AT&T phone upgrade help/opinions Vol. iPhone 5 pushed back to the Fall

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

It is just rumors. Apple will most likely release an iPhone over the summer because they want money. We hear these rumors every year that the iPhone may not come out, and eventually it does. 

if this was true, the white iphone 4 would be out already

It is just rumors. Apple will most likely release an iPhone over the summer because they want money. We hear these rumors every year that the iPhone may not come out, and eventually it does. 

if this was true, the white iphone 4 would be out already

God this is a hard choice. Patience is so hard when all your boys have the iP4 and the screen looks so crispy when you ask to use it 
laugh.gif

iPhone's resell value is pretty promising, though...

God this is a hard choice. Patience is so hard when all your boys have the iP4 and the screen looks so crispy when you ask to use it 
laugh.gif

iPhone's resell value is pretty promising, though...

I hope it's not true. I'm eligible in may and my refurb 3G is getting beat up lol. Eligibility isn't the same for everyone. Has to do w type of plan n probably history etc.

I hope it's not true. I'm eligible in may and my refurb 3G is getting beat up lol. Eligibility isn't the same for everyone. Has to do w type of plan n probably history etc.

People who are worrying about having an update by iPhone 5 shouldnt worry too much last year AT&T let people upgrade up to 6 months early for the iPhone.

People who are worrying about having an update by iPhone 5 shouldnt worry too much last year AT&T let people upgrade up to 6 months early for the iPhone.

Originally Posted by So Slickening

I don't know
ohwell.gif
, 'cause I've scanned some articles on Google saying that they're focusing on software, not hardware this summer. They're trying to promote iOS 5 and Lion 10.7, meaning the actual hardware that will debut with those OS's won't come out til a few months later, i.e. September-November. I've also read about a "Back to School" theme that they're trying to do. Of course this is all speculation, but if it's true that software will be the focus at the summer convention thing, then the iPhone 5 won't come out til the summer ends.

Again, I could be totally wrong. This is just what I'm understanding.

Edit:

Does anyone know if they did this last year? Saying they wouldn't but actually doing it? The dude with the info straight from an Apple dude's mouth said that they're focusing on software at the convention, not hardware like previous years... so that's fact. That would effect the release dates of the new hardware, right?
Last year was different. the iPhone 4 leaked pictures months before it came out.

I don't know
ohwell.gif
, 'cause I've scanned some articles on Google saying that they're focusing on software, not hardware this summer. They're trying to promote iOS 5 and Lion 10.7, meaning the actual hardware that will debut with those OS's won't come out til a few months later, i.e. September-November. I've also read about a "Back to School" theme that they're trying to do. Of course this is all speculation, but if it's true that software will be the focus at the summer convention thing, then the iPhone 5 won't come out til the summer ends.

Edit:

Does anyone know if they did this last year? Saying they wouldn't but actually doing it? The dude with the info straight from an Apple dude's mouth said that they're focusing on software at the convention, not hardware like previous years... so that's fact. That would effect the release dates of the new hardware, right?
Last year was different. the iPhone 4 leaked pictures months before it came out.

I don't know
ohwell.gif

Edit:

trust me.
they publish the same "delay rumors" every damn year. 
the day before OP's article was posted, there was a rumor that iOS5 itself was going to be delayed.. 
laugh.gif
 now theyre saying its going to be the other way around? come one. 

I don't know
ohwell.gif

Edit:

trust me.
they publish the same "delay rumors" every damn year. 
the day before OP's article was posted, there was a rumor that iOS5 itself was going to be delayed.. 
laugh.gif
 now theyre saying its going to be the other way around? come one. 

I'm sort of in your boat OP.

I have a 3GS jailbroken but its in good shape and i love it. I really have no reason to get a new phone (having just bought my ipad kind of helps that though lol). But really if iphone 5 is LTE ready...i might think about it. But if not....then maybe i will scoop up an iphone 4 for cheap when 5 comes out.

But for now i am super excited for ios5 for my ipad. I use my phone less and less now a days.

I'm sort of in your boat OP.

I have a 3GS jailbroken but its in good shape and i love it. I really have no reason to get a new phone (having just bought my ipad kind of helps that though lol). But really if iphone 5 is LTE ready...i might think about it. But if not....then maybe i will scoop up an iphone 4 for cheap when 5 comes out.

But for now i am super excited for ios5 for my ipad. I use my phone less and less now a days.

Back
Top Bottom