best buy emproyees enter prease

Originally Posted by GFlower8

^i know it probably depends on your own location, but how soon did they hit you up after you submitted the application?

the advice I would offer to u and Uptown when u go in is just make sure off the bat you come across like the type of guy that is detested by theft because you believe it comes out of your own pocket when hours are shortened (even tho it doesn't effect you whatsoever...)

But just a heads up... there was an OBSCENE amount of theft taking place in the warehouse... one incident even found the managers of that department were in on it resulting in termination...

but those dudes stayed chillin and watching movies on the open box TV's they were "testing" to make sure they worked lol good guys forreal... I enjoyed my time working at best buy till I out grew it...

^ We just had our PI last Sunday and maaan that was a %%+$# 
sick.gif

Our PI is always in the fall...

me being on the sales floor I actually enjoy doing PI... a night of work without customers

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Sucks, the discount is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ though. 5% above cost to the store is insane on most products.

Everything you see below not including the Xbox's, I got for under $1400.

Blu-ray player, Polk speakers/sub, Panasonic plasma, Yamaha rx-665 7.1 receiver and the stand

and a $#!T ton of cables...
I worked at Circuit city, and I have you BEAT my friend. Catch UP!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm technically merch, but due to me having school in the mornings, I close sometimes so I do inventory duties. It's fairly simple. When I do media/merch stuff, it's basically just setting up displays, pricing and putting out cd's, games and movies. When I close unfortunately have to do trash, cart run, receiving, sendbacks..but that's about it. I just chill in the warehouse with the radio on.  But yes, truck days are the worst. You have to unload a big a** truck of product, sort them by department and put it on the floor.  But it only comes once a week, for my store at least.  All that counting & SWAT foolishness is only if you're strictly inventory and you put 6am as an available time on your schedule and what not.  Overall it's a cool place to work..I don't plan on being here forever though.
Product Process > Every other department

I know yall get stuff for 5% above cost, what does that amount to on laptops? I mean, like what is the typical markup % on them?

if anyone in nyc can get me a disco at best buy e-mail me

i will hit you off
i did a meet up a while back for a pair of kicks i sold to a kid that worked at best buy 

if your reading this bro e-mail me a.s.a.p 

pimp.gif

am i the only one who looks at the keyboard when someone makes a typo like this? like the L and R are no where close to each other , though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I know yall get stuff for 5% above cost, what does that amount to on laptops? I mean, like what is the typical markup % on them?
0....we dont get anything off them...ive been in inventory for almost 5 years now and no way in hell would i ever go to the sales floor. its the most chill position. Luckily our manager is coo. everyone in our store wants to be in inventory because they always see us having fun back there. on our down times we play wiffle(sp) ball lol...

Yeah, we get zero discount on laptops... gets sooo annoying when people ask for money off... sorry can't do anything!

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Yeah, we get zero discount on laptops... gets sooo annoying when people ask for money off... sorry can't do anything!
what about on headphones..like beats or sennheiser ? still 5% above cost?.... hook me up please!
wink.gif

It went well. He asked me a bunch of BS questions like, "Tell me about your last job, Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for some one", ect. It wasn't hard at all.

He called me yesterday morning for another interview tomorrow...

Worked in the Best Buy Mobile dept. @ DC store

Was treated like a BOSS compared to the regular store employees.

$13 an hr starting out, but I left before I could of got a raise.

Like dudes said, aint have to work hard at all, only when management was pressing bugging us everyday to sell them plans. we were like
eyes.gif

copped so much stuff off the discount, stuff i aint even want but price was too nice.

For inventory, you will be working made early or mad late scanning every item and printing tags and all that.
laugh.gif
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom