Being a sneaker enthusiast appreciation? vol. bring it back to the old dayss

those days were fun
laugh.gif
most of us looked like damn fools tho..
i went to an ISS summit in 05 or 06..i forget when.. but i felt so out of place
smh.gif
that was the last day i referred to myself as a sneakerhead..

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I don't understand how people get on niketalk without being sneakerhead or atleast at some point having some interest in shoes. I will always be a sneakerhead but I have slowed down as I got older. Still have a ton of shoes.

I also hate the fact that dudes be trying to downplay sneakers in general like it's the cool thing to do. Buncha sheeps. Son you on a message board that's called niketalk. That's like going on BMW forum saying you don't like cars.

This man speaks the truth

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I don't understand how people get on niketalk without being sneakerhead or atleast at some point having some interest in shoes. I will always be a sneakerhead but I have slowed down as I got older. Still have a ton of shoes.

I also hate the fact that dudes be trying to downplay sneakers in general like it's the cool thing to do. Buncha sheeps. Son you on a message board that's called niketalk. That's like going on BMW forum saying you don't like cars.

It's like dude read my mind and typed it on Niketalk...

I'm still a sneakerlover....my whole life.

i still buy sneakers every now and then.... but nowhere near the pace of before... theres just so much garbage out there whether its colorways or quality

Good days. I still tend to buy a few pairs here and there. I think after the sj and 6 drop I might be done. Or atleast that's what I say. LOL

But, my view is qualty over quantity

I am saying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

i miss those days... but it aint the same anymore.

i started like really started in 04..last pair of jays i copped from a store..grapes.

i do buy new pairs on occasion though ( usually vintage's i never got a chance to get my hands on).. i dont go a quarter as hard as i did in like 06/07 though... start of 2010 is the complete stop though.

if you started in 04 you didn't get into the good stuff...

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

pimp.gif

we always looked freshh
smokin.gif

always thought we was doing it.. lol
saving up for that special pair that was 500+
getting new sneakers
pimp.gif

breaking into new sneakers.

I love sneakers.
pimp.gif

i know most of ya in here don't collect anymore.. but you can't deny what you used to be.
Still collecting..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think those downplaying "collecting" are a combination of those who can't understand people who emphasize quantity>quality andindividuals who simply grew out of it. I know I'm long past the days of paying 300+ for a pair no matter how much I like them

And not directly at you but I hate when people act like just because its called "Niketalk" that liking shoes or whatever is a requirement for stayinghere. We got a General, Music, and S&T section too, ya know..

I love sneakers. Waiting on a pair of Black/Silver V's in the mail right now.

Mostly only buying stuff I REALLY like right now, though. No more impulse buys.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im still sittin pretty on every pair i got since my prime hay days....its all about just gettin what you like and not coppin

#!# cuz you wanna be down.
The truth.

But you really like the Starburys?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im still sittin pretty on every pair i got since my prime hay days....its all about just gettin what you like and not coppin

#!# cuz you wanna be down.
The truth.

But you really like the Starburys?
laugh.gif
i have 2 pairs of autographed starburys
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

It's like dude read my mind and typed it on Niketalk...

I'm still a sneakerlover....my whole life.
This should be the new term cause its self explanatory no more describing what it means and no more adding onto what it means.

i've been collecting as a hobby since 1995 (Grant Hill 1's). i was heavy into collecting until this year. reason being, i stopped working for nike(employee store). i haven't gotten with the fact that if i want something, i have to pay retail. the ES sells SB product now, so i'm especially madi'm not there anymore.

also as i get older (28 now), i don't have patience for the camping out. my recent camp-out experience (his black friday at wal-mart) reminds me of why idon't go put myself out there as much as i used to when it comes to sneakers. my patience has worn down for camp-outs. leave that garbage to the youngercats that have the stamina for that.

paying a mortgage also takes the passion away as well.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

i miss those days... but it aint the same anymore.

i started like really started in 04..last pair of jays i copped from a store..grapes.

i do buy new pairs on occasion though ( usually vintage's i never got a chance to get my hands on).. i dont go a quarter as hard as i did in like 06/07 though... start of 2010 is the complete stop though.

if you started in 04 you didn't get into the good stuff...
eh earliest recordings of me being an enthusiast was 02, pick up point was 04, second pickup point was 06 .... still not the same as now
eyes.gif

edit: still been wearing jays/nikes since i was a baby
pimp.gif
.. but iobviously didnt take care of them or think of them that way
laugh.gif

It's still appreciated even though there aren't as many good shoes coming out. My shoes look good cuz they're a size 16
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom