AT&T Scales Back Throttling of Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans

I think the $35 is JUST for data though. You're still paying extra for talk and text which adds up. The $100 is for all of it. I could be wrong tho

I remember a couple years back when wifey had to get a new plan, carrier, phone number, etc and they didn't have any unlimited plans anymore. She was trying to convince me that if I drop my grandfathered unlimited data plan to do a family share plan it would save us a few bucks and she'd be able to get more data per month. I looked at her like "who did I marry?" The fact that she asked me to give that up was like she failed the door-test that day.

I think the $35 is JUST for data though. You're still paying extra for talk and text which adds up. The $100 is for all of it. I could be wrong tho

I remember a couple years back when wifey had to get a new plan, carrier, phone number, etc and they didn't have any unlimited plans anymore. She was trying to convince me that if I drop my grandfathered unlimited data plan to do a family share plan it would save us a few bucks and she'd be able to get more data per month. I looked at her like "who did I marry?" The fact that she asked me to give that up was like she failed the door-test that day.
Re-reading it
I think ur right $100 might be for everything
I wouldn't do the deal though
Uverse I hear sucks

Anyone know if the "new" unlimited plan includes tethering? I'm still on the grandfathered Att unlimited plan, but with my FAN discount it's only about $10 or so cheaper than this new one, so having tethering would be worth the switch.

Anyone know if the "new" unlimited plan includes tethering? I'm still on the grandfathered Att unlimited plan, but with my FAN discount it's only about $10 or so cheaper than this new one, so having tethering would be worth the switch.

I believe it does cover tethering. I'll find out once I call in and make the change to my plan

If this covers tethering, text, and talk I might make the switch from the old unlimited plan to this one. I have a feeling the $100 is only for data,

I was on Droid Life recently and the story was updated as it will NOT include tethering.

If this covers tethering, text, and talk I might make the switch from the old unlimited plan to this one. I have a feeling the $100 is only for data,

Just made the switch earlier today and My mobile hotspot/tethering still works..and the $100 is for unlimited talk,text, and DATA

Last edited:
Tethering is not part of the plan, but it may work for a little until the system catches on.

The plan is not bad if you already have DTV or Uverse.

$60 - for the unlimited data bucket
$40 - for each smartphone line of service
$40 - for tablet with unlimited data

If you have 4 smartphone lines, the 4th access fee is credited so technically your paying $180 for 4 lines unlimited everything as well as calls and text to Mexico/Canada.

One last tip for my NT brothers and sisters, you don't necessarily have to have Uverse/DTV yourself. You just need to have a friend or family member who already has it and have them let you use their billing address for your ATT bill and you can have unlimited data for however long they keep DTV/Uverse.

Tethering with Nexus devices is still possible so I guess I will stick with my grandfather unlimited plan for now since the new one doesn't officially support tethering. Still nice that ATT brought it back. If I didn't have unlimited already I'd switch to this plan immediately.

Tethering with Nexus devices is still possible so I guess I will stick with my grandfather unlimited plan for now since the new one doesn't officially support tethering. Still nice that ATT brought it back. If I didn't have unlimited already I'd switch to this plan immediately.

If i didnt have tmobile already i would jump on this and use my moms address since she has direct tv, but i have two lines unlimited everything for 100.

What do you mean still works? Tethering isn't apart of the grandfathered plans.

I meant for the people who don't already have the unlimited data plan and switch, not for grandfathered plans. Not like I use the tethering feature often but it's nice to have on occasion

Last edited:
I meant for the people who don't already have the unlimited data plan and switch, not for grandfathered plans. Not like I use the tethering feature often but it's nice to have on occasion
Hmm, dude above said that the tethering will phase out as they check the system. I guess enjoy it while you can.

With the right phones, or a jailbroken iphone, you can tether on ATT regardless of plan.

Tethering is extremely clutch but ONLY recommended if you have unlimited data.

AT&T is still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other service providers

Back
Top Bottom