Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nas

• Other

• Don't Know

• Total voters
I always wondered why people compare Ether to Takeover like they're equal when Takeover had just one verse dedicated to Nas while Ether had 3 :nerd:

Nas is a much better lyricist, not even comparable really. He's much more poetic.
Jay is a faaar superior songmaker.
I listen to both of their discographies weekly and it still startles me every time how much more lyrical Nas is and how much more accessible Jay is.
B.I.G. was better than both.
Had Jay's charisma and hit making ability with an elite level of lyricality that was easy for everyone to absorb.

Definitely. Shame we didn't get to see how far he could've took it.

Not going to waste my time...

Didn't take long for this dude Antidope :lol:

Think Duece King said he's going on vacation so he would have been in here too :lol:

Damn Antidope... now I'm going to bust ya **** up when Halo 4 drops :tongue:

NaS > Jay, but I'd take Biggie over both of them

I'm getting away from rap... just downloaded the best of Fleetwood Mac... this **** slaps 8)

I like both but I put on jay z when I feel like just chillin. Nas always puts me in a classroom which I can dig too

Jumping back in the Delorean to 2001 I see, makes me feel like I'm back in high school. :\ Anyways, I think Nas is the superior MC but it really just comes down to preference and these vs. threads never work out.
This is the real answer it depends on what the person likes more

The Dynasty was a very good album, you're looking for non commercial songs how did you not find them there? Where Have You Been, Soon You'll Understand, This Cant Be life? Some of the most heartfelt JAY-Z lyrics were on those tracks that can and will make you sad when you hear them.

Kingdom Come, I was just talking about this album today, it wasn't a bad album, it was just a sub par JAY-Z album. That "bad JAY-Z Album" would be the majority of artists greatest album.

I'm not going to go into the rest of that nonsense you typed but these two...

You truely believe The Dynasty was a "Very Good Album"? and that Kingdom Come "Wasn't A Bad Album"?

Come on fam... That's like a Nas fan saying Nastradamus wasn't poor. At least you could be objective about your favorite artist fam.

The Dynasty was a very good album, you're looking for non commercial songs how did you not find them there? Where Have You Been, Soon You'll Understand, This Cant Be life? Some of the most heartfelt JAY-Z lyrics were on those tracks that can and will make you sad when you hear them.

Kingdom Come, I was just talking about this album today, it wasn't a bad album, it was just a sub par JAY-Z album. That "bad JAY-Z Album" would be the majority of artists greatest album.

You truely believe The Dynasty was a "Very Good Album"? and that Kingdom Come "Wasn't A Bad Album"?

Come on fam... That's like a Nas fan saying Nastradamus wasn't poor. At least you could be objective about your favorite artist fam.

There's no helping it in him Cake... this dude would ride for Jay like it's his immediate family.

both have their upsides as well as downsides. overall they're pretty even...

i really think the nas v.s. jay argument boils down to what the listener values most in life...

You can never really call it honestly. Both have bad albums in their catalogs and both have classic albums. They both have longevity and both incredible wordplay. As for me personally I can listen to Nas a hell of a lot more than Jay-Z. I got back to Nas' classics way more than I do Jay's. And Nas has the better voice IMO.

But The Dynasty was a really good album, though.

And Kingdom Come wasn't a bad album. I think people just played it to the left because of "Show Me What You Got" & never gave it a chance after hearing that first single. Go listen to The Prelude, Oh My God, Kingdom Come (the song), Lost Ones, Do you Wanna Ride, 30 Something, Trouble, Dig a Hole, and Beach Chair. That album had bangers and is better than most rappers best album.

Back
Top Bottom