[| -- Artists come together for "We Are The World" 2010 for Haiti Relief (PIC) -- |]

my dude nipsey
pimp.gif

CIDMAN911 wrote:

This is just ******ed....

Why not just make an album with different songs for artists that fit their styles?

This has Epic Fail written all over it.

THIS. And it won't end well either. MJ would be rolled over in his grave to hear this.

Originally Posted by DownRtFierce

CIDMAN911 wrote:

This is just ******ed....

Why not just make an album with different songs for artists that fit their styles?

This has Epic Fail written all over it.
THIS. And it won't end well either. MJ would be rolled over in his grave to hear this.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Justin Bieber
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Kanye sighting!!!

And HOW THE @@@! DID NIPSEY HUSSLE end up on this
roll.gif
I'm a fan but c'mon
laugh.gif
my thoughts exactly! and vince vaughn lol, didn't know he could sing...

Bieber?
indifferent.gif
Trey Songz?
indifferent.gif
Fonzworth?
indifferent.gif

anddd of course, name a track Wayne does not jump on.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This #$*% is super corny for real...stop making songs and go OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING ARTISTS...thanks.

incredibly dumb...embarrassing even...can't knock them for trying to help though, it's the thought that counts I guess...

Usually I like to joke along with you, but c'mon, this song (like the original) wasn't meant to be a smash world wide hit or anything like that.
I guess a lot of you haven't seen the original
smh.gif
; I bet if we were all the same age but instead we were in the 80's you probably would have the same reaction....BUT THAT'S FOR THE FIRST TIME.

If you watch the original video no one tried to go up and over to stand out, just a bunch of celebs singing for a cause.Actors,Recording Artists (regardless of who you think makes good music),T.V. Personalities,Pro Athletes, the list goes on.

What I DO NOT appreciate is Def Jam trying to plug Justin in there for the wrong reasons; I don't think who is involved should be greenlighted based on what you or I like, but this kid's carrer barely started, this is for the household names not rookies.
I can name or recognize almost all of the faces in the original because they made a name for themselves, do you want to look at the remake in six years and ask yourself: "Yo, who was that kid?"
SMH Def Jam...

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Usually I like to joke along with you, but c'mon, this song (like the original) wasn't meant to be a smash world wide hit or anything like that.
I guess a lot of you haven't seen the original
smh.gif
; I bet if we were all the same age but instead we were in the 80's you probably would have the same reaction....BUT THAT'S FOR THE FIRST TIME.

If you watch the original video no one tried to go up and over to stand out, just a bunch of celebs singing for a cause.Actors,Recording Artists (regardless of who you think makes good music),T.V. Personalities,Pro Athletes, the list goes on.

What I DO NOT appreciate is Def Jam trying to plug Justin in there for the wrong reasons; I don't think who is involved should be greenlighted based on what you or I like, but this kid's carrer barely started, this is for the household names not rookies.
I can name or recognize almost all of the faces in the original because they made a name for themselves, do you want to look at the remake in six years and ask yourself: "Yo, who was that kid?"
SMH Def Jam...
Thats real

Originally Posted by Steve212

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Fonzworth?

Wasn't this dude an official umbrella holder for Diddy his whole life?
laugh.gif

He parlayed that in to a bad reality show, a music career, and a couple other ventures. 
laugh.gif

Don't forget his single "Since I was 9"

laugh.gif

sick.gif
It all depends on who gets the solos though. Even the OG version had a bunch of scrubs singing background but the solos showcased the greats like MJ, Stevie, Springsteen, Ray, etc. This roster is WEAK though (but I guess the state of the music game just doesn't have any truly great artists like back in the 80s). Still, replace some of these scrubs with some of the better artists of this era: Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Bono from U2, etc.

according to illseed no one wanted really wanted to do it... They prolly got whoever they could

http://www.allhiphop.com/...2010/02/02/22114478.aspx

NOBODY REALLY WANTS TO DO "WE ARE THE WORLD"

"We Are The World" came out way in the 80's. People have changed somuch since then that I know nobody really wants to do it. They justwant to do it to be cool with Quincy Jones and to honor MJ. So, whenRoger Friedman's showbiz411.com drops the bomb, I am not shocked. LadyGaga said no, even though she was begged to be in it. Jay-Z. No.Beyonce. No. Alicia Keys. No. Alicia - NO? Not even Mrs. Beatz would doit.Justin Timberlake. Jennifer Lopez. Madonna. No. No. And No. Thereare a lot that are in it though, but those that are missing says a lot.I wonder why?

grin.gif
Meh, they should of left it alone.
What they should have done was written a new song, instead of remaking.

where was this during the Sichuan Earthquake in China? Tsunami disaster? Kashmir earthquake in India/Pakistan?
If they really want it to be for humanitarian purposes don't only put Haiti as a relief area there are problems happening all over the world.

So All These So Called Song Writers Come Together and Can't Create A New Song They Destroy A Classic 

Back
Top Bottom