Can someone school me on it also? Heard the V tech killer came from that site
nerd.gif

any1 have that pic

of all those killers on 4chan

and they said do it ********

and it actually happened

and som1 posted like gps coordinates to dead bodies
nerd.gif

That's the worst place in the world. One of the problems I have with the Internet is that it gives losers like that power.

lol theres more pictures of dudes

sayin imma go shoot up _____

then they egg him on sayin do it ______

and hours later its on the news

but i cant post those pictures
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

UPDATED 2: A mere 5 hours after the problems were first reported on Reddit, sources on /b/ say that members of Anonymous has already started planning retaliation towards AT&T - amongst other things posting personal information about AT&T executives. One might quietly wonder if the AT&T megacorp. knows what's it up against - with 4chan often being referred to as "The Internet Hate Machine".

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just posted on status.4chan.org

Monday, July 27, 2009

Here's what happened:

For the past three weeks, 4chan has been under a constant DDoS attack. We were able to filter this specific type of attack in a fashion that was more or less transparent to the end user.

Unfortunately, as an unintended consequence of the method used, some Internet users received errant traffic from one of our network switches. A handful happened to be AT&T customers.

In response, AT&T filtered all traffic to and from our img.4chan.org IPs (which serve / b / & / r9k /) for their entire network, instead of only the affected customers. AT&T did not contact us prior to implementing the block. Here is their statement regarding the matter .

In the end, this wasn't a sinister act of censorship, but rather a bit of a mistake and a poorly executed, disproportionate response on AT&T's part. Whoever pulled the trigger on blackholing the site probably didn't anticipate [nor intend] the consequences of doing so.

We're glad to see this short-lived debacle has prompted renewed interest and debate over net neutrality and internet censorship-two very important issues that don't get nearly enough attention-so perhaps this was all just a blessing in disguise.

Aside from that, I'll also add that there is some big news due later this week. Keep an eye on the News page, Twitter , and global message for updates.

As always, I can be reached at [email protected] .

---

PS: If any companies would like to hook us up with some better hardware, feel free! The architecture we've got powering this large and influential beast is really quite embarrassing. ( ._.)

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

even if you are against the stuff that goes on at that site, you should look at the bigger picture. early stages against net neutrality.

Wow.. This is big... So AT&T can spy on us, and now, limit what we can see online? People need to get mad, stand up and do something. This is insane.

Originally Posted by knightngale

I remember when AHH was on maintenance for like a year in 2007. Now that it is back online it is like a ghost town
laugh.gif

man i used to post on AHH like hell before the shutdown...everybody was on that site....site aint been the same since though
smh.gif

Can someone please let me know whats going on in that pic above....someone offered up the location of a body before it was found???

according to the pic someone posted the location of the body and then about an hour or so later the body was found in the said location.

Back
Top Bottom