AUTO INSURANCE experts needed! someone help...

Ok so here's the deal. My fam got 2 cars - a minivan and my old 91 Buick. Parents have liability through AAA on both of them. I, myself have never hadinsurance under my name (everytime I'm pulled over I show my parent's registration and insurance and never had a problem). I just copped a Lexus GS400and need full coverage on it. My plan would be to do a title transfer to my mom's name and tell my parents to get liability on the Lexus and add me on theBuick fully covered. How would this work if my parents have only liability on the Buick, but I need full coverage for when I drive the Lexus? Any suggestionsas to how you guys would go about this situation? Thanks...

the title doesn't matter who it belongs to just have your parents register it under their name as full coverage and add you as a 2ndary driver on the buickso you are still under the insurance. but if you crash the lexus then you will be screwed since you are technically not allowed to drive it.

i would try to put me as a 2ndary driver on the lexus but that might cost more but that would be the safest way i believe.

Originally Posted by SBdunkPREMIUM

if i get full coverage under the buick, aren't i fully insured in any car i drive?

Nope, only on the car you added full coverage on. Also, it doesnt make sense for them to add you as a driver. Insurance covers anyone who drives the car. For example, if I let me friend take me car to make a soda run and he gets into an accident, im still covered. BUT if you only have liability on that Lexus,you'll be stuck with the repair bill for your car. Meaning,
Spoiler [+]
ky-jelly-4.jpg
. Just tell your parents to fully cover the Lexus, and drive it like you've been driving the other cars. Easiest way.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Just tell your parents to fully cover the Lexus, and drive it like you've been driving the other cars. Easiest way.

do that. ive been doing the same thing with my truck.

if i get full coverage under the buick, aren't i fully insured in any car i drive?

Nope, only on the car you added full coverage on. Also, it doesnt make sense for them to add you as a driver. Insurance covers anyone who drives the car. For example, if I let me friend take me car to make a soda run and he gets into an accident, im still covered. BUT if you only have liability on that Lexus, you'll be stuck with the repair bill for your car. Meaning,
Spoiler [+]
ky-jelly-4.jpg
. Just tell your parents to fully cover the Lexus, and drive it like you've been driving the other cars. Easiest way.
say my parents get full coverage on the Lexus and I get into an accident (knock on wood), would everything be cool even though I have NO insurancein my name?

Nope, only on the car you added full coverage on. Also, it doesnt make sense for them to add you as a driver. Insurance covers anyone who drives the car. For example, if I let me friend take me car to make a soda run and he gets into an accident, im still covered. BUT if you only have liability on that Lexus, you'll be stuck with the repair bill for your car. Meaning,
Spoiler [+]
ky-jelly-4.jpg
say my parents get full coverage on the Lexus and I get into an accident (knock on wood), would everything be cool even though I have NO insurance in my name?
Yeah, it doesnt matter who drives it. Even if a stranger steals it and crashes it, your covered.

Back
Top Bottom