Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

yo december u better get this joint for xbox man...i recruited so many cod players...were going to have to show them the ropes lol...lately when im on black ops i just troll all the kids abt bf3 lmao...some kid said he was gonna hack me if i keep talking about bf3 trololololol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Man i might buy it for both systems . Depends on the beta though... Ill have a better idea then but worst case scenario ill be on both PS3 & 360. Why would that be bad you say? cause id have to drop 120 for 2 copies of the same game 
grin.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Wen the beta drops ill probably use my Early Access for the PS3 first then once the Open beta drops a couple days after that, ill DL it for the 360 & run on there just to compare & contrast.. So ill be running with everyone 
happy.gif

But good @!#% burh
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I sold my blops copy & i cant even remember the last time i played a pub match ... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

just curious but is BC2 the first game you guys have played from the Battlefield series?

I played BF1942 when it first dropped.  Still my favorite of the series.

Well gentlemen . Another week without beta info goes by. After a couple tweets the past 2 days & listening to EA's BF3 new community manager (@crash7800) saying there will most likely be no beta info this week or posibly next week. This #@%% prob went come out til Sept 30th 11:59PM 
grin.gif
 Ive given up on guessing the beta. But rumors are now its going to be Sept 27th... Even battlefieldo posted it... I guess it gives me more time to enjoy NHL 12
grin.gif
. THIS DATE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANY OF DICE's official channels though.. So grain of salt. 

BF3 Beta + Platoons via Battlefieldo

vlcsnap-2011-09-02-19h12m24s1961-600x337.png

Over the past few weeks the main topic of discussion has been about the Battlefield 3 Beta. There are so many rumours floating around about it starting either today, tomorrow or the next day. Many members of the Battlefield community claim that it will be this weekend. The word on the street is that the beta will actually be starting on September 27th, 2011. We are assuming that this will be when the closed beta phase (48 hours) will begin, making the open beta on the 29th of September.  This is a date we have heard and as soon as BF-Games.net posted, we thought this would be a good time to post it up on our site.  Today, a new Battleblog will be released and hopefully some official confirmation on this date. Tokyo Games Show will be kicking off next week, hopefully if we don’t hear news from this Battleblog, we’ll get something from this event.

platoon-600x440.jpg

In other good news, we bring some information on the platoon system in Battlefield 3. By the looks of it, there will be some form of clan ranking system via Battlelog. Here is a screenshot showing the Platoon creation screen.  You can clearly see that there is a option to create emblem and tag. Perhaps this means that you will be able to see some sort of clan emblem in game. Needless to say, it’s great to see Battlefield getting some clan support. It seems like making a clan/platoon is really encouraged.

They just put up new Battlefield 3 teaser footage. It looks so awesome at night!
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
EDIT: Swendro posted it already.
laugh.gif
Good looks.
pimp.gif

Still not decided on which one to get! - don't want to spend dough on both, off the bat

But so excited on both!

[h2]Battleblog #10: Crafting a captivating story grounded in authenticity
Battlefield 3 is a new way for DICE to tell a story. Read on for a personal post from Lead Designer David Goldfarb and his take on how to craft a captivating single player campaign -- one that forgoes the fantastic in favor of the grim and the authentic.

If there’s one thing I’m proud of above all else in Battlefield 3, it’s the tone of the game.
Tone is vibe. It's style. It's a feeling. It's why The Dark Knight is awesome and the 60s Batman is not, the difference between Saving Private Ryan and Hogan's Heroes. It's one of those things which, if you do it right, affects everything. More than anything else in Battlefield 3's single player story, this is where we set out to do something different.

Battlefield 3 goes much closer to contemporary reality and current events than previous games in the series. We’re depicting a war and everything that suggests. We have tried to get closer to the slang of the modern warrior. We are mixing tension-building passages with the chaos of suddenly erupting firefights. We’ve sought to keep the game feeling as plausible as possible, because the moment the audience stops believing it could happen, then you’re just like every other shooter.

"We’re depicting a war and everything that suggests"

We loved making Battlefield: Bad Company and Bad Company 2. They were great fun, they had their own theme, they were light hearted. In essence, they were adventure flicks. Indiana Jones with an assault rifle. But with Battlefield 3, we knew we had to really divorce ourselves from those characters and those themes. We had to go somewhere else and do something different and push a different set of buttons. We're telling a war story now, and that means it needs to feel credible, it needs to feel contemporary, and it needs to connect with things and emotions that we have never really tried or had the means to properly connect to before.
The non-linear story in Battlefield 3 is told by way of a frame narrative where U.S. Marines Staff Sgt. Henry "Black" Blackburn is being interrogated about recent world-shaking events. What the player actually plays are Black's recollections of the events where a new threat known as the PLR caused him to be involved in military joint operation all across the globe.

BF3_5F00_tank_5F00_02_2D00_thumb.jpg

As the single player campaign takes players from Paris and New York to the dustbowl of the Tehran desert and beyond, they will also walk in the shoes of several different characters from different branches of the Armed Forces. Each playable character in Battlefield 3 allows the player to obtain his (or her) own perspective of the chaotic events that transpire, giving us the opportunity to explore the human psyche and what it means to be human.
One thing about DICE games is we do care about characters. This was true for Bad Company and it's true now. We put them in challenging situations. We ask them questions. In Battlefield 3, we ask: ‘What would you really do for your country?’. U.S. Marine Blackburn's answer might be different from another character's. It might be the same. We've tried to put our people in contexts where they make emotionally valid choices. Playing all of the different characters and first-hand experiencing their situations and methods leads to a stronger, more emotional, and more immersive experience in the single player campaign.

We're making a different game than we've ever made before. It's scary. It's bigger in scale and bigger in drama. The tone hits closer to home, is tougher and more raw than we've ever done before. But the values, I think, caring about the people next to you, the people you meet, the people you play. That's a constant for us.
David-Goldfarb-275.jpg

David Goldfarb, Lead Writer & Lead Designer, single player
[/h2]

Tweeted by @kahluafan . Part of the Creative Team at @EA
battlefield_3_beta_360.jpg

Edit - UPDATE*

An EA employee from the UK posted on his personal twitter account a picture of the Battlefield 3 beta running on Xbox 360. His twitter account has since been deleted, but the yfrog account still has the picture and comments. This might suggest that the Battlefield 3 beta has been approved by Microsoft and awaiting release. The Xbox 360 in the picture does not appear to be a dev kit. 

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165391

If dude got fired... 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

there still hasn't been any 360 footage released right?

probably not a good thing
laugh.gif
. as long as it looks at least a little bit better than bc2, i won't be mad.

So the game comes out next month but the beta for MOH buyers still hasn't come out? This makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

So the game comes out next month but the beta for MOH buyers still hasn't come out? This makes no sense.
Was thinking the same thing. Looks like the beta is more to attract new players to the game than really going in and fix any bugs that may exist. With that being said  I am really anticipating the beta since I never touched BF before.   

So looks like these are the maps thatll be in the beta as expected. But i guess this is what you can expect for the PC guys in Battlelog
71d3193c2b3102c8c445c41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom