Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

I just want you to know that I'm just as excited to meet you as you are to meet me".

No wonder the guy has to be creepy, using lines like that will never get you laid
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

If this guy wasn't good at throwing a football I can't imagine the type of girls he would end up with
embarassed.gif

Seattle you say?  They don't have Nnamdi.....

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian says the team will not discipline defensive tackle Eric Foster, who faces a sexual assault lawsuit.
A 22-year-old hotel receptionist is suing Foster, claiming that he sexually assaulted her in his room at an Indianapolis hotel before the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 24.

Polian said Wednesday that the team has no reason to discipline Foster because police investigated the incident and prosecutors later decided not to file charges.

He says Foster remains with the team and will participate in its offseason program.

The Associated Press is not naming the woman because it generally does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Hmm...

Is Roger gonna look into this? Or is Foster not a big enough name to tarnish the NFL's image?

Does Foster have a history of sexual assault?

Originally Posted by DubA169

i didn't realize that the moral compass of roger goodell was more important than the penal system. excuse us for questioning his infinite wisdom. seriously people don't see the problem with this?
I agree.

I tend to think if charges were dropped, Goodell wouldnt have much to go on.

Yes BEN is behaving like a drunk frat guy, but that in alone isnt illegal.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian says the team will not discipline defensive tackle Eric Foster, who faces a sexual assault lawsuit.
A 22-year-old hotel receptionist is suing Foster, claiming that he sexually assaulted her in his room at an Indianapolis hotel before the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 24.

Polian said Wednesday that the team has no reason to discipline Foster because police investigated the incident and prosecutors later decided not to file charges.

He says Foster remains with the team and will participate in its offseason program.

The Associated Press is not naming the woman because it generally does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Hmm...

Is Roger gonna look into this? Or is Foster not a big enough name to tarnish the NFL's image?

Does Foster have a history of sexual assault?
Irrelevant.

Based upon this statement (ellipses = omitted information that specifically references Georgia/Milledgeville)

"I recognize that the allegations.... were disputed and thatthey did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. Mydecision today is not based on a finding that you violated.... law,or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. Thatsaid, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there isnothing about your conduct.... that can remotely bedescribed as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either thevalues of the league or the expectations of our fans."
Goodell can suspend whomever he wants if he feels that it's warranted, regardless of the individual's prior behavior.

Note that Goodell said nothing about the Vegas waitress/whateversheis in his statement about Roethlisberger, only that his conduct in one specific instance was unbecoming of the NFL.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

ESPN (i think it was) did a poll and 60% of the fans they polled want him out of the city. Most people here are mad at the organization for allowing Ben to "tarnish" they're good image and not doing something sooner about it. Most people are just pissed at Ben though.

I have a hard time believing that's accurate.

But regardless, I'll be more disappointed in the team if they were to trade him away over this.  It took 30 years to find a franchise QB, I'm willing to put up with some crap on the side if he's still capable of putting up solid enough numbers.   He may not have great judgment, but he's not a criminal and there's plenty of time left in dude's career to turn over a new leaf.

Exactly, and this is how the majority of Steelers fans show feel IMO.  This guy help win 2 Super Bowls for this organization in the last 5 years, thus making the team VERY relevant again.  No need to throw the man away over something like this??

Part 2 from the AJC...

Spoiler [+]
http://www.ajc.com/news/q...e-in-trouble-493407.html

[h1]QB’s case in trouble from the start [/h1][h2]AJC exclusive: NFL’s Roethlisberger benefited from lapses
 in Milledgeville case[/h2]

By Christian Boone
, Bill Torpy and Bill Rankin

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

MILLEDGEVILLE -- Shielded by two police buddies during an evening of bar-hopping in a Georgia college town, Ben Roethlisberger would acquire a third ally in blue after a college sophomore claimed that she was raped by the Pittsburgh Steelers star that night.

According to witnesses aligned with both the accuser and accused, Milledgeville police Sgt. Jerry Blash demonstrated little patience with the alleged victim, a 20-year-old Georgia College & State University student, or her claims that she was assaulted at a nightclub early on the morning of March 5 by the NFL star.

