Banned/recalled/controversial shoes

quote:

I couldn't find anything on it but I remember Kevin Johnson having some Converse's back in the day that were banned because they were called the"Run N Gun"s or the "Run N Shoot"s. I remember them that they were either banned or had the name changed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

is that converes now called the RNS? Run And Slam?

the first couple trunners got recalled...it came with a metal tab or something by the achilles and apparently it would rip through and tear you up. I stillhave the white/black/red with some patent leather pair from footaction. I kept them knowing about the recall and thought they might be cool to keep around inthe future

The asian community protested the shoes, Huf collab, no? If not, I suck, and I'm sorry.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by WavieCrocket

story on these?

Ray Fong was a charecter that huf created and it was controvertial because it imaged a streotypical chinese man.

I have the shirt up stairs in my room. A real collectors item because it was scrapped so fast.

story on these?

Ray Fong was a charecter that huf created and it was controvertial because it imaged a streotypical chinese man.

I have the shirt up stairs in my room. A real collectors item because it was scrapped so fast.

nike-freddy-krueger-dunk-low-sb-horror-2.jpg

nike-freddy-krueger-dunk-low-sb-horror-4.jpg

miramax sued for infringement on these freddy kruger SBs

Just to clarify the Ray Fong character was actually created by grafitti artist Barry Mcgee aka twist and not huf.

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

story on these?

smh I'd be embarrassed to own any sort of clothing with that picture on them.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

story on these?

smh I'd be embarrassed to own any sort of clothing with that picture on them.

i wouldn't buy or wear anything with an image like that on it.

trunner lx
trunner 2000
trunner bubble

nike free 5.0 original release

nike shox XT original release

those are just a couple that come up in my head

Originally Posted by Blue0230

This is a good thread. SMH at the "so what" dudes on the first page.

word this thread was very informative and interesting. those vicks (red) were not scrapped...just didnt sell well so they went to outlets.

Banned
Three models of Nike shoe-the Jordan Trunner LX, the Jordan Trunner 2000 Mid and the Jordan Trunner Bubble-from the Baltimore city jail system, after prisonworkers found that inmates were fashioning weapons from the shoes' steel and plastic parts.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

eh i meant to put those vicks as controversial rather than banned/recalled
laugh.gif
@ u sayin that cuz i came here to say that they weren't banned.

i wanted a pair soooooooo bad. i still do. but they were hard to find. they did sell them in Newport News tho, but they aint have my size. but i do still havethe white/black version tho.

Air Melt, Air Grill, and Air-B-Que we're taken off the shelves along with Air Bakin because they featured the same logo.

Originally Posted by ICantJumpMAN67

the first couple trunners got recalled...it came with a metal tab or something by the achilles and apparently it would rip through and tear you up. I still have the white/black/red with some patent leather pair from footaction. I kept them knowing about the recall and thought they might be cool to keep around in the future

They were good shoes too - I had the OG grey/black Trunner LX; great for the gym - played in mine heavily (lifting, squash, etc. w/no problems) then I saw therecall notice from Nike & was able to trade them in & get a voucher for some other Nike crosstrainers... Miss them now.

Im sure it wasnt really that controversial, but when Penny first wore the Foamposites,
he was threatened to be fined by the NBA because the Royal Foams werent predominately black based for an away shoe.

jordan xiv's were somewhat controversial when they originally released, atleast
around my way, due to the gang culture and whatnot, they were the first jordan's
to have the model number on the shoe. northerner's loved'em, southerner's despised'em.

Originally Posted by Laxedout

the air bakin to me is the most interesting. the air on the heel too closely resembled the sybol for Allah and the shoes were recalled and the design was changed to the classic Nike Air logo

airbakinair.JPG
i may be mistaken but from what i remember, the picture above is what nike changed the logo to after the whole controversy... heres the logo thatwas the issue. you can see in the original, the letters were all connected but the picture above the "A" is seperated from the "ir"

nike-air-bakin-retro-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom