Aston Martin Rapide S - Most Beautiful Sedan Ever Made?

Yea the front on the older version is much nicer than the front that's on the final model.

The new front makes it look much taller too, like it's a CUV of sorts. I still like it though, not sure if I would take any other sedan if money was no object.

Beautiful, but I'm not going to lie, the previous generation had a more proportioned grill. I think that design was better, this reminds me a little bit of an Audi.

most beautiful? nah, not even close. Theres a couple astons that look better

MOST BEAUTIFUL SEDAN EVER MADE?

There are no other sedans in the AM line-up.

plus it looks like this car :lol:

View media item 231488

Only the front looks similar and the new front actually looks almost nothing like the Fusion anymore because it is just one, wide open grill.

Plus AM obviously had the design decades before Ford even thought about hiring/using a former AM designer for their cars.

aston martin's fronts look like kids' mouths smiling with orange skins

i don't really understand why all these car makers are doing this. why do the front of all the cars just have a completely perpendicular line to the ground. it's like the car ran into a wall or someone took a saw and just cut off the nose of the car. mercedes and bmw are doing it too, but i think the car would look so much more sleeker if it was slanted at the end instead of just an abrupt stop.

i don't really understand why all these car makers are doing this. why do the front of all the cars just have a completely perpendicular line to the ground. it's like the car ran into a wall or someone took a saw and just cut off the nose of the car. mercedes and bmw are doing it too, but i think the car would look so much more sleeker if it was slanted at the end instead of just an abrupt stop.

Aston has been doing it since the late 50's with the DB4 iirc and it has been an AM signature ever since.

Last edited:
I really dislike the trend of sedans having hatchbacks. I like a 4 door with a strong trunk line. The Rapide, Panamera, A7 all suffer from this design element that I think makes the vehicle look rather soft. would much prefer something like an RS6 (if they produced a sedan version) over this.

I really dislike the trend of sedans having hatchbacks. I like a 4 door with a strong trunk line. The Rapide, Panamera, A7 all suffer from this design element that I think makes the vehicle look rather soft. would much prefer something like an RS6 (if they produced a sedan version) over this.

It's the "4-door coupe" design, pretty much adding 2 doors to coupes w/o making it overly long or obvious and I think it can be done right. I think the Rapide and 6GC does it well while the Panamera and A7/S7 doesn't, personal opinion of course. CLS is kind of in between for me, sometime I like it, sometimes I hate it.

I think it's lame as hell Aston allowed the signature grill on the Ford Fusion

It hurts the brand a lot imo 

It's the "4-door coupe" design, pretty much adding 2 doors to coupes w/o making it overly long or obvious and I think it can be done right. I think the Rapide and 6GC does it well while the Panamera and A7/S7 doesn't, personal opinion of course. CLS is kind of in between for me, sometime I like it, sometimes I hate it.

i'm familiar with the concept of the 4 door coupe but the definition is a pretty loose one. I think the 6 Gran Coupe looks nice cause it has a well defined trunk and even the first gen CLS looks good to me because the rear window does not plunge directly into the rear bumper but rather into the trunk which approaches the bumper at a different angle. All those other vehicles have hatchback for trunk access and when i see a 4 door car with a hatchback to me its a wagon. I cant get behind a porsche or Aston Martin wagon. I really wish it were a segment that would die out. I'm afraid those design will trickle down into other lines.

Nah, to me as long as the design and overall shape is nice, the rear opening like a hatch doesn't bother me.
A 3-door is considered a hatchback but wouldn't categorize a Cayman a hatchback.

If AM could have done something to stop it, I am pretty sure they would have done it already.

Ford owned Aston Martin for over a decade and any designs Aston made in that time frame Ford owns. Almost every new Ford shares that grille now. Fiesta, C-Max, Focus, and Escape all have a similar grille/air dam.

I'll stick with the Jag XF...its too similar.

Last edited:
looks like a jaguar, then again jags is just poor man's astons...but they been doing da 4 door thing for a while.

Back
Top Bottom