Bachelor Pad.

Alexa is cool, but the broad be coming on at random times yo, i swear they listening to me lol

how is the speaker?

The clarity on the hockey puck style Google home is very good. Surprisingly does a good job playing back music as well too.

The Google home max is excellent. It sounds like high end bookshelf speaker and when want to get stupid, it gets loud at high levels with little distortion. I don't have one but I demoed one at a Google store in NYC, in a silent booth. Is it worth $400 yes...if you can get it for less by all means I'll buy this speaker till I get the chance to demo the apple homepod.

I have an Alexa (Echo dot), was given as a gift. I ask her every morning the weather, and have used it to play music. Other than that, it sits on my t.v. stand :lol: .

Alexa is cool, but the broad be coming on at random times yo, i swear they listening to me lol

there is some usefulness with the smart speakers but ultimately people are bugging their own crib, speakers are listening/recording 24/7, no bueno.

at least with phones there is airplane mode or off/locked.

I move every 4 or 5 years. In fact, I love Texas, specifically Houston (lived there 9 years), and what to settle down out there when this gig is over, or if I'm lucky, before I retire from career #1. Grew up in Florida, live in San Diego (2.5 years) currently, and have lived in AL (8 years) and NC (2 years) as well. There going to be some things you're going to need to get used to, the heat and humidity being one, especially since it's pretty mild in Southern California IMO. One thing you're not going to have to adapt to is the cost of living. $300K to $400K house is an awesome house in the Houston suburbs. Hell, $200ish is pretty damn decent, too.

My best advice is to go in August, during the hottest days of the year and spend a few weeks out there and see if you can deal with the weather and see if it's really your speed. I'd stay in the triangle, too. Houston, Dallas, and Austin/San Antonio. Beaches are kinda gross outside of Houston, but there are perks like being able to drive on them in certain areas, and you have the whole damn place to yourself some days. If you don't mind driving, Destin, FL is about 10/11 hoursish, but nicer beaches than you're ever gonna find on the West Coast in terms of water and sand. Long story short, there may be some things you need to get used to, just like every place, but spend some time there before you go all in. Unlike you, I'm not necessarily given a choice on whether I want to leave; it's a requirement for my job.
August in Houston?!?!?!
nope.gif

Literally hell on Earth!

Not gonna lie, i came in here thinking this was about the show "Bachelor Pad" on ABC. After watching last night's legendary episode of the Bachelor, it got me into thinking about BP.

Not even ashamed.

there is some usefulness with the smart speakers but ultimately people are bugging their own crib, speakers are listening/recording 24/7, no bueno.

at least with phones there is airplane mode or off/locked.

Thier is a physical mute switch on the Google home devices. Not sure of Alexa, but proably sure toggle in the software. They listen but not all the time. You should look at your TV cause that's always listening ain't no toggle for that.

I have both the echo dot and google home mini, they’re both useful for different things. For commands, shopping, and general info Alexa wins but like was mentioned Google takes the cake for natural language and fact listing.

Google Home really shines when you add other smart devices to it. I bought the Home Minis while they were on sale and then for Christmas I got my girlfriend Philips Hue lights. Add in a Chromecast and suddenly I can just tell the Home to play music in a certain room, turn the TV on, change the lights, in addition to it's normal features and functions.

I didn't think I would be into it, but once I got a small taste, I REALLY liked smart home tech. At the very least, the Home gives you a speaker, an assistant, and a hub for future smart devices.

I use mine every single day. Setting reminders is incredibly useful, same with timers, alarms, a quick question, it'll even tell you recipes step by step. Smart home tech is dope.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good lounge chair that's doesn't consume too much space I can stick in my room for when I'm just chilling watching TV or doing computer work?

I did those myself. I enjoy doing these type of projects and woodworking so I'll attempt just about anything. My next project will be to build a new surround for the fireplace.

DID SOME MORE WORK ON THE ACRYLIC DISPLAY COFFEE TABLE I'M BUILDING. ACRYLIC CAME IN YESTERDAY, SO I DECIDED TO GLUE THE PIECES TOGETHER AND GET IT READY TO SET ON THE WOODEN BASE FRAME.

IMG_1205.JPG

ALL GLUED UP
IMG_0700.JPG

TESTING LED LIGHTS UNDERNEATH THE TRANSLUCENT WHITE ACRYLIC FLOOR
IMG_0282.JPG

THREW IN THE BATMOBILE TUMBLER AND BTTF DELOREAN TO GET A SENSE OF HOW THEY WILL LOOK ONCE THE COFFEE TABLE IS COMPLETE
IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0288.JPG

DID RUN INTO A SNAG WHEN WIFE DRIPPED A BIT OF GLUE ON ONE OF THE CORNERS OF THE ACRYLIC, BUT NOTHING SOME WET SANDING AND BUFFING WON'T TAKE OUT.

Back
Top Bottom