Roethlisberger, meanwhile, was barely pressed by Blash, the night commander, who had his picture taken with the two-time Super Bowl champ earlier that evening.

Vivid details of the encounter between Blash and the accuser emerge from an examination of a 500-plus-page case file on the incident compiled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The report and interviews with attorneys for Roethlisberger and the accuser, the district attorney for the Milledgeville area and other legal experts show that the investigation into the woman’s claim of sexual assault was compromised from the start.

“We’ve got a big problem. We’ve got a big problem. We’ve got a big problem!

Post gazette had a story very similar to this, creepy night overall but my guess is that as with most things, the actual events end up somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying. Ben definitely I'd in thr shortest leash possible with the team though, and apparently he is scared out if his mind. We will see if anything comes back from the battery of tests he faces

Pathetic that the biggest groupie in the club that night was someone who swore to protect people like this girl.

Whoa iPhone keypad FTL. The sentence was supposed to say Ben has the shortest leash possible, my bad

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

So he's cognizant of "law suits waiting to happen" but dumb in so many other regards.
Won't go to a sorority house, but takes a wasted girl into the bathroom.

That's Jake Delhomme status decision making.
smh.gif

i was just at d i c k's sporting goods...had an entire clearance rack of ben's jerseys and steeler stuff. alll bad.

[h1]SI story on Roethlisberger features several new details[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2010 8:36 AM ET
We pointed out before calling it a night that the new Sports Illustrated contains a feature regarding Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Though the magazine is not yet on newsstands, the article by Jack McCallum has been posted on the SI.com web site.

Here are some highlights (or, as the case may be, lowlights):

1. Agent Ryan Tollner claims that Roethlisbeger has gotten the message. "[H]e's a good person who doesn't want to be remembered as the kind ofguy who's being presented to the public right now," Tollner said.

2. In 2006, several months after Roethlisberger had suffered seriousinjuries due to riding a motorcycle without a helmet and then vowed toalways wear a helmet in the future, KDKA-TV captured images of himriding a motorcycle without a helmet.  He shot a middle finger to thecamera as he drove away.  The story never aired, possibly due toconcerns that it would have disrupted the station's relationship withthe Steelers.  (KDKA broadcasts the team's preseason games, and also isthe local CBS affiliate.)

3. Accounts of Roethlisberger's "Do you know who I am?" attitude arose repeatedly during the visit by Sports Illustrated writers to Pittsburgh.

4. A source close to Roethlisberger said that his goal with the allegedvictim in Milledgeville wasn't intercourse but "Clinton sex."  (Please,enjoy your breakfast.)

5.  The police officer who resigned inthe wake of the Milledgeville incident, Jerry Blash, has a sign in hiscarport that reads "RESERVED PIMP PARKING.  HO'S IN BACK."  (We're farmore offended by the fact that it's not funny at all.)

6.  Aperson named "Craig" told SI that, a few weeks before the Milledgevilleincident, he overheard Roethlisberger making lewd comments to apregnant waitress at a T.G.I.Friday's restaurant.  "Did your boyfriendforget to pull out?" were among the things Roethlisberger allegedlysaid.

7.  Roethlisberger held a party on the one-yearanniversary of his motorcycle accident, and his behavior resulted inRoethlisberger being required in the future to pay the $5 cover chargeat the bar, which thereafter prompted a call from a Steelers securityofficial asking why Ben had been banned.  The owner of the bar saidthat Roethlisberger hasn't been banned but also said, "Tell him he's anarrogant %*%%!+@, and every Steeler can get in without a cover excepthim."

8.   An unnamed friend of Roethlisberger's said that, whenthey are out together, the friend feels obligated to apologize towaiters and bartenders for Ben's behavior.  The friend has neverwitnessed sexual impropriety, but he has seen Ben "disrespect" women. 

9. I've long believed that words and actions during playground basketballgames are one of the biggest indicators of a guy's true character.  Sothis observation from the unnamed friend struck a chord:  "He isembarrassed by Roethlisberger's pettiness and immaturity during pickupbasketball games -- he says Big Ben will whine about team selection,talk mean-spirited trash and flex his biceps when he makes a good play."

