Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Some dude - judging by his pics, he works at Kith- just called some dude out on IG for criticizing RF. His comment was QUOTE " Ronnie singlehandedly . brought Asics to the forefront. Every project has been special in its own way. "

If anyone wants to waste their time looking at the comments on IG of the pic above, the dudes username is like jaimepage or something.. Not sure if Kith brainwashes their employees.

Last edited:
He's just standing up for his mate nothing wrong, but they do have to realize its nothing singlehandedly. People were camping for gl3 in Europe at the same time RF was releasing his first stuff. He definitely has escalated it's popularity past any other person, but that's due to the speed at which he spits out collaborations. It's just hilarious to look at all the IG comments. People are beyond stupid on there when he posts a pic. I completely agree with that guy however, his game changer projects have certainly been slacking lately.

it was the grey ARC's that brought attention to asics first...

those were the ones that caught my eye back in 2008, those were the ones i was like "damn, i have to have those"...

those were the first ones to get blog love everywhere, and bring asics into the hype machine...

RF has played a big roll since, but there were collabs b4 his, and during his climb, that also helped put asics in the lime light, especially over in europe and other parts of the world.

as far as the high risks go, give me all suede, a light grey toe box, and infrared instead of plain red, and those would be one of my fav colorways.

the leather looks cheap tho, doesn't contrast well with the suede (the colors seem off in some pix), the red doesn't go with the purple that well, infrared woulda worked much better, and the light grey toe box woulda been a nice touch.

those knicks are a maybe if i can get 'em at retail, nothing i'd pay sandusky prices for tho...

i'm glad all of the asics i've seen releasing this year that i want aren't RF's... hopefully means i can cop at retail and not spend so much money, haha!

What other Asics have you got this year Proto, that aren't RF? 

And I like the leather just because it's a good change. Every GT-2 he has done has been all suede. It's great but it's good to throw something different in there. And I think they look way better in person than in pictures. I glad a bought mine. 

Some dude - judging by his pics, he works at Kith- just called some dude out on IG for criticizing RF. His comment was QUOTE " Ronnie singlehandedly . brought Asics to the forefront. Every project has been special in its own way. "

If anyone wants to waste their time looking at the comments on IG of the pic above, the dudes username is like jaimepage or something.. Not sure if Kith brainwashes their employees.

Don't mess with Jamie bro, he's my hookup :D. I'm sure if you were in his position you also would glorified the guy. Before RF started doing his thing you could walk into a Foot locker and grab a pair of GR GLIII for $40 in the clerance rack and now even GR are getting sold out here in the US. So dont try to block the sun with your hand, and give the guy his credit. I'm guessing you dont live in NYC, right?

Last edited:
What other Asics have you got this year Proto, that aren't RF? 

i'm talking about this year, i'm definitely copping the navy-orange GL3's, grey-navy-red GL3's, the mint saga's, the mint cool's, the camo GL3's, the grape GLV's, and i like these 2 towards the bottom right (the knicks colorway, and the blue-orange GTII above it):

the only RF that i'm into lately (enough to pay resell if i had to) is the haiti joints...

i like the high risks a lil' bit, but i wouldn't pay thru the nose for them.

even last year, i mostly just filled in gaps in my collection like slam jam 1's, solebox (branded), some europe GR's, etc... not sure i bought any RF's last year, except the old super blues...

i do kinda want denims, eclipse's, and i still need rose gold's and aqua navy's... and i'm willing to trade my extra pair of nice kicks 2.0's for those, but to be honest, the prices over $500 is making me pass when i have opportunities...

Last edited:
anyone think he might do a kithstrike tonight since he posted that new pic? idk i feel something strange in the air haha 

^^thought the same thing. Turned on mobile notifications earlier. checked after the knicks won as well.

Don't mess with Jamie bro, he's my hookup :D. I'm sure if you were in his position you also would glorified the guy. Before RF started doing his thing you could walk into a Foot locker and grab a pair of GR GLIII for $40 in the clerance rack and now even GR are getting sold out here in the US. So dont try to block the sun with your hand, and give the guy his credit. I'm guessing you dont live in NYC, right?

haha! I don't live there, but I go there enough during the year.

you'd be fine going half size up on gl3's, but with sagas, they're pretty much TTS.  i bought the neptunes TTS and they were actually a little roomy, but not enough to go half size down

Sup everybody - where the links for some decent priced Neptunes size 9 or 8.5?  I need these.

i cant afford ebay resell prices and its literally the only place i can find these shoes....

i dont understand the hype, i just think there are a few nice colorways. oh well. i gotta stop coming in this thread cause i obviously do not belong.
laugh.gif

^ That's what I'm saying. People are mad he took pictures and put it on his blog but what did you want him to do? Do something for charity then not tell anybody about it then have the haters saying, "Ronnie Fieg never does anything for charities. What an *******!" 

He did something which is more than a lot of people do.
partly agree... better do something then nothing... 

But well, there are a lot of famous people donating stuff and doing charity without promoting at all. Not a  problem, you can't blame someone for not doing charity. Everyone's own choice. But if your intention is to help these people as good as possible even with something small, take 5 minutes to think about what is the most effective and sustainable way to do so. Definitely worthwile. Otherwise it seems to me that your PR-Agent just told you to do something for the news... 

Anyway, at least he does something, fair enough. 

Back
Top Bottom