Asian NikeTalk Dudes: Question re: Rice

How the hell do I make rice the way they do @ the Asian Carry-outs?

I want it sticky (
tired.gif
grow up).

Man you know what I am asking; do I need a Rice Steamer? Would that do the trick?

Let me know
pimp.gif

Thanks in advance
pimp.gif

i unno but there is certain way to cook rice where it sticks my ex gf used to do it all the time. i think jasmine rice sticks.

i'm not a 'dude' but a rice cooker does help or you can just use a regular pot + lid...make sure u buy good rice though. Whether or not it issticky depends on how much water u put in it

Asians aren't the only ones that know how to make rice, even the type you're talking about bro.
grin.gif

Try a rice cooker though.

They use long grain rice most of the time at Chinese take out places and most places other than Japanese places. You just need to find some short grain riceand you got that stickyness.

try using a 3:2 ratio of water to rice, or a 3.5:2 ratio. so 3 1/2 bowls/cups/ w/e of water, and do 2 bowls/cups of rice

im not asian, but africans cook rice too so i have some experieence

More water.

and the earlier you take it out after it's done cooking, the more stickier it is also.

not asian but i got a mean rice game. it depends on the type (white/brown), the level of heat/moisture when cooking and most importantly the amount of water.more water means more sticky but dont over do it or it'll get all soft and soggy. just get a damn rice cooker!

go to a korean supermarket. the korean rice is a little more expensive but better quality than other types and it's the "sticky" type ur lookingfor. buy a cheap rice cooker, it'll tell you how much cup of rice and how much water to add. push start and bam, you get ur "sticky" rice.

or if u wanna go the easy way, go to korean supermarket again. they sell microwavable rice. obviously a little different from fresh cooked rice but pretty muchon point and more convinient.

Back
Top Bottom