August WDYWT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke these out for rehearsals and got a new role in this play for the fall.

99183DFE-C16E-4807-9CEF-78C27C85158C.jpeg

Still wondering how any of ya'll have the patience to keep shoes DS for longer than a week after purchase. For as long as I've been collecting, it's always been straight to feet ASAP.
Facts I almost ALWAYS wear a new shoe the next day. Even if I don’t go anywhere lol. I have a few DS that I just haven’t gotten a chance to wear. Sometimes I feel dumb because there’s shoes I could get a lot for on StockX but I wore them one time, around the house and to the store, and now they’re worth half or less.

Facts I almost ALWAYS wear a new shoe the next day. Even if I don’t go anywhere lol. I have a few DS that I just haven’t gotten a chance to wear. Sometimes I feel dumb because there’s shoes I could get a lot for on StockX but I wore them one time, around the house and to the store, and now they’re worth half or less.
this.. and having a 12-15 hr a day job that doesnt allow us to wear sneakers, value of the shoes (e.g. you buy a pair for 175 and in a few days the value is 4-10 times more then what you paid - given to me and my philosophy, they are worth what you paid for em..), having multiple pairs of the same shoe, and the time factor versus quantity of shoes.

I use to have shoes waiting in que to be worn.. To the point.. If I bought new shoes, it would be 6-12 months before theyd hit they hit the roto, since older shoes needed to be worn first to prevent them from falling apart. Given Id have 2-3 pairs arriving every couple weeks (alot of times gifted shoes). Rarely, if it was something I was hunting down or was old - Id wear that day for a few hours around the house to break em in. Some pairs would be "forgotten" , maybe Id have 2 or 3 pairs of a shoe and forgot about the extras. All the shoes I recieved was with intent to wear them..

It was a huge chore having alot of shoes, to the point I sold em off , gave em to charity, and have downsized nearly 2-3 times now. Theres a fine line of having a collection versus having a collection that owns you and your time. It was cool when I had time to invest in them.. But now with a much more modest selection - I am much happier and free to enjoy what little time I get to myself.

Plus people that know me from work will look at me funny wearing crazy or new shoes everyday, even off the clock.. Cant have my superiors precieving that I dont manage my $$$, properly. Or else Id lose credability managing my line/area of work. even off a speculation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom