As we come up on the 5 month release of this album...where does it stand with you?

Stale, the album meshes together. Everything starts to sound the same after awhile

Originally Posted by psk2310

I liked him when he first dropped tracks here& there but then all his songs started sounding the same to me. His debut sounded like one large commercial for bud light, chrysler, or burger king...I hope Jay doesn't ruin Krit's & Jay Elec's debut like this (even though both are much better artists)....
Don't kid yourself, Jay Elec will not drop an actual album. Dude can barely put a mixtape together
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

It was a solid effort, though probably lowered cause of the massive hype people put it through. People (even Cole himself)
were crowning it as the next Illmatic, but when it came out, it was just a pretty good album. "Nobody's Perfect" is the only
song I've been playing since it came out though.

When he say that?

Well he said he was dropping a classic, I just used Illmatic as an example. But I'm sure you could flip way back in
the J. Cole thread and see people actually call it the next Illmatic.

I liked the album. but was not overly impressed.

I think FNL is damn near a classic.

Nobody's Perfect my favorite.

solid 3.5-4 outta 5.

Originally Posted by BartVader

I felt like it was a solid first effort, definitely wasn't disappointed. However, I feel like FNL, a mixtape, was better

Solid album, probably one of the better debut albums from this newer crop of MCs (at least the ones who can get a release date)

I stopped playing it for awhile and started up again bout a week ago. Not amazing but I enjoy if. I never got into FNL. It was way too long for me to sit and listen to all those tracks.

Originally Posted by psk2310

I liked him when he first dropped tracks here& there but then all his songs started sounding the same to me. His debut sounded like one large commercial for bud light, chrysler, or burger king...I hope Jay doesn't ruin Krit's & Jay Elec's debut like this (even though both are much better artists)....

Pardon what does Jay have to do wit Krit's debut????

But I listened for like 3 months straight and haven't listened completely in a while. Like it a lot.

dope album...better than alot of ppl in his class debuts and well executed.

Coulda been better buts its the perfect set up for him to have even more freedom on his sophomore effort, seeing he was able to sell more records than his peers and not go completely out of his element or doing mad collaborations.

I feel like the album was his best collection of songs he put out personally. More entertaining and better produced than all three mixtapes for as retail goes.

I guess there is just some difference of opinion out there... I thought this was extremely stale.

Very mediocre.

Dudes are really saying this was one of the best releases in years though?

I'm just not moved by anything he does if ever.

His best songs? I mean... come on. I felt it was snore inducing. It tries so hard to be something...and ends up not being much of anything. Its like fake-emotion...fake-hype... its just seemed contrived.

I don't know how to put it. I just know when i read the Big Ghostface review I agreed with every word.

I really didn't see what the big deal was.

we know dawg. we know.

you still on this tho...which is amazing and still OD weird as it was 6, 7, 8, 12 months ago...

his music is not for you man...quit tryin to be a fan. i swear its ok.

listened to it once, haven't replayed it since

if i want to listen to some j cole i'll play the warm or the come up over this

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

listened to it once, haven't replayed it since

if i want to listen to some j cole i'll play the warm or the come up over this

This. Except I never have any urge to play a J.Cole song.

Back
Top Bottom