Are These Jordan IV's and V's OG Unicorns or OG Customs?

Are these real pe shoes or did someone catch TRR

Screenshot_20200405-202153_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200405-202159_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200405-202155_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200405-202159_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200405-202202_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200405-202206_Chrome.jpg

Salesman samples were pretty much only made in size 9. They make wear-test samples in size 13.

Also, the lace locks on the 5s don’t look like they have branding so they could easily have come from somewhere else (like a jacket or something).

Either way, OG V lace locks didn't have branding on the colored toggle piece. That didn't start until the VI's when they ditched the clear casing. Back in the day, we used to 100% switch out the red toggle with other colors off windbreakers and stuff.

Fakes started popping up maybe late 90s. Definitely not during the og 6/7 run. They were also terrible up until like 10 years ago so if there were fakes back then they certainly wouldn’t have passed for real.

You talking fake Jordans only? Or Nike too? Phil Knight wrote about people bootlegging his Nike's as early as the 70's.

Imagine if social media was around in the early to mid 90s. Glad it didnt btw. How many of these shoes that are talked about today would be looked at as fake. The VI as ninja has talked on, the VII with the two variations. Were there fakes in the 90s ? Or are they just legits under the same situations today?
I personally never saw fakes until early 00's at flea markets etc (easily identifiable Chinese fakes). I definitely never saw fakes in the prime early 90's Jordan era.

Fakes were pretty numerous on eBay in the early-mid 2000s.. They were fairly easy to avoid if you know how to be a smart eBay shopper but ya... I don’t see anywhere near as many fakes listed on eBay these days.. They seem to be mainly the super hyped releases only too now like the TS6s, off white 1s and 5s, etc....

You talking fake Jordans only? Or Nike too? Phil Knight wrote about people bootlegging his Nike's as early as the 70's.

contemporary way of we see fakes... Phill was basically selling us Asics back then :lol:

On the fake discussion, ninjahood ninjahood isn't too far off with the Asics comment. Fakes as we know them now started popping up in the late 90's. The first ones I remember seeing were "factory variants" of the XV on the old Vintage USA auctions.

"Fakes" in the 70's, 80's, 90's were basically just other brands biting each other's design cues. I definitely remember seeing name brand pairs and going "man, look at these fake J's!" :lol:

Here are the biggest examples I can remember...
(PS, LA Gear belongs in the Fools Wildin' thread for these...)

Screenshot_20200407-102015.png
Screenshot_20200407-101912.png
Screenshot_20200407-101819.png
Screenshot_20200407-101839.png

"Fakes" in the 70's, 80's, 90's were basically just other brands biting each other's design cues. I definitely remember seeing name brand pairs and going "man, look at these fake J's!" :lol:

Sounds like you haven't read Shoe Dog by Phil Knight? Factories were legit replicating early Nikes in the 1970's with the attempt to pass them off as legit. I'm not crazy here. :lol:

Sounds like you haven't read Shoe Dog by Phil Knight? Factories were legit replicating early Nikes in the 1970's with the attempt to pass them off as legit. I'm not crazy here. :lol:

I haven't, but I also didn't say that. Fake Jordans as we know them today weren't as widespread til the late 90's, early 2k's. I think most of us know the legend of the black/gold patent 1's. When the Jordan boom first hit in the 80's, those pics I posted are what folks considered "fake." Not a 1/1 replicated shoe. What you and Phil Knight are talking about is like fake Ray Bans and Gucci wallets on the street corner. I'm sure they existed, but I'd bet they were mostly overseas.

Yup, Onitsuka Tigers.

But my point being, is that fakes simply existed long before the early 2000's.

i believe that too, but like da other homie said, it was probably largely a overseas problem.

im sure Nike has had PLENTY of unauthorized ghost/third shift production product run problems over da years too...

I haven't, but I also didn't say that. Fake Jordans as we know them today weren't as widespread til the late 90's, early 2k's. I think most of us know the legend of the black/gold patent 1's. When the Jordan boom first hit in the 80's, those pics I posted are what folks considered "fake." Not a 1/1 replicated shoe. What you and Phil Knight are talking about is like fake Ray Bans and Gucci wallets on the street corner. I'm sure they existed, but I'd bet they were mostly overseas.
Excuse my ignorance but can anyone fill me in on the legend of the black/gold 1s? Pics maybe? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom