Are HID's worth the money?

I was just wondering because someone offered me HIDs for 90 bucks installed and I was considering copping them. Wasn't sure if it was worth it.

I was just wondering because someone offered me HIDs for 90 bucks installed and I was considering copping them. Wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

Originally Posted by BLinK

Only if you have projectors IMO.

Not really a car head... so what exactly is that lol

They go inside your headlights to give your light output a more cleaner, crisp look.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

Originally Posted by BLinK

Only if you have projectors IMO.

Not really a car head... so what exactly is that lol

They go inside your headlights to give your light output a more cleaner, crisp look.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

If you cant do it right, you shouldnt do it at all IMO. So projectors or bust really.

this

and please go to a professional who is capable of lining them up properly...hate when someone drives up behind or head on with purple/blue/yellow lights pointing right at my eyes
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

If you cant do it right, you shouldnt do it at all IMO. So projectors or bust really.

this

and please go to a professional who is capable of lining them up properly...hate when someone drives up behind or head on with purple/blue/yellow lights pointing right at my eyes
mad.gif

IMO 6-8k is the right temp, cats running around here with 15k+ with purple lights that dont have ANY output

IMO 6-8k is the right temp, cats running around here with 15k+ with purple lights that dont have ANY output

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

This. I say run 4K-6K @ 35 watt or 55 watt.  If you're pretty good with following DIY directions and if you already own the tools, I say install them yourself.  That way you know that you are getting quality work done and installed the way you want it to.  Installing the ballast is not really that hard.  I've done a few cars and it only took me about 40 minutes on my first attemp.  

There are plenty of websites that sells ballast online and if you live in a big city, you can most likely find them locally cheaper.  I use DDM tuning in San Diego and bought my kits for $45. 

Back
Top Bottom