10.  Teammate Willie Colon, who was with Roethlisbergeron the fateful night in Milledgeville, had this to say about thesituation.  "The fans have a right to be upset," he said.  "They buytickets to support us.  Remember that Ben is a human being, and humanbeings make mistakes.  Hopefully he learns from his and moves on."

#6 - im sorry but 
roll.gif
dude is ruthless

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

9. I've long believed that words and actions during playground basketballgames are one of the biggest indicators of a guy's true character.  Sothis observation from the unnamed friend struck a chord:  "He isembarrassed by Roethlisberger's pettiness and immaturity during pickupbasketball games -- he says Big Ben will whine about team selection,talk mean-spirited trash and flex his biceps when he makes a good play."

Tell why I swear I already knew Big Ben would be like this on the court.
laugh.gif

I hate these types of guys when I'm balling, especially when everyone else is just there to play and have fun then one guy has to be right about everything and complains if you make one turnover or he doesn't get a touch one possession. It just shows you how much of a bad sport some guys are and that they never were able to grow up and let the game play itself out, instead they just act like children and need every call to help them get a pointless W in a pickup game.

Ben may be the biggest douche in professional sports right now.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

ESPN (i think it was) did a poll and 60% of the fans they polled want him out of the city. Most people here are mad at the organization for allowing Ben to "tarnish" they're good image and not doing something sooner about it. Most people are just pissed at Ben though.

But regardless, I'll be more disappointed in the team if they were to trade him away over this.  It took 30 years to find a franchise QB, I'm willing to put up with some crap on the side if he's still capable of putting up solid enough numbers.   He may not have great judgment, but he's not a criminal and there's plenty of time left in dude's career to turn over a new leaf.

Exactly, and this is how the majority of Steelers fans show feel IMO.  This guy help win 2 Super Bowls for this organization in the last 5 years, thus making the team VERY relevant again.  No need to throw the man away over something like this??
that cause you guys arent adults.  some bum +!*# idiot who went through all this? nah bro you aint working or playing on my team. get out of my town.  when it comes to these issues, winning championships dont mean %+%.  all you care about is relevance to your sports team?  put the people of pitsburgh into perspective.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Tell why I swear I already knew Big Ben would be like this on the court.
laugh.gif

I hate these types of guys when I'm balling, especially when everyone else is just there to play and have fun then one guy has to be right about everything and complains if you make one turnover or he doesn't get a touch one possession. It just shows you how much of a bad sport some guys are and that they never were able to grow up and let the game play itself out, instead they just act like children and need every call to help them get a pointless W in a pickup game.

I hate those types too... the guys at the YMCA playing like they're in the 1998 high school state finals
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bangtcg

that cause you guys arent adults.  some bum +!*# idiot who went through all this? nah bro you aint working or playing on my team. get out of my town.  when it comes to these issues, winning championships dont mean %+%.  all you care about is relevance to your sports team?  put the people of pitsburgh into perspective.

*%@%-throw.jpg

I've long believed that words and actions during playground basketball games are one of the biggest indicators of a guy's true character.  So this observation from the unnamed friend struck a chord:  "He is embarrassed by Roethlisberger's pettiness and immaturity during pickup basketball games -- he says Big Ben will whine about team selection, talk mean-spirited trash and flex his biceps when he makes a good play."

Where they come up with this at? I've known people that are jerks playing but good people and vice versa..People are reaching.

While I am certainly no Ben fan and do find these details disturbingly entertaining.....
grin.gif
eyes.gif
at S.I. for this latest "investigation" to sell magazines.

Gee some breaking news topics there. And good thing we got "Craig's" quote about something Ben said once at TGI Fridays.

Classic case of piling on when the real story already broke and is nearly over.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

You are delusional.  The people that pack Heinz stadium on Sunday's and many followers that watch the Steelers religiously don't really care about the well-being of a player, they TRULY care about winning which is why they follow the Steelers to begin with.  I can see if Ben actually got hit with some charges but he didn't.  As far as I'm concerned the case is over.  By the time the season rolls around and if the Steelers start off 0-4 or start off having a losing record, I guarantee that just about any and all Steeler fans will be begging for Ben to take the field again, because as fans you want to see your team win, that's what it's about.

Back
Top Bottom