Baduizm Appreciation

Got damn my moms has good taste in music, had the kid crooning "Pick yo afro daaaaaaaaaddy!" at a very young age.

zxp5jk.jpg

Rimshot Intro & Outro
On & On
Appletree
Next Lifetime
Certainly
Certainly (Flipped It)
4 Leaf Cloveer
Drama
Sometimes

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
times infinity. In a three way tie between Brown Sugar and House of Music for my favorite modern R&B/Soul album.

Joint is much appreciated.

Still listen to this album til this day. My mom put me up on it back then. And you hit it on the head w/ Brown Sugar...Straight classics.

She rep's the hometown heavy but man I could never get into her +!+. I just couldn't relate. Now I can F with her new stuff and my moms wants nothingto do with her new +!+.

I love this album, so it's definitely appreciated.

Mama's Gun is my favorite album by Ms. Badu though.
Didn't Cha Know will always be my favorite song by her...it's just
pimp.gif

YO!
This is by far her best work

Lies.

Mama's Gun > *

BUT this album is more grounded. Very R&B but not necessarily groundbreaking off the heels of Brown Sugar; which also is "soft" in hindsight toits follow-up. Enjoyable as hell though.

And in fact, I got hip to this album while in the 8th grade. My brother was a sophomore at NC State, I was on my spring break visiting. His roommate kept itgrimy (& yet smooth), thought I was sleep and brought a chic through to get buns with this joint playing.
laugh.gif
I promptly returned home and copped fromMedia Play along with a copy of Ready To Die.

pimp.gif

DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom