Basketball shorts to the beach?

There ARE basketball shorts than are light and airy enough and still dry fast, like mesh dri fit types. I had to take a 1hr activity elective my last yr just to make my credits add up and I took swimming and I used some Nike drifit mesh ones for the first few weeks and they were fine. I would also recommend compression shorts underneath, either way. They keep the shorts from laying on you (a problem you're more likely to have with durasheen or polyester shorts) and also hold your meat down so you don't get that "the imprint of my penis is showing" look.

Or you can just spend 5 bucks at Wal Mart and get some actual swim trunks though which is what I did, still wore the compressions underneath because sometimes if you get out the water too fast or make a quick movement, all the water will catch and pull your pants down, plus the chlorine was causing the color to fade in my bball shorts.

There ARE basketball shorts than are light and airy enough and still dry fast, like mesh dri fit types. I had to take a 1hr activity elective my last yr just to make my credits add up and I took swimming and I used some Nike drifit mesh ones for the first few weeks and they were fine. I would also recommend compression shorts underneath, either way. They keep the shorts from laying on you (a problem you're more likely to have with durasheen or polyester shorts) and also hold your meat down so you don't get that "the imprint of my penis is showing" look.

Or you can just spend 5 bucks at Wal Mart and get some actual swim trunks though which is what I did, still wore the compressions underneath because sometimes if you get out the water too fast or make a quick movement, all the water will catch and pull your pants down, plus the chlorine was causing the color to fade in my bball shorts.

yea Chlorine can mess up clothes pretty bad not worth messing up some nicebball shorts or putting them at risk. the material swim trunks are made of are pretty sturdy too, a lot of times the materials that are right outside of the pool can rip or scuff bball shorts (like brick or any kind of stonework)

had that happen to me a couple times and I stopped.

also if you're in saltwater, they will make your bball shorts smell awful if they're really absorbent and don't dry well

yea Chlorine can mess up clothes pretty bad not worth messing up some nicebball shorts or putting them at risk. the material swim trunks are made of are pretty sturdy too, a lot of times the materials that are right outside of the pool can rip or scuff bball shorts (like brick or any kind of stonework)

had that happen to me a couple times and I stopped.

also if you're in saltwater, they will make your bball shorts smell awful if they're really absorbent and don't dry well

If I go to the beach I'll wear basketball shorts. I don't know how to swim so I won't go into the water nor will I go to a pool.

If I go to the beach I'll wear basketball shorts. I don't know how to swim so I won't go into the water nor will I go to a pool.

I have plenty of basketball shorts. I use them to play basketball, lounge, sleep, stroll, run errands, BUT NEVER TO THE BEACH.

Its kinda like an unwritten rule. And it looks mad stupid/weird. Its on the same level and some dude wearing a white t shirt in the water.

Here's a few reasons:

1.) 2 layers. Basketball shorts+underwear is not a good look.
2.) Wetness. Takes forever to dry and retains a truckload of water weight.
3.) Heavy. When your shorts are heavy and wet and heavy, gravity is not your friend.
4.) Material. Whether it be mesh/dri fit/whatever, it has "pores/holes." Sand getting trapped in there isn't the business. (even without water/sitting on sand)
5.) Construction. Besides the material, bball shorts are made with inside layer and outside layer. More room for error/debris to get trapped.
6.) Its not functional. Its called basketball shorts for a reason.

Plenty more, but you should get the point.

If you still dont understand or have that "all I have and wear everyday is bball shorts mentality." Try this. Its like a baby/toddler/kid wearing a diaper in the water.
(with your logic, that's all they wear everyday blah blah blah, but they do make swimming apparel for the young ones, right?)

I have plenty of basketball shorts. I use them to play basketball, lounge, sleep, stroll, run errands, BUT NEVER TO THE BEACH.

Its kinda like an unwritten rule. And it looks mad stupid/weird. Its on the same level and some dude wearing a white t shirt in the water.

Here's a few reasons:

3.) Heavy. When your shorts are heavy and wet and heavy, gravity is not your friend.
4.) Material. Whether it be mesh/dri fit/whatever, it has "pores/holes." Sand getting trapped in there isn't the business. (even without water/sitting on sand)
5.) Construction. Besides the material, bball shorts are made with inside layer and outside layer. More room for error/debris to get trapped.

If you still dont understand or have that "all I have and wear everyday is bball shorts mentality." Try this. Its like a baby/toddler/kid wearing a diaper in the water.
(with your logic, that's all they wear everyday blah blah blah, but they do make swimming apparel for the young ones, right?)

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

So if it's raining outside you guys rather wear a cotton hoody than a windbreaker?

Basketball shorts are not made of cotton. so try again

But your underwear is correct?

oh idk about other people but i freeball in my basketball shorts when i hit the pool

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

So if it's raining outside you guys rather wear a cotton hoody than a windbreaker?

Basketball shorts are not made of cotton. so try again

But your underwear is correct?

oh idk about other people but i freeball in my basketball shorts when i hit the pool

I am an avid swimmer so I probably have like 10 pairs of board shorts that I rotate. Living in So Cal and by the beach, board shorts are a wardrobe requirement. I rock bball shorts all the time though just not to the beach... I do not understand that concept.

I am an avid swimmer so I probably have like 10 pairs of board shorts that I rotate. Living in So Cal and by the beach, board shorts are a wardrobe requirement. I rock bball shorts all the time though just not to the beach... I do not understand that concept.

compression shorts + trunks for me
but I see plenty of guys wearing basketball shorts to the beach, never thought anything of it really

compression shorts + trunks for me
but I see plenty of guys wearing basketball shorts to the beach, never thought anything of it really

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

Here's a few reasons:

Maybe I missed it but did someone say they wear bball shorts everyday?  Other than that you make good points aside form bball shorts looking stupid at the beach.
Personally I find chlorine does way more damage than sand or salt water but that's a lesson I learned when I was 8 years old. If I'm going to the beach/pool to actually swim and not just lounge, I wear beaters. I doubt anybody is diving in the water with their $60 SOD's on. 

However, my nike dri-fit shorts are one layer, air dry near instantly, are lighter than board shorts, and function flawlessly as swim wear. All things I don't think twice about if I can't find a pair or don't have them on me.

I also free ball when I feel like, maybe I'm just a nasty @##%%. 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

Here's a few reasons:

Maybe I missed it but did someone say they wear bball shorts everyday?  Other than that you make good points aside form bball shorts looking stupid at the beach.
Personally I find chlorine does way more damage than sand or salt water but that's a lesson I learned when I was 8 years old. If I'm going to the beach/pool to actually swim and not just lounge, I wear beaters. I doubt anybody is diving in the water with their $60 SOD's on. 

However, my nike dri-fit shorts are one layer, air dry near instantly, are lighter than board shorts, and function flawlessly as swim wear. All things I don't think twice about if I can't find a pair or don't have them on me.

I also free ball when I feel like, maybe I'm just a nasty @##%%. 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

i always wear bball shorts to the beach
i dont get in the water tho, chicagos beaches are dumb dirty

how does it look stupid/weird? almost everyone i see at the beach wears bball shorts
maybe ur reffering to cali/florida people wear the beaches are beautiful clean safe
some of our beaches our just like our hoods smh

i always wear bball shorts to the beach
i dont get in the water tho, chicagos beaches are dumb dirty

how does it look stupid/weird? almost everyone i see at the beach wears bball shorts
maybe ur reffering to cali/florida people wear the beaches are beautiful clean safe
some of our beaches our just like our hoods smh

I dont own any swim trunks, so i wear my old high school football shorts to the beach. They dont get to bad when wet, and I could care less.

Back
Top Bottom