AS OG collectors do we want?

I'm not an OG Collector but I wouldn't be worried about retros coming out. As we've all seen these retros of OG colorways are nowhere near to the OG's. There're always little tweakings here and there yet they become huge differences when compares to the originals. Let me give you a recent example: The VIII Playoff, although it almost looks identical to the OG...we can still distinguish them from the originals. That red tab and the insole both make a huge difference! Then owning a pair of OG's will always set you a part from the hundreds of people that are wearing that "OG Retro."

Now will the value of the OGs go down? Most likely it will. We can take a look at the recent retro Vs (Black/Silver). Since these shoes came out, I've seen many Black/Silver OG's go for $170-200, now keep in mind that these shoes were up in the $250-300s. If monetary value is your major concern...then I'd suggest selling it to someone who really appreciates it because they will be the ones that are still going to pay $250s.

I would buy retros all day over OG's, I would rather be able to wear a pair then just look at it espeacially for double or more the price.

I No longer want the retro's reason being because the quality is just not there anymore, the fit, the materials, comfort is all lacking, once this whole "sneaker culture" blew up that was the end of quality retro's. Now, if Nike/Jordanbrand retro'd a shoe the way they did from 94,99-02 then I would be all for it.

i buy jordans to play ball in, so all i want is for them to make retros durable enough to play ball in.

seems like the "quality" has been geared more toward the casual wearer. :smh:
smh.gif

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Don't matter to me....i collect what i like valuable or not.........
You know you just read my sig,right?!?

I would like retros done right, because you can keep your OG's DS and rock the newer retros
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

It depends on what "value" you are speaking of. If you are solely conserned with the price that your OG jordans will fetch, then your going to be chasing a graph letting public's opionion determine whether you are happy with your purchases :smh:
smh.gif
1999 Jrordan BRED IV 10,Jordan Military IV DS 10.5

What do i want?? to sum it all in a sentence, shoes that i wore as a child that i cant wear today without the risk of breaking down on me, retroed...thats basically it

Seriously, who cares. If a shoe comes out, you can just ignore it. I don't know any "true OG collector" who checks eBay everyday to see what their shoes are going for. Value? Come on now. Invest in a Master's degree or PhD. Us collectors get this stuff because we're really weird people who have a troubling obsession with shoes, not because of how much the things are worth.

Quote:
OUT OF ALL THE OG'S I HOPE THEY DONT EVER RETRO THESE...
wrong,don't retro all the xi's mid
I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be
Kobe Bryant-KOBE

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

What do i want?? to sum it all in a sentence, shoes that i wore as a child that i cant wear today without the risk of breaking down on me, retroed...thats basically it
yah. j's that i wanted to jack from my cousin .yee!

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Personally I think it's great because would I rather spend $400 on a pair of shoes that have a good chance of falling apart or $125 on a pair that I KNOW I can wear??? I guess that's just me because I WEAR my shoes not COLLECT them!!!!
You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???
co-sign. If you are a true OG collector then you shouldn't worry about value unless you are selling them. But if you were to sell them then youwouldn't be called an OG collector. You'd be called a reseller. Also, I like it when they bring back OG colors because I just need a pair to rock.

Originally Posted by jajuan41

I'm not saying I collect for money I've never sold a pair of my jordans and I probabley never will. I hust wanted a little feedback on the situation and even thou I never will sell my jordans I I still like to know that the they're worth more than a retro and that there not being over looked buy a retro

But you were worried about the value of your shoes going down.

well if no1 buys for your prices, then ppl will buy the retros for much less and its either u sell it cheap or no keep holding them

Back
Top Bottom