Are Video Games A Waste Of Time?

If youre playing a game to beat it, ala RPG's, Last of Us, Bioshock infinite.. not a waste of time. Tantamount to watching a movie or show.

If youre playing an online sports game, fifa, 2k etc..moderate waste of time.

If youre playing minecraft, mmo's etc. ie games that go no where.  It is a huge waste of time.

Last edited:

Tell me if this is a far-fetched idea.

Me and my boy both had N64s. We used to play all of the wrestling games on 64. We had this 3rd friend that never owned a system, but he used to play N64 games with s as well. But he seemed to lack certain skills/reflexes when it came to being successful in these games. We blamed it on his never owning an NES, SNES/Genesis, or any other system. We always said he didn't have a "video game foundation" to ever become a great gamer.

Far-fetched or nah?
Of course.. similar to not being able to practice hooping unless the school gym is open.  He doesnt have a way to hone his skils

It's a hobby like any other. No different than browsing the internet or watching tv.

Talkin trash playin nba street....madden....fight night...smash...etc >>>>

Last edited:
If youre playing a game to beat it, ala RPG's, Last of Us, Bioshock infinite.. not a waste of time. Tantamount to watching a movie or show.

If youre playing an online sports game, fifa, 2k etc..moderate waste of time.

If youre playing minecraft, mmo's etc. ie games that go no where.  It is a huge waste of time.
You must suck at sports games.... their is nothing like beating a actual real person and talking ish to them afterwards

Tell me if this is a far-fetched idea.

Me and my boy both had N64s. We used to play all of the wrestling games on 64. We had this 3rd friend that never owned a system, but he used to play N64 games with s as well. But he seemed to lack certain skills/reflexes when it came to being successful in these games. We blamed it on his never owning an NES, SNES/Genesis, or any other system. We always said he didn't have a "video game foundation" to ever become a great gamer.

Far-fetched or nah?
Your friend was never able to just practice on his on time. So of course he was a bad player

the games i see now are 
eek.gif
 looking compared to when i was into it (PS2)

iono just not a fan though, friends tried to get me to play FPS and sports games but got bored me after a few minutes...always liked platform games though, favorite being Cresh Bendicoot

Last edited:
Your friend was never able to just practice on his on time. So of course he was a bad player
Man we used to let that man borrow our systems. He just didn't have it in his blood. Like Soumalia Samake trying to play basketball

You must suck at sports games.... their is nothing like beating a actual real person and talking ish to them afterwards
I'm amazing at them actually. Went to the "virtual" final four in ATL, for an old 2k sports game called Choops.  Been in numerous Madden Challege regional finals.  Still a waste of time though.

Last edited:
I just turned 30 and just got back onto gaming with Arkham Knight.

Can't front, I usually only play Madden but AK's the first game I've played in years, that I've rushed home to play after work.
I took two days off work for GTAV when it dropped.:lol:

Kinda fell off since then. I'd have a moment where I'd play a game for 10 mins and the moment I'd die or hit a brick wall I'd just turn it off.:lol:

Arkham Knight is ridiculous, though. Better experience than watching a lot of movies, to be honest.

Last edited:
Eh. I'm 26 and I love video games and that will never change. 

Last edited:
Its only a waste of time if you weight it more than it needs to be. It's all balance. If you taking care of your bills, career, family, and you still go out and get life experience--then what you do in your free time is guilt free.

Prioritize things incorrectly and it can mess you up.

Gaming is a hobby.

Most hobbies, from the outside looking in can be viewed as a "waste of time".

Finding enjoyment from an activity is hardly a waste of time.

If you get too locked down and shackled by the mundane activities of day to day life, you'll go nuts.

Whether its fishing, golfing, watching tv, weight lifting, or gaming, people need a release.

One person's release doesn't make them lesser or more of a person than the next.

"if you're older than __ and play video games, you're a loser" :x

Back
Top Bottom