Are you really going make your children believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny Etc?

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Yes..it keeps their innocence..at least for a little while.

Imagination is a key concept in child growth and development..don't ruin your childs childhood. :/

couldn't have said this better. there is always an age later to explain the truth

Originally Posted by TheHavik

Yeah.
I need somebody to blame when i cant get my kids that extra expensive stuff they gon' put on their christmas lists
laugh.gif
roll.gif

but yeah, im not gonna MAKE them believe in them. if they believe in them ill let it be. im not gonna be like, "the tooth fairy? thats ##@@*% stupid"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

Nope....my kid will be the Huey Freeman of the class
The kid with no friends?

Call it what you want. My parents cut that out early...but made me appreciate them and what they did to make me happy.

Plus most of these holidays are pagan ideals that ppl follow because they are sheep to capitalism **hops off soapbox**

of course! its a part of childhood. they can find out on their own, just like everyone else.

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Originally Posted by socluis90

damn yal are grimy. i want my kid to enjoy his/her childhood the same way i did.

THIS
smile.gif

cosign

yall are gonna be some f#$%ed up parents, when your kid sees all the other kids getting presents and in the holiday spirit during christmas , and yourkid's getting nothing, your kid is gonna hate you for a while
christmas is one of the best times a kid has during his childhood

Everybody needs something like magical or whatever and #&$# to look upon.

So yea....I guess I will put up with it.

But after the age of like 7 or 8...he/she gotta be knowing it's me buying all the presents and stuff.

I wouldn't talk about preventing your children from being materialistic; you're on Niketalk. Anyway, if you told them that Santa Claus, Easter Bunny,Tooth Fair, etc. didn't exist, you'd crush so much wonder and imagination that make childhood so rich.

No. I'll only lie to my children for reasons I condone.

1st page and don't agree with a lot of one sided thinking going on in here. According to some of you parents who don't celebrate or acknowledge this!!%# (for w/e reason) are raising their children to have less of an imagination, stealing their innocence prematurely, and altogether messing them up andruining their lives. Oh and they themselves are **+#*@ up parents apparently.

smh.gif
Aint nothing wrong with letting kids know the difference between fiction and reality.

Yes..it keeps their innocence..at least for a little while.

Imagination is a key concept in child growth and development..don't ruin your childs childhood. :/

All my kids are gonna grow up with great memories and full of happiness.

Great parenting is essential, something I didnt grow up with.

NO WAY IN HELL.
mad.gif

I can't forgive myself for putting my mom threw so much stress for such a fake marketing scheme as Christmas.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

My single black mother used to go out there and try her hardest to get me and my sister what we wanted....
and our dumb-selves gave all the praise to some IMAGINARY white guy.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Can't even believe I fell for that crap...got people praising winter solstice and what not.
smh.gif
smh.gif

This whole country just fumes off of fairy-tales.
smh.gif

Don't even get me started on Easter.

Back
Top Bottom