Are you really going make your children believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny Etc?

cz7

I was thinking about this, and I realized how frickin stupid things like Santa Claus, the easter bunny, tooth fairy etc really are. These myths force parentsto lie to their children for what? They make children materialistic, and quite basically idol worshipers. None of those ideas have anything to do with any kindof respectable religion. My childhood would have been just as enjoyable and memorable without these figures, because I would have realized the real meaning ofChristmas, Easter, etc. My children will know the truth, and they will like it.

santa claus isnt real?
frown.gif

Yes..it keeps their innocence..at least for a little while.

Imagination is a key concept in child growth and development..don't ruin your childs childhood. :/

Hell no!! Give someone else credit for my hard work. Not happening

I don't think I will make them believe in something that isn't real.
Iunno its up to them. =/

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Imagination is a key concept in child growth and development..don't ruin your childs childhood. :/

:/. there are more ways to foster imagination than belief in myths ever heard of a book?

Why wouldn't you want your kids to believe? If they don't they could probably ruin it for their friends... It doesn't make kids materialistic..you'll be giving them presents anyway

No, unless my future wife makes a huge deal out of it. I've never been a fan of any of them either.

Originally Posted by Cz7

I was thinking about this, and I realized how frickin stupid things like Santa Claus, the easter bunny, tooth fairy etc really are. These myths force parents to lie to their children for what? They make children materialistic, and quite basically idol worshipers. None of those ideas have anything to do with any kind of respectable religion. My childhood would have been just as enjoyable and memorable without these figures, because I would have realized the real meaning of Christmas, Easter, etc. My children will know the truth, and they will like it.
wow...I feel sorry for your kids. But do you fam...

Yeah.
I need somebody to blame when i cant get my kids that extra expensive stuff they gon' put on their christmas lists
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cz7

:/. there are more ways to foster imagination than belief in myths ever heard of a book?
What's so different between myths and books children read? Or are your childrens going to only read non-fiction? Childrens books have alltypes of fictional tales and characters...
Just because santa claus and the easter bunny are popular ones doesn't mean they will corrupt the child.

If you're a good parent you WILL be able to draw the line and teach them values and that getting gifts isn't everything.
My parents did.

Most people are saying no but have no idea what they'll do for their kids when/if they actually have them
tired.gif

Just let it ride out. If my little man asks me if he's real, I'll play along. But if he gets too into it I'll break it to him.

My kids will have their whole lives to become cynical, and all weary of the world. Until then, my kids will just be kids. Hell, they might just make me believein all that stuff again.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

If he is with it then I guess.

but once he begins to question..... I will give answers
This.

But I'll just go with it for a while because I remember being younger and waking up wondering what Santa brought, but once I got older and figured out hewasn't real it didn't really matter
much. I wasn't really upset.

Originally Posted by babyface34

My kids will have their whole lives to become cynical, and all weary of the world. Until then, my kids will just be kids. Hell, they might just make me believe in all that stuff again.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom