Asics Love?!? Where is it?

everything about them is off.

from the shape to the badly stitched tiger stripes and the spacing of the logo on the heel.

Not even close to legit.

I've examined mine in amazement for the last few years. Everything off on these. Stay away. Stitching along the 3m hit on heel a dead giveaway.

Last edited:
Simple

Didn't realize NT had an ASICS thread. Quick question: are the Gel Lyte Vs TTS? I'm usually a sz 12 in Nikes (feet are a bit wide). Really feeling the Okayama Denim pair. Hopefully I cam still find them in my size.

Last edited:
Didn't realize NT had an ASICS thread. Quick question: are the Gel Lyte Vs TTS? I'm usually a sz 12 in Nikes (feet are a bit wide). Really feeling the Okayama Denim pair. Hopefully I cam still find them in my size.

I wear half size up on GLVs.

I go TTS on my GL3's and GLV's. Do you wear a 12 in air maxes?

I go TTS on my GL3's and GLV's. Do you wear a 12 in air maxes?

I wear a size 12 in Air Max 90s and Air Force 1s. Another thing... a UK 11 is a US 12 for asics, right? Almost pulled the trigger on UK 11.5 GLVs. I'm thinking that might be to large for me. But then again, I'm a UK 11.5/US12 in Ultra Boosts (which are initially a bit tight), but am a UK11 with adidas Superstar DLXs. This is confusing :lol:

Last edited:
So do the GLVs fit the same as the GL IIIs?
You're going to get all kinds of different answers....

I personally wear TTS in GLV and .5 size up in GL3 (the tongue splits open in my TTS and length isn't really an issue).

I ended up going to my local FootLocker and just trying some on to see what fit best.

I wear a size 12 in Air Max 90s and Air Force 1s. Another thing... a UK 11 is a US 12 for asics, right? Almost pulled the trigger on UK 11.5 GLVs. I'm thinking that might be to large for me. But then again, I'm a UK 11.5/US12 in Ultra Boosts (which are initially a bit tight), but am a UK11 with adidas Superstar DLXs. This is confusing
laugh.gif
I'd go by the US sizing as some brands have different ways of converting other sizes so I wouldn't use that as a guide.  AF1's fit big though...  surprised you don't size down in those but if you can fit a 12 in AM90's, you should fit 12 in GLV unless you feel the need to size up

I'd go by the US sizing as some brands have different ways of converting other sizes so I wouldn't use that as a guide.  AF1's fit big though...  surprised you don't size down in those but if you can fit a 12 in AM90's, you should fit 12 in GLV unless you feel the need to size up

My feet are a bit wide, and from what I've read GLVs run a bit tight. I've read that some people go up half a size in these. :nerd:

My feet are a bit wide, and from what I've read GLVs run a bit tight. I've read that some people go up half a size in these.
nerd.gif
You might find the tongue/liner tight but it slips on like a sock.  If you get a bigger size, I find it just makes it longer.  I wear thin no shows with my runners so I usually don't need to size up.  Do you wear a 12 in ultra boost? If you're really not sure, maybe your best bet is just to try them on.  Tons of stores have GR's

Last edited:
You might find the tongue/liner tight but it slips on like a sock.  If you get a bigger size, I find it just makes it longer.  I wear thin no shows with my runners so I usually don't need to size up.  Do you wear a 12 in ultra boost? If you're really not sure, maybe your best bet is just to try them on.  Tons of stores have GR's

Yes, and as I've mentioned, they were initially tight but they feel bearable now. Going to try with TTS. Thanks. :nthat:

Last edited:
Any word on a stateside release of those black Okayama Denim GL3's? Need to figure out if i need to bite the bullet and order from across the pond.

Anyone who purchased them, did the sizing seem different? Since they don't have a US12, trying to figure out if i should buy a 11.5 or 12.5.

Man we need an Asics sizing thread. Half of this thread is sizing discussion.
there wouldn't be much else to discuss otherwise, but if people used the search function we'd get way fewer sizing questions.
Kinda agree, I'm new to asics. My monkey time glv were 41.5, fits me well. My Mita beams souvenir was 42.5 yet I couldn't even wear it.
also to make things a little more complicated, i heard the sandlayers fit bigger than regular GLVs, while the Souvenirs fit a lot smaller than regular GL3s.

so you got 2 extremes there.

i want to add that asics sizing can be inconsistent.. more so than other brands.  i've had a few pairs come and go bc of that

Back
Top Bottom