Beer drinker of NT: Does your preference change with season?

Definitely. For whatever reason, the dark, cold, snow of winter changes my preferences in beer and liquor.

Chocolate stouts just seem to taste better in the winter time. Same with hoppy beers. On the flip, I love how refreshing summer ales and hefs are in thesummer, spring, and even fall. Basically drink the same ++%* until the winter.

I always try to look for Skinny Dip during the summer. It's a lager I think and it has a nice crisp taste to it.

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

yes and no.. as of the past year or so its been straight

with one of theeese

ALLDAY
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by King Beef

Keystone stays 2 cases for $22 by campus. So no it doesn't change.

Keystone = Keeps you drunk, keeps you on a budget.
roll.gif

me personally, while I am watching MNF currently....

3008067607_d0a7722510.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im heineken year round, but sam summer ale is one of my favs, so i switch then, and i tend to seek out red stripe in the summer too.

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

Originally Posted by King Beef

Keystone stays 2 cases for $22 by campus. So no it doesn't change.

Keystone = Keeps you drunk, keeps you on a budget.
roll.gif

me personally, while I am watching MNF currently....

3008067607_d0a7722510.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ooh haven't tried an oatmeal stout. does it taste like how it sounds?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I pretty much follow the seasonal ales. I prefer Dark beer in general, but I drink it a lot more during the winter time.

sa_winter_lager.jpg

Scooped a 12 of this last night for the first time....
pimp.gif

i don't drink beer as it isn't a preference of mine (compared to hard liquor). but i didn't know there were so many types out there (and afterliving in oregon where MANY local beers exist). so my questions are:

what doesn't have the cheap, disgusting taste like your typical beers (corona, coors, bud, michelob, pabst, etc)?

i tried alaskan amber ale at a crab shack and it was decent. didn't have a bad taste. are darks better tasting in-general?

Not with beer, but alcohol in general. Shots in the summer just don't do it for me. To me, shots are when it's 65 degrees and below because theyaren't refreshing while an ice cold beer is for the 70 degrees and above. If you wanna be technical and ask what's for the in between temperatures,I'd say its a toss up.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

i don't drink beer as it isn't a preference of mine (compared to hard liquor). but i didn't know there were so many types out there (and after living in oregon where MANY local beers exist). so my questions are:

what doesn't have the cheap, disgusting taste like your typical beers (corona, coors, bud, michelob, pabst, etc)?

i tried alaskan amber ale at a crab shack and it was decent. didn't have a bad taste. are darks better tasting in-general?
Just look for beers that aren't made by larger manufacturers. Lagers are the lightest. Ales are next and have a darker complexion and a morebitter taste. Then we have porters which are like guinness. And then stouts which are very dark and very filling at the same time and even sweet.

I like Lagers and Ales myself but I don't mind an occasional Guinness type beer.

My 3 go to beers in the winter are:
2quhnp3.jpg

adnewk.gif

zvotir.jpg%5B

They are easy to find not expensive.

these are always on rotation for me year round:
2hibk1f.jpg

30l18a0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom