Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

That's a fair punishment, I think Goodell did good.
You know Al Davis is calling.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Are you saying IYO this girl sabotaged Ben and the entire NFL just to make them look bad for *++%! and giggles? What about the other sexual assault claims? Are you saying those are fake too?
Could be.......

Why are you so quick to defend Ben yet jump all over the women who claimed this saying their claims are false? Just wondering bro.

Well I'm backing Ben more than the women right now because the girl dropped her case thus making her case seem false IMO for the time being.  Alot of people claim things depending on the scenario at the time of an event, but when it's time to actually prove something or at least bring it to the light for others to judge and see their story completely changes, just something for you and others to think about.     

Goodell said it best.

"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."
...........and like I said earlier.............

"is this guy Roger Goodell commissioner of the NFL or a part-time Dr. Phil in training??"

i didn't realize that the moral compass of roger goodell was more important than the penal system. excuse us for questioning his infinite wisdom. seriously people don't see the problem with this?

I do but I'm not an employee of the NFL, and if the Union isn't fighting it...then it is what it is

Originally Posted by Deuce King

You completely missed the point, did both Kobe and the Duke lacrosse players put themselves in bad situations then since they were also accused of rape or sexual assault at the time??  Thus making both the NBA and Duke University at the time look bad in public??
Yeah. Kobe was married and should have never put himself in that situation to being with, and wasnt that some stripper at the Duke Lacrosse party? Are both of those things terrible? No, but they are still bad situations to be in. And no, having a stripper to your house is not the same as going to a strip club before anyone throws that out. 

"is this guy Roger Goodell commissioner of the NFL or a part-time Dr. Phil in training??"
Does it matter? He was put in the position to be the commissioner of the NFL and he is running it how he sees fit. Just like you could run your company how you want and employee, suspend, hire, and fire the people you want if you see it necessary.

Again not with a union, you can't do what you want, however it appears they are letting this go

Originally Posted by dmxfury

however it appears they are letting this go
And that should tell everyone they need to know.

I don't see why people are surprised by the suspension.

I would have been more shocked if he didn't get suspended.

Are you saying IYO this girl sabotaged Ben and the entire NFL just to make them look bad for *++%! and giggles? What about the other sexual assault claims? Are you saying those are fake too?
Could be.......

Why are you so quick to defend Ben yet jump all over the women who claimed this saying their claims are false? Just wondering bro.

Well I'm backing Ben more than the women right now because the girl dropped her case thus making her case seem false IMO for the time being.  Alot of people claim things depending on the scenario at the time of an event, but when it's time to actually prove something or at least bring it to the light for others to judge and see their story completely changes, just something for you and others to think about.     

Goodell said it best.

"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

Point noted about the girls. Like i said earlier though, Ben is known (especially around town) for being a slimebag. Ask anyone who lives in the burgh they have probably heard about this via word of mouth if not from first hand encounters. What im trying to get across here is that Ben is no saint, what happened in Georgia was more then likely the straw that broke the camel's back in a series of incidents.

There is TONS of trade talk going on right now its crazy.

Hmmm...so it'll get reduced to 4 games if he displays good behavior? A 4-game suspension is still harsh enough and Goodell was right on the money IMO.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Could be.......

Goodell said it best.

Point noted about the girls. Like i said earlier though, Ben is known (especially around town) for being a slimebag. Ask anyone who lives in the burgh they have probably heard about this via word of mouth if not from first hand encounters. What im trying to get across here is that Ben is no saint, what happened in Georgia was more then likely the straw that broke the camel's back in a series of incidents.

There is TONS of trade talk going on right now its crazy.

I hear you on Ben being a slimeball, really I do and I'm partial to agree with you on that point.  However, if the basis of Ben being suspended is because he's perceived as a "slimball" then alot of roster spots just opened up for teams around the league cause alot more guys could be suspended then based upon that.

Deuce King wrote:

Does it matter? He was put in the position to be the commissioner of the NFL and he is running it how he sees fit. Just like you could run your company how you want and employee, suspend, hire, and fire the people you want if you see it necessary.

A small business maybe...most businesses the size of the NFL have HR Departments and an appeals process for any type of disciplinary action taken against an employee...even if the CEO hands it out.  Goodell has none of that in place

Originally Posted by DubA169

i didn't realize that the moral compass of roger goodell was more important than the penal system. excuse us for questioning his infinite wisdom. seriously people don't see the problem with this?

These are the main points that people are overlooking unfortunately.

Ben needs serious Help.

Those Off Duty Police officers who acted as Ben's Bodyguards are in serious trouble too.
smh.gif

I believe Steelers are serious about parting with him because they are losing the public relations battle.

Goodell said it best.

This.

and this.

I don't get why people are so upset at Goodell's ruling. If it were that unfair, you best believe that the PU would be fighting on Ben's behalf. The fact that the NFLPA has remained silent should tell you plenty. You can go on and on about the code of conduct, Goodell, and fair vs. unfair practices in the NFL...the bottom line is NO ONE IS BACKING UP BEN ROETHLISBERGER IN THIS SITUATION. If the NFLPA had fought on his behalf, some of your arguments would hold some weight. The Players Union has backed the likes of Pacman Jones in the aftermath of his various transgressions...some of which he was found guilty for, and in which Goodell ruled with more of an iron fist. This punishment has been deemed appropriate by all sides, so I don't get why people are all up on Goodell's @%% about the way he dished out the suspension for Ben?

These are the main points that people are overlooking unfortunately.

How about you address the fact that the PU isn't backing Ben?  That's the main point YOU are overlooking. 

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Ben needs serious Help.

Those Off Duty Police officers who acted as Ben's Bodyguards are in serious trouble too.
smh.gif

I believe Steelers are serious about parting with him because they are losing the public relations battle.

Is it a stretch to say he never plays another down in the black/gold?  I can see the Steelers completely distancing themselves from him much like how the Falcons did with Mike Vick. 

Ben needs serious Help.

smh.gif

yeah okay.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

somebody find me a list of a a couple thousand steeler fans that want their 2 time superbowl winning tank of a QB to get ran out of town

that public relations spin is BS.

I think this is all a PR move and he is there unless an amazing offer comes through

Originally Posted by JinKazama

A small business maybe...most businesses the size of the NFL have HR Departments and an appeals process for any type of disciplinary action taken against an employee...even if the CEO hands it out.  Goodell has none of that in place
Most businesses the size of the NFL don't deal with worker's unions, either... Goodell has none of what in place? The Players Union is more than welcome to file grievances and appeals if they see fit, and they've done so with conduct suspensions in the past...

Originally Posted by DubA169

Ben needs serious Help.

smh.gif

yeah okay.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

somebody find me a list of a a couple thousand steeler fans that want their 2 time superbowl winning tank of a QB to get ran out of town

that public relations spin is BS.
you really dont know what youre talkin about, the Steelers are getting Pounded by their own fans.
that is why Rooney distanced himself so far from Ben with his first statements

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Whole thing is a joke.  Just come out and say it like it is - this is the only way to appease the female fanbase you've now made the league cater to first and foremost.  Housewives and grandparents, the only fans who matter to the NFL. 

33f16a4ed909e741e2710e72c348ed993ac76981.pjpg

It isn't a joke, and that's what you dont get.  Dude clearly has some serious issues that tend to involve consumption of alcohol and the subsequent predation of women. 

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom