Banksy's Exit through the Gift Shop

banksy-31-480x270.jpg

If you havent had a chance to check this out, I highly recommend it. Documentary is incredibly informative on the street art culture and MBW is quite possibly the most unintentional funniest man on earth. Super dope documentary

It wasnt all that informative but was a good and MBW was very entertaining. Its really not about Banksy at all but more so the life and times of MBW.

Cant believe how this guy is getting paid now
smh.gif

Fair play to son though. I've tried a few stencil graf pieces and its not as easy as it first seems. I do like this guys work and guerilla art on the whole is appreciated so i shall be checking for this documentary. good looks.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

It wasnt all that informative but was a good and MBW was very entertaining. Its really not about Banksy at all but more so the life and times of MBW.
Pretty much.

It was the exact opposite of what I was expecting but I really enjoyed it.

I just watched this on Netflix Instant Stream and it was a blast
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
A scathing critique of Banksy's own fan base and the art culture. The last 20 minutes were hysterical yet insightful. Mister Brainwash
laugh.gif
Just great.

I'm ashamed I haven't seen this yet. Heard nothing but good things from people whose opinion I respect.

Just got this the other day. I'll have to check it out tonight i've heard a lot of good reviews about it.

I watched this at a local theatre in Dallas,TX. Great film and helps you with ideas if you're an artist as well.

Waiting for a Dallas,TX art film now.........

gotta check it out...anytime I end up stepping in an urban outfitters I usually look through his book that they sell.

Is this worth buying? I wanted to get it on Blu-Ray but most of them I found were Blu-Ray players in europe. I think they were called Mode B blu rays or something like that.

I saw it

is MBW a practical joke that they created for the film?

I really think it is, sad thing is it worked.

ya movie is dope. not what i expected but real good film,
i met Shepard Fairey (OBEY) 2 weeks ago, he was down here in miami for art basel.

movie was fresh, i started to really hate mbw towards the end of the film, they really created a monster with him, real or fake

some graff writers believe Banksy is a sell-out but dude is getting paid for what he love doing

Originally Posted by FullTech

some graff writers believe Banksy is a sell-out but dude is getting paid for what he love doing

happens with everything (rappers, actors, bands, etc),
being underground doesnt pay the bills *shrugs*

Why cause he's getting paid? These "starving artists" need to give it up.

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

happens with everything (rappers, actors, bands, etc),
being underground doesnt pay the bills *shrugs*
true

Originally Posted by rashi

Why cause he's getting paid? These "starving artists" need to give it up.

idk, guess it's along lines of hate or the usual "I believe Cope2 should be bigger than him" (pause)

It's not like banksy stopped being a street artist. He still gets out there and does his thing, right?

Saw this movie as a "sneak peak preview". Dope movie... I recommend it if you like "street-art". I might watch it again on my Netflix. Haha

Back
Top Bottom