ARE LYRICAL RAPPERS ALLERGIC TO GOOD BEATS?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Shawn Carter?

- as i said.......almost.

- however i will say alot of lyrical cats have good beats, its just the knuckle heads who cant get into those beats....

What are you talking about ?!??!?!?!

The greatest albums and greatest rappers in this world have always combined lyrics and beats . You sound new to the game lil dunn .

^^^^agreed. Nas- (Slave An the Master/N*...) off of The Untitled, produced by DJ Toomp. That beat knocked in the whip and in the headphones.
And Nas ripped....Also tho, that beat what taylor-maid for him by Toomp. So Toomp bent his creativity a bit ( as most producers do) when delivering
to a certain artist. I say that, because I think the original poster means, why doesn't Common spit over the "knuck if you buck beat."

I dont know the answer to that question, even if it was a real one and not a blanket statement.

Originally Posted by Qualmes

cuz they so worried about they damn lyrics being heard they dont care what they rap on as long as its 4/4...
Basically...They try to hard to have the listener pay attention to the lyrical content instead of getting sidetracked like ohhhh damn you hear that beat...when in reality a hot beat with doo doo lyrics and flows is wack anyways
exactly my thoughts they dont want the beat to steal the limelight

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

What are you talking about ?!??!?!?!

The greatest albums and greatest rappers in this world have always combined lyrics and beats . You sound new to the game lil dunn .
LOL thats wat makes them great "dunn". I'm wondering why so many cats today are havin such a hard time doin that.

HTG Designs wrote:
^^^^agreed. Nas- (Slave An the Master/N*...) off of The Untitled, produced by DJ Toomp. That beat knocked in the whip and in the headphones.
And Nas ripped....Also tho, that beat what taylor-maid for him by Toomp. So Toomp bent his creativity a bit ( as most producers do) when delivering
to a certain artist. I say that, because I think the original poster means, why doesn't Common spit over the "knuck if you buck beat."

I dont know the answer to that question, even if it was a real one and not a blanket statement.
I see that you guys read one post that says blanket and now you all wanna jump on that. Blanket statements arent bad dumb %%%. Of course you canname songs to prove me wrong but the fact that you guys keep namin the same two ot thre Nas songs says somethin to me seein the fact that nas is the mostnatorious person for spittin the hottest $@!$ on the wackest beats through his carrer. Yeah he has songs where he doesnt but between illmatic and stillmaticall his best selections were
sick.gif
in a bad way. And nas fans will agree tothis.

guru and premier? preme is awesome on the beats. also mathematics with mos def and premier,
pimp.gif

i always listen to lyrics before beats, so i guess i never really notice. but most of the beats you hear from mf doom are really dope, unique samples too.nothing kills more than dope beats covered in terrible verses.

everyone has a different ear on how they listen to music.. I listen to lyrics b4 I listen to the beat... I may hear the beat but Im not gonna crtique it untilthe 2nd or 3 listen... A good beat will only take u so far

Lyrical rappers need simplistic beats, but the beats still have to be good. See Eminem and Dr.Dre...

Imagine hearing this without ever hearing Em on it...

Cause most of your East Coast "lyrical" rappers dont want a beat with to many chord progressions because they want to dominate the 16 themselves theyjust want a boom tap type of pattern to knod your head to while they talk to you. Think about a Preme track its the majority of times a 4 or 8 bar loop thewhole song. And when u get to the hook its just some scratches and simple hook because the lyrical rapper wants you to just pay attention to his 16.

Where u got a beat from Drumma boy, Timbo, Swizz, etc. they might change the beat up every few bars to keep ya moving and u got a build up to the hook wherethe hook is dam near the celebration and u just waiting for the hook to come around cause its the most memorable part.

Basically lyrical rappers just like loop based beats because there easy to rap to and they want there words to articulate and flow. Thats why u had alot ofpeople jump on Amillie or swagga like us because it was a loop the whole song where only a handful of people jumped on a song like Put On.

asu334 wrote:
Cause most of your East Coast "lyrical" rappers dont want a beat with to many chord progressions because they want to dominate the 16 themselves they just want a boom tap type of pattern to knod your head to while they talk to you. Think about a Preme track its the majority of times a 4 or 8 bar loop the whole song. And when u get to the hook its just some scratches and simple hook because the lyrical rapper wants you to just pay attention to his 16.

Where u got a beat from Drumma boy, Timbo, Swizz, etc. they might change the beat up every few bars to keep ya moving and u got a build up to the hook where the hook is dam near the celebration and u just waiting for the hook to come around cause its the most memorable part.

Basically lyrical rappers just like loop based beats because there easy to rap to and they want there words to articulate and flow. Thats why u had alot of people jump on Amillie or swagga like us because it was a loop the whole song where only a handful of people jumped on a song like Put On.

Best post in this thread so far, but would a really good rapper be intimidated by a beat like that? A good beat makes me focus on the song more. I hear a wackbeat and its on to the next track for me.

Back
Top Bottom