Bachelor Pad.

That is a lot of reading material for some simple ideas, black and white photos are classy, also go with the K.I.S.S method when putting your pad together, keep it simple stupid=K.I.S.S.
pimp.gif

KISS 
smokin.gif

Well, purchasing a home has been put on hold.  Renting a 1 bedroom from my homie since he just got this 2 unit crib.  Figure I help him out while I continue to save (Don't want to buy in the type of "areas" that I can afford right now,
laugh.gif
).

Anyway.

I'm good with appliances, but need some good spots to buy furniture.  Already made my mind up on a "Platform" bed, where's a good spot to buy a frame?  Only thing I'm keeping from my old stuff are the book shelfs and the racks (for shoes).

Hitting up Ikea, need to buy a couch and a chair as well.  Probably due a sectional.  It's hardwood floors, so that's a "W" already. 

I'm in SoCal, any type of furniture plug will be appreciated.  This summer is going to be insane.

Things I need:

Bedroom:
-Bed
-Drawers

Kitchen:
-Everything except a George Foreman Grill
laugh.gif

-Nice table

Living room:
-Got a couple of Ikea book shelves I'm going to utilize
-Need recommendation on couches, "coffee table", lamps.

Wouldn't say I'm on a budget, but want to be smart/frugal.

thanks gents!

^ I recently got a couch and a 5 piece dinning set from Bobs, and so far I'm loving in. Saw some awful reviews regarding delivery but I had 0 problems. Got a huge sectional and a 5 piece set w/ tax/delivery for $1500.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by theHBkid

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

is there a SOHO is canada?

Yes! 
That is who my "builders" are. Soho Lisgar is what I purchased - I also bought Thompson Residence in Toronto that will be done next summer, not this.

Good eye brother! How'd you know - where else is there a Soho besides Toronto and Vancouver?

Here is a rendition from my builders website.... 

*Only thing is that mines a different colour package designed by the Gluckstein Design firm and the view is actually of the city and rooftops of other buildings.

soho is a trendy neighborhood in manhattan
laugh.gif

soho = south of houston st.
yea i was gettin ready to say that

Good news, Jennifer Convertibles delayed the delivery so by law I got a chance to cancel my order. 
Got these sectionals from Crate and Barrel, don't think they really got with the table though so let me know what you guys think.

AxisSectional1RevF04

Type of bed I'm looking for, this one is $1k (little steep):

file_44_8.jpg

Need to head out and look for deals...it's bout to get 'spensive.

Doing some remodeling, knocked out our two closets with wall and all, is gonna be patched up and the space will be used for two Pax wardrobes, will post pics later in the weekend

Also did the bathroom with Ikea cabinet and mirror

And bought a bench and pending light from West Elm

It looks great, but at the end of the day, it's Ikea furniture and I'd be afraid it will fall apart in 3 years.

I do really like that look though (minus the speakers... they look horrible).

That's a beautiful set up!

Iron - Im about to drop money on a couple of tillary sofas from West Elm, they are coming out to 1600 but by far the most versatile sofas I've ever seen, they can be set up as a sectional, or as individual sofas, even a lounge chair...all depends on the way you arrange the backs...amazing piece of furniture if you are looking for something for your living room

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It looks great, but at the end of the day, it's Ikea furniture and I'd be afraid it will fall apart in 3 years.

I do really like that look though (minus the speakers... they look horrible).

I've been on my own for 6 years, 2 different apartments and my ikea bed was given away in perfect shape after 3 years as opposed to a pier 1 that had to be replaced within 1.5 years...it all depends how you treat your furniture, but I live and die by ikea's quality and modern designs.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

You need a bigger bathroom b 
laugh.gif

Who me???....yeah i know, my bathroom is tiny, but is nicely set up....lolMy room makes up for it in terms of space though...lol

nothing wrong with ikea. even got a futon i smash on hard!!! im actually surprised it HASNT broke or collapse mid long hard stroke. or mad pouncing. full weight, from the top ropes kinda moves and still hasnt broke.

if you seen beddinge ikea futon, you see its just WOOD PLANKS underneath that is supporting it. so i can vouch for ikea. oh and its been a good few years

I had someone help me...I live in a coop so is always best to have a pro around when dealing close to plumbing and electrical just to cover your back.

ksteezy, where is that bathroom sink from? My condo still has the original faucet and cabinets, need replacement.

ikea homie, joint is 10000x better than the crap home depot joing i had before and for about the same price, whole set up ran me 350$....im waiting until the wife's closet and mines are done to post pictures of all the upgrades.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

That's a beautiful set up!

Iron - Im about to drop money on a couple of tillary sofas from West Elm, they are coming out to 1600 but by far the most versatile sofas I've ever seen, they can be set up as a sectional, or as individual sofas, even a lounge chair...all depends on the way you arrange the backs...amazing piece of furniture if you are looking for something for your living room
img2495z.jpg

Very versatile.  Very comfortable.  I fall asleep on it often.  Friends love to sleep on it.

The biggest thing though, I got iron on velcro strips because the cushions do not stay secure very well.  It made a HUGE improvement, and I wish I would have done it sooner.

Amazon product ASIN B000YZ8TC2

Back
Top Bottom