through there.

I work at the Hilton and could basically do the same thing but don't but it's been slow lately that I could stay in there for my whole shift.
glasses.gif

My part-time tutoring gig. Mentoring is something everyone should do. Truly a great experience. You'll be surprised how many single-child teens are outthere who are open to be taken under a wing. Most of the kids I tutor are the lazier, underachieving ones, so it's great to see them put forth an effortand excel in areas they once turned their backs to.

Plus it's just once a week (Saturday), 3-4 hours, 3 students, $60-65 per hour per student, plus performance bonuses in the form of cash, home-cooked Koreanfood, fruits, etc.. It's VERY good money. Hope the gov't never finds out haha.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

I always wanted a hotel job, seems pretty chill
go apply for one and it is pretty chill just not when there are big events . Whenever there's no events, it gets pretty dead and youdon't want to work on Sundays either because those days are when everyone checks out so it is hectic.

USPS seasonal carrier...
Clock in at 7 am, park a truck in front of grocery store wit a usps in it. Take the boxes to my truck 3 times a day (whenever i wanted) then go home at 8 pm.
I just sat in a truck, played PSP, slept,
pimp.gif
, text messaged, surfed theweb literally 90% of the day.
$18/hr plus overtime....
tired.gif
if only it werent seasonal...

Doorman/porter get paid to do nothing...
Especially when I did the porter shift...
I basically would come grab some food and go downstairs and sleep...
Plus when things got boring I would call one of my lady friends and we would go to a vacant apartment
pimp.gif
Plus when Christmas comes I would make like 4 grand in 2 weeks...

Damn.. Hotel job sounds like the move.. I'm applying... Would it be better to apply online or go speak with a manager?

KFC... talk about a come up... we basically owned the store, did what we wanted.... good ol days... only bad thing was smellin like chicken

I love what I'm doing now more than anything I've done in the past, but because I consider this my career then I can't use this. So being a daycampcounselor was definitely my favorite job.

It's cool to see that so many people enjoy posatively influencing the youth. I've mentored at an elementary school for community service hours beforeand it's definately rewarding. You never know what type of impact you can have on childrens lives. I always said, in order to change a lot of stuffthat's happening today, we need to start with the children.

AAA Baseball umpire for younger kids, i still have it, good pay and short hours, only problem is it's not consistent and you NEED to stay alert at alltimes

foot locker, 3 out of 4 of my close friends were working with me and we ran the store

Parks and Recreation Department in College.

I was a facility host, which meant I would show up to either the community center, sports field, batting cages, or a place where we had weddings and just sitthere. When I would work the sports fields or the weddings, I would sign up for the whole day (12 hr shift), and probably be there for half of it (few hoursin the morning, few in pm, few at close).

Basically I got paid $11/hr to do my homework/browse the internet/sleep. Could work as many hours as I wanted, when I wanted. Even on the weekends the latest Iwould have to work would be 8 (10 if it was a wedding, but those were during the summer). Usually pulled 25 hours a week because it was easy.

The job also hooked me up with the Jr. Giants Program, reffing HS Rec Basketball, coaching middle school track, and coaching middle school rec leaguebasketball (league champs
pimp.gif
...i know...in the lowest organized leaguepossible
laugh.gif
). oh and my senior project (only 15 hours of work).

My job now is easy. I work in the box office of my schools stadium. Sell tickets for athletic events and concerts that are there. Really easy and laid back.the hours are kinda random and the free parking pass doesn't hurt either. Thats like 200 bucks saved per semester.

I got too many

1. Sears-(making like 1k a week in commission sales in HS at the age of 17)
  2. reffing little league basketball and umpiring baseball (fun watching little prodigies and getting like 35 a game for it. Mike Dell's son is a young white paul pierce btw and there's pro dudes that have been thru the league as youth)
  3. kmart seasonal (i dont even remember the pay but all we did was walk around the store trying to find hidden gems like old video games and mad random ishh cuz it was bout to shut down. dudes had found secret hideaway spots where they could fall asleep and be gone the whole shift
    eek.gif
    )
  4. parking and transportation system on campus ($10/hr to clock in, go home or to the library and clock out)

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Damn.. Hotel job sounds like the move.. I'm applying... Would it be better to apply online or go speak with a manager?

I wouldn't apply online go to the human resource and there should be a place for applications and job listings outside the room. Interview went smoothtoo, they don't really ask much at least for me.

edit: from my knowledge, the bellmen has it good they make solid pay and all they do is sit by the computer and wait until someone needs help then they grab acart and bring people luggage down and get a tip. Only sometimes do they drive people around or go out and pick up something but at the end of that you'restill getting a tip. Not hard work at all.

1. I enjoyed teaching HS English. Were it not for the high-stakes testing brought about by No Child Left Behind I might still be doing it.
  2. Coaching a 13-14 year old select baseball team. I love baseball and the kids I had were all great kids who loved the game as much as I did. Too bad I don't have time to do it anymore due to my schooling.
  3. Bartender at Jake's during my undergrad days at Purdue. I am a night owl, so the hours were fine with me and the money was great.

Manager at Hickory Farms mad long ago...

I used to sell stuff cash only and pocket the cash. Made like 500-1k a night from Thanksgiving to New Years
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom