ARE LYRICAL RAPPERS ALLERGIC TO GOOD BEATS?

Seriously, how come Nas cant spit over DJ Toomp beats? NY rappers + Southern beats would be instant hip hop revival!! The division of hip hop fans is peoplewho like hard hittin beats (southern fans), and people who like lyrics (east coast fans). Is it really that hard to rap to good beats? Only cats that comeclose are T.I. and Fab. Sometimes Cass too. Wayne had it o lock with C1 and C2 but he quickly gave up both on C3. Gucci and other south rappers have beats fordays while cats like Common and Nas have great lyricsa but albums have suspect beats, except Stillmatic.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Here you go with the blanket statements.

You stereotyping like a muuuhh...

laugh.gif
How else can i say it. I hope that most people are smart enough totake wat I say and think about it. Its a blanket statement because it is wat it is. Most lyrical rappers fail to have great beats and vice versa.

edit:

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

laugh.gif
How else can i say it. I hope that most people are smart enough to
take wat I say and think about it. Its a blanket statement because it is wat it is. Most lyrical rappers fail to have great beats and vice versa.

To answer your question i honestly don't know. I don't think it's as simple as you make it seem but some lyrical rappers do have a poor ear forbeats. At the same time though, i listen to a lot of these "non lyrical" rappers with supposedly "great" beat selection and that $!$@ isjust tired, there albums are way to repetitive.

Originally Posted by ps2child

Phonte + 9th Wonder = I dont think so.

this discussion pertains strictly to mainstream artist, you can't even attempt to make this argument if you include indie & underground ++@%
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

edit:

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

laugh.gif
How else can i say it. I hope that most people are smart enough to
take wat I say and think about it. Its a blanket statement because it is wat it is. Most lyrical rappers fail to have great beats and vice versa.

To answer your question i honestly don't know. I don't think it's as simple as you make it seem but some lyrical rappers do have a poor ear for beats. At the same time though, i listen to a lot of these "non lyrical" rappers with supposedly "great" beat selection and that $!$@ is just tired, there albums are way to repetitive.
True, thats only because they lack lyrical content which leads back to my og question.

[h3][/h3]
ARE LYRICAL RAPPERS ALLERGIC TO GOOD BEATS?
Nope. Its just a lot of them are in the situation where they got enough money for either three 6-packs of decent beer or one bottle of cheapchampagne.

I agree, Nas is my second to favorite rapper but he'll better with better beats.

this discussion pertains strictly to mainstream artist, you can't even attempt to make this argument if you include indie & underground ++@%
laugh.gif
oh ok i was just sayin...not too many commercial rappers that are lyrical.

laugh.gif

- eh, mainstream and lyrical together is almost an oxymoron......almost
grin.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

laugh.gif

- eh, post 2000 mainstream and lyrical together is almost an oxymoron......almost
grin.gif

fixed that for you.

cuz they so worried about they damn lyrics being heard they dont care what they rap on as long as its 4/4...
Basically...They try to hard to have the listener pay attention to the lyrical content instead of gettingsidetracked like ohhhh damn you hear that beat...when in reality a hot beat with doo doo lyrics and flows is wack anyways

Lyrical artist like to have a classic feel to there album. You can't have old school classic sould with a Mannie Fresh beat. And sometime a lyrical dude ona southern producer beats sometimes don't sound right. A Nas track on a Drumma Boy or Shawty Redd beat would probably be
sick.gif
. But I wouldn't know till I hear it
laugh.gif

SoHi 23 wrote:
Because they'd rather focus on lyrics.
laugh.gif

I see what your tryna say but what does focusing on your lyrics have to do with below average beats? I swear Wayne was the only one who successfully pulledthat off for an entire album. Its not like you have to choose between the 2. You can have both.

It's not necessarily that they can't pick beats, but "good" beats don't always compliment the flow that a lot of lyrical artists have.

Back
Top Bottom