Banksy painting "self destructs" after sell at Sotheby's

Didn't know that, hmm. I don't get art culture lol

It’s because Banksy planned the shredding himself. The “performance art” and the worldwide viral recognition that came with it supposedly doubled that piece’s value. It’s worth like $2m now :lol:

he basically played himself cuz it didn't shred completely and ironically added more value to something he wanted to "rebel against".
i really don't think he cares about how much people value his work
his paintings have been going for tons of money for a while now
i really think he enjoys just being anonymous and putting out dope ****

you don't think he thought about the value going up after this performance?
for someone so meticulous i doubt he overlooked that.

and if the painitng would have shredded completely, they would still pick up the pieces and display them in it's shredded manner.
the value would have still went up regardless

da video candidly showed that his device malfunctioned, he definitely wanted it to completely destroy it, his admission that "it worked in rehearsal" showed his hand....w/e art world is one of da few places where hypebeastin gimmicks is integral to its survival.

Nah he knew what was doing, even if it did completely shred it wouldn't be "completely destroyed". If he wanted to do that he could have made it disintegrate or completely covered it in black ink or something.

Yea...even if it did shred completely, they probably still would've sold the strips for twice as much.

The art world is funny to me

It's funny to Banksy too.

If you haven't seen it yet, watch "Exit Through the Gift Shop."

Also, this stunt would've been much more epic if he did it with the "I Can't Believe You Morons Actually Buy This ****" print.

I like that it didn't shred all the way. I think it'll be a much cooler story many years from now with the painting half way in and half way out rather than having the whole thing shredded and then reassembled
and it just looks cool hanging out of the bottom of the frame like that

Back
Top Bottom