Best Backup QB

randle el > batch.
laugh.gif

Unfortunate Washington has no idea how to use him

Originally Posted by AG 47

Also, keep in mind the message you send to a player when you bench them and then consider that Jamarcus
isn't just any player...he's been told, probably by Al Davis himself, that he is the future. This team will only go as far as Jamarcus carries them. To bench him after that would be to give up on the future and focus on the now when the now is clearly not as important as the future since we've been building for that for awhile now. I highly doubt Al is going to send that message.
I don't think Al Davis has any problems yanking people. Sure, he tends to keep people who are insanely loyal to him beyond what most otherswould, but he'll still toss them in the end if they're not producing. And you're right, it hasn't all been Russell's fault. Stilldoesn't change the fact that Garcia is a very productive quarterback and that Russell can learn holding a clipboard rather than be pounded into the turfconstantly. Hell, if anything, it's better for the future that Russell doesn't get pounded over a whole season until the Raiders can build a bettero-line. Thus, my point in mentioning all those quarterback examples.

seneca wallace
vince young
tarvaris jackson
derek anderson
jeff garcia
mike vick

laugh.gif
at anyone saying Volek.

Correct Answer: Derek Anderson or Jeff Garcia

Volek stepped in and was the main reason the Chargers ended up winning that playoff game at Indianapolis in 2007.

Volek is a true backup QB. He's not going to start anywhere else in the league. His role, since he came into the league with Tennessee, is to be a backupwho can come in and win some games while the starter is out and he's been pretty successful at that given his opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom