Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

Originally Posted by 555fresh

Originally Posted by blackiceblaze

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Niketalk is home of the cheap skates.
Dudes on here are some of the cheapest people I've ever seen.
I am standing, applauding you right now.

CHURCH

I think these are some of the dumbest comments. 

I will definitely be the first that I'll try to negotiate or "haggle" for a better price.

I work in banking and I have some wealthy clients.  You might be surprised that some of them actually drive hondas and hybrids because they're more economical.  They don't all drive mercedes or bmw's.  And they do shop around and negotiate the best prices.  One couple drove 85 miles to get a car for $2500 below retail. 

So call it what you will, but some would say smart business.
There's a difference between haggling and LOWBALLING. I was referring to some of my past experiences on here.

Originally Posted by 555fresh

Originally Posted by blackiceblaze

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Niketalk is home of the cheap skates.
Dudes on here are some of the cheapest people I've ever seen.
I am standing, applauding you right now.

CHURCH

I think these are some of the dumbest comments. 

I will definitely be the first that I'll try to negotiate or "haggle" for a better price.

I work in banking and I have some wealthy clients.  You might be surprised that some of them actually drive hondas and hybrids because they're more economical.  They don't all drive mercedes or bmw's.  And they do shop around and negotiate the best prices.  One couple drove 85 miles to get a car for $2500 below retail. 

So call it what you will, but some would say smart business.
There's a difference between haggling and LOWBALLING. I was referring to some of my past experiences on here.

I'd say be aware for those wanting to protest that its a completely doable situation. Footlocker can afford not to carry so many employees and provide discounts... but again they work on credit so they can RTV anything and have them end up in Nikes outlets for Nike to deal with and they dont risk losing to their bottom line.

I have to admit I dont EVER shop in FTL's because they never discount anything and yeah.. when I do choose to purchase footwear for me or my kids I want a deal. Weather I buy a car or house or some sneakers.. I want the best deal I can get.

I will never say Price is not a problem. Anyone seen the economy? lol If you have it like that more power to you but like my man up there said. Most of those who are well off dont spend money like they have it. Its why they keep it.

I'd say be aware for those wanting to protest that its a completely doable situation. Footlocker can afford not to carry so many employees and provide discounts... but again they work on credit so they can RTV anything and have them end up in Nikes outlets for Nike to deal with and they dont risk losing to their bottom line.

I have to admit I dont EVER shop in FTL's because they never discount anything and yeah.. when I do choose to purchase footwear for me or my kids I want a deal. Weather I buy a car or house or some sneakers.. I want the best deal I can get.

I will never say Price is not a problem. Anyone seen the economy? lol If you have it like that more power to you but like my man up there said. Most of those who are well off dont spend money like they have it. Its why they keep it.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Can someone explain to me why shoe cleaner is pushed so hard? lol I read why a few years back in a FTL thread and I THINK it has something to do with PURE profit but I forget cause when I read it I always crack up wondering whats the deal with shoe cleaner...

I believe the wholesale cost of a cleaner is somewhere around $1.23 to $1.68 and is sold at $5.99.  Crazy profits on cleaners socks and insoles. 

Complaining about FTL discount is like posts about quality in JB forum.  Don't like it, move on.  No need to argue for 10+ pages.

Can someone explain to me why shoe cleaner is pushed so hard? lol I read why a few years back in a FTL thread and I THINK it has something to do with PURE profit but I forget cause when I read it I always crack up wondering whats the deal with shoe cleaner...

I believe the wholesale cost of a cleaner is somewhere around $1.23 to $1.68 and is sold at $5.99.  Crazy profits on cleaners socks and insoles. 

Complaining about FTL discount is like posts about quality in JB forum.  Don't like it, move on.  No need to argue for 10+ pages.

YO! beatup hit it on the head (pause). Profit margin. Socks, cleaners. Chump change to buy for them; stupid return on the investment when they're sold. DF!!!

YO! beatup hit it on the head (pause). Profit margin. Socks, cleaners. Chump change to buy for them; stupid return on the investment when they're sold. DF!!!

i love shoe cleaner and 12 pack socks
smile.gif

The people who complain are probably the one that buy multiple exclusive releases every month to resell, hustle, etc whatever you want to call it. Yall abuse it too much and got caught. That's all. Greed is a sin

The people who complain are probably the one that buy multiple exclusive releases every month to resell, hustle, etc whatever you want to call it. Yall abuse it too much and got caught. That's all. Greed is a sin

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

who got caught?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

who got caught?

laugh.gif

Because it only cost the company about .40cents for a can of shoe cleaner, so that is $5.60 profit on every can! 

Because it only cost the company about .40cents for a can of shoe cleaner, so that is $5.60 profit on every can! 

And also, this is also partly caused by lousy management. I personally notice right away if my employees are abusing the discount or giving out the military discount to much. I check the electronic journal daily and question each transaction, it's that simple. If managers did their job, this wouldn't be happening.

And also, this is also partly caused by lousy management. I personally notice right away if my employees are abusing the discount or giving out the military discount to much. I check the electronic journal daily and question each transaction, it's that simple. If managers did their job, this wouldn't be happening.

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Just push a second pair of shoes...that's 50% profit. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Just push a second pair of shoes...that's 50% profit. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by Flight8403

One day you will look back and realize how immature and childish it looks to even think about protesting the employee discount on shoes.
How ever will you live without being able to buy 3 foamposites in a month? Is there anything I can do to ease the pain? Like someone mentioned earlier don't complain about $7 something an hour if $500/mo on shoes is too little. 

Word, wait until they get a real job in corporate America and get to witness the things that go on. You better get used to change.

No reason to protest, you have no advantage. You're easily replaceable. Mall job, discount on kicks, college kids and 10% unemployment? You can't replace Lebron or Peyton Manning, who bring in billions, and they might be locked out. What do you think will happen? They'll have have five applicants for your spot as soon as your protest is announced.

that's what happens all the time with footlocker, footaction and other retail stores.  employees get all gassed up and start feeling themselves thinkin they can't be replaced and forget that the job requires no real skills  or type of education which means pretty much anyone can do the same thing your doing.

it is what it is though,  there will be ways to still get what i want, and my connects will still come through for me so at the end of the day this doesn't bother me one bit at all.

Back
Top Bottom