are DS flint 9s from 2002 still wearble

sneakaprince

Supporter
hey NT as the topic says I'm lookin to buy some DS 9s but I'm worried about them crumbling? Anyone know if this will happen?

I wear mine from time to time - a lot more recently too - and they seem to hold up pretty well but I do notice that the paint will probably chip eventually. I would do it man. My only problem that I find with the retro 9 is that the bottom is very flat. The shoe is comfortable with the sock liner wrapping your foot but I do not like how flat the bottoms are against my feet. Still sweet looking colour though!

Well let me share my latest experience with 2002 IX Retros. I had a pair of Cool Gray IXs that I wore regularly since 2002, and just last year I wore them to the mall and the entire outsole completly came off. There was no crumbling on the midsole either. So if this happened to pair that was worn regularly, I'm pretty sure a DS pair will fall apart on you.

I am always amazed about people sayin there shoes fall apart after being old. I still wear my OG XIII's and X's

deffinitly wearable just do the typical fresh jays walk and u will be straight
smile.gif

I have worn the heck out of my flint 9's since 2002. They are in great condition and have no paint cracking at all. Slight yellowing on the tounge but still very wearable.

My 2002 *olives* had paint chips the second time i wore them, and i'm not heavy on my feet either.

...but the midsoles are fine otherwise, no separation, and i was wearing them yesterday.

you should be fine to wear them...i had a pair about a year back that I wore just fine, sold em since then

I have a pair on my shelf that are perfect for wearing!!!! There is not worries here if the shoes have been stored properly. I have an OG 1993 Olive 9's that are still wearable, no cracks no chips not crumbling, same for all the 9's I have as far as retros as well...

The only IX from this era, I'm considering dropping bread for is the Olives...but glad to hear that some pairs are still wearable.

Back
Top Bottom