"Baracka Flocka Flame Parody Causes National Controversy" NY Times Article

[h1]Prez N the Hood: A Hip-Hop Parody Stirs Up Issues[/h1][h6]Published: October 25, 2010[/h6]
[size=-1](Page 2 of 2)[/size]

Locating Mr. Obama in a hip-hop context wasn’t a stretch, Mr. Davis said: “He’s a come-up story, in the biggest way possible. That’s what a lot of rap is about, grinding hard, making it from nothing to something.

[h1]Prez N the Hood: A Hip-Hop Parody Stirs Up Issues[/h1][h6]Published: October 25, 2010[/h6]

Locating Mr. Obama in a hip-hop context wasn’t a stretch, Mr. Davis said: “He’s a come-up story, in the biggest way possible. That’s what a lot of rap is about, grinding hard, making it from nothing to something.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I KNOW Wacka Flocka ain't talkin bout ignorance! Maybe I read that wrong.

Dude and his mom talkin about ignorance
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's called a "parody" for a reason.

yeah but he still the president though. The FIRST black president so I can see how people would be offended with it. He's the first person of color to reach that high of a position, so smoking blunts in the hood and talkin about trickin and stuff really aint a good look. 

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's called a "parody" for a reason.

yeah but he still the president though. The FIRST black president so I can see how people would be offended with it. He's the first person of color to reach that high of a position, so smoking blunts in the hood and talkin about trickin and stuff really aint a good look. 

She wants a positive image, has she not heard her sons so called music. The Parody version was better than the real version. You wanna do something momz, spank your son for that horrible BET performance. 

She wants a positive image, has she not heard her sons so called music. The Parody version was better than the real version. You wanna do something momz, spank your son for that horrible BET performance. 

laugh.gif
at Waka's mother saying that isn't a positive image for us (African Americans), your son's LYRICS (which were barely changed in the parody) aren't a positive image either.

laugh.gif
at Waka's mother saying that isn't a positive image for us (African Americans), your son's LYRICS (which were barely changed in the parody) aren't a positive image either.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
exactly...

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
exactly...

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

agree 100%. it's like the pot calling the kettle fat.  
p.s. the video is funny as hell, even more so if you already listen to Flocka - they need to make one for "Lambo Dis Summa"!!!!

p.s.s. listening to "Go Hard (In The Paint)" right now.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

agree 100%. it's like the pot calling the kettle fat.  
p.s. the video is funny as hell, even more so if you already listen to Flocka - they need to make one for "Lambo Dis Summa"!!!!

p.s.s. listening to "Go Hard (In The Paint)" right now.  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom