Bad Boy's R&B or a R&B Song's "Bad Boy Remix" > Your Label's...

In any other genre Diddy would be consider a producer. A lot producers dont really make the beat they produce by arranging and having an ear for whats going to be appealing. Thats how I've always thought Diddy got down. and act like Diddy's background wasnt in producing acts like Jodeci and Mary J. I cant see Diddy playing chords but he obviously is the common denominator behind those hits. Word to JD and So So Def being a close second to Bad Boy in remixes. Not to derail the thread tho

Originally Posted by dland24

^The hell?
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 ol' boy was confused

Originally Posted by illphillip

People gon' believe what they believe. It's no secret he's not a "producer" in the traditional sense. He's more of a record "maker" than "producer" per say.
[Also in response to your previous comment before that about button pushers and using equipment]

Actually, I always believed "producer in the traditional sense" was the guy with the ear that directed traffic during the studio session i.e. Puff
That's how I see Quincy Jones, ?uest Love and Rodney Jerkins define it

and that it's the "Modern Age" definition of producer which translates to the button pushers, instrumentalists, equipment folks etc

::

People gon' believe what they believe. It's no secret he's not a "producer" in the traditional sense. He's more of a record "maker" than "producer" per say.
[Also in response to your previous comment before that about button pushers and using equipment]

Actually, I always believed "producer in the traditional sense" was the guy with the ear that directed traffic during the studio session i.e. Puff

and that it's the "Modern Age" definition of producer which translates to the button pushers, instrumentalists, equipment folks etc

Originally Posted by ZSong

THIS

Originally Posted by ZSong

THIS

a puffy appreciation thread. sometimes i wish i could have a real life chat with the music forum.
pimp.gif
hip hop(music) knowledge at its best

a puffy appreciation thread. sometimes i wish i could have a real life chat with the music forum.
pimp.gif
hip hop(music) knowledge at its best

Back
Top Bottom