Bachelor Pad.

Also anyone got these
Amazon product ASIN B00BSN8DN4

Amazon product ASIN B005AEZ93Y
Eh speak for yourself.

My bad. Do you :smokin

Who's da nter dat has gotten ya be from a short or is da word ****** okay... Before

Last edited:
I have a cali king with rails. How would I make for a "platform" look? Looking to ditch the rails.
Damn, Cali kings are huuuge!! But my bed frame is made from wooden pallets with art as a headboard. I use a total of 8 pallets stacked by 2. You can call a pallet shop and get them made to your desired specs. I'll post pictures at some point.

**** that...I'm just gonna have to invest in some power tools and lumber
nthat.gif
just last week I looked up on Youtube how to make a bed out of pallets

i aint bout that life tho...

as far as a box spring and mattress on the floor, it's all about how you do it... i've seen some on Houzz that look incredible when the bedroom decor compliments it

i lost the brackets for my bed frame when I moved so I'm doing the bed on the floor thing currently and decided not to get a frame ... i'm just going to get a white wool blanket to cover to put between the box spring and mattress and let it hang down to the floor -- like a bedskirt but with texture to make it look better than just a plain white flat skirt...

im in the process of adding a bunch of **** to my crib which is going from bachelor pad to coed dwelling .... my baby momma's female cousin needs a place to stay and is moving in next week...

im still going to consider it a bachelor pad tho cz she aint on the lease and is basically just crashing there for a cool minute...  i have 3 bedrooms and it's just me there so whatever

Hmmmm

Seems pretty damn simple to me for a basic version

FInd/Purchase
Sand/paint/stain
Stack/Attach with screws/brackets

http://pallet-furniture.blogspot.com/2013/04/pallet-bed-frame.html
 no offense but these all look terrible to me. i love the modern platform bed look although i too share some sex doubts about it. im 6'1. having sex 1.5 feet off the ground is NOT an appealing concept to me. in fact, laying down to sleep 1.5 feet off the ground doesnt sound appealing. but ill be damned if these low bed dont look GREAT.

take this modloft worth bed (asian inspired VERY sexy...looking) its low as HELL and wide as hell. makes ur room look bigger, however... how can u sleep that low to the ground? and all ur furniture is so much taller than it.. not to mention theres that big lip around the mattress. i KNOW for a fact people bang their shins and knees on the lip getting in and out of bed. when youre having sex, that lip HAS to get in the way if ur at the edge of the bed. etc etc etc

We get it :lol: but no one cares about your theoretical sex/sleep issues with the beds. It's been discussed already.

Last edited:
i gotta get outta my PLACE...

this drive back and forth to work is killing me and my car...

how worth it is it to spend a little extra dough and live by your work?

i'm spending upwards of 2 hours a day in my car.

:x :x

$750 in living expense plus a 35minute commute on a damb toll road..... .or $1200 in living expense

but living across the street from work... in downtown... everything in walking distance...

is it worht it...

$750 in living expense plus a 35minute commute on a damb toll road..... .or $1200 in living expense

but living across the street from work... in downtown... everything in walking distance...

is it worht it...

I just did this actually. Could be up to 3 hrs driving some days, but recently moved to a spot closer to work for 1300 a month. For me it balanced out, the peace of mind I gained was worth it. I used to be so mentally drained from the drive and traffic.

You're trying too hard.

Something tells me a low bed is the least of your issues with sex but I can see why you'd have trouble getting out of them though.

Back on topic though.

Hotel but damb :wow:

Last edited:
I just did this actually. Could be up to 3 hrs driving some days, but recently moved to a spot closer to work for 1300 a month. For me it balanced out, the peace of mind I gained was worth it. I used to be so mentally drained from the drive and traffic.
noted brah...

I think i'm gonna do it.... b/c this stuff is killing me man...

i get home and i'm like eff THIS...

fap and sleep. haha

is it worht it...

I would think its worth it .. being downtown and closer to everything sounds like its worth the money.. youll save $$ over time in terms of driving and just the hassle of it..

this is amazing :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:

good lord!!

YO! This joint is basically an a tree house in Finland :lol: :pimp:

Spacious, luxurious and utterly unique, the Eagles View Suite at Iso Syote Hotel is a spectacular two-floor accommodation built around a growing tree. The outstanding design along with the topnotch amenities and stunning glass roof and walls that afford million dollar views of summer’s midnight sun and winter’s Northern Lights, make this space an exclusive, year-round oasis. However, Finland’s best ski boutique hotel in 2013 has much more to offer, including delightful traditional cottages, top-quality cuisine and an unparalleled choice of winter activities.

If you could afford it.. I'd move closer. I'd hate to have a long commute, just thinking of all those extra hours you're spending on the road :smh: Plus you'd be closer to everything in downtown, so that's worth it to me.

I moved close to my job for a better commute. 5 min vs 45 min - hour. Im no longer at that job and now work 15 min away. Traffic coming back is like an hour lol. Its all good becausw where I live im pretty close to everything. Wouldnt wanna move to the side of town where my current job is at :-(

Last edited:

is it worht it...
No brainer IMO. I have a deep deep deep hatred for traffic

is it worht it...
I'm in the exact same position man. The drive time to and from work is killing me. I'm trying to move out but my own spot would be too expensive. I think I might have to do the roomate thing.

noted brah...

I think i'm gonna do it.... b/c this stuff is killing me man...

i get home and i'm like eff THIS...

fap and sleep. haha

in the same position as you guys. i'm commuting 2.5-3 hours out of the day. on top of that, i'm trying to hustle and take online classes + take my CPA exam + stay in shape. there's not enough time in the day for all this :smh:

here's an excerpt from an article about happiness that was posted on my FB feed a while back

3. Move closer to work – a short commute is worth more than a big house
Our commute to the office can have a surprisingly powerful impact on our happiness. The fact that we tend to do this twice a day, five days a week, makes it unsurprising that its effect would build up over time and make us less and less happy.

According to The Art of Manliness, having a long commute is something we often fail to realize will affect us so dramatically:

… while many voluntary conditions don’t affect our happiness in the long term because we acclimate to them, people never get accustomed to their daily slog to work because sometimes the traffic is awful and sometimes it’s not. Or as Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert put it, “Driving in traffic is a different kind of hell every day.”

We tend to try to compensate for this by having a bigger house or a better job, but these compensations just don’t work:

Two Swiss economists who studied the effect of commuting on happiness found that such factors could not make up for the misery created by a long commute.

Back
Top Bottom