AQUA 8S RETURN SUMMER 2025 *JB FINAL BOSS ERA*

I ain't even gon' hold you ...if they decided to drop this OG sample with the leather cross straps...I wouldn't even be mad fr fr.. they remind me of the air raid II "urban jungle".......speaking of those.... Where they at??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240706-033951.png
    Screenshot_20240706-033951.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 132
1. The best VIII’s are the True Reds. These are third right behind the playoffs.
2. For everyone saying they love the 2015’s. Didn’t those have glitter on the midsole?!
3. Copped if the glitter is gone.
Yes they had glitter on the midsole, just like the OGs did...

1720273613116.png

Anyway, game time decision for me. My 2015 pair are in excellent condition.

2015 was solid but sold them and regret it. Hopefully they’ll slightly mute the purple and teal on this release and change the gray a tad to closer match the originals. Really while we are wishing I wish they would bring back that thick, deep pile suede that would darken and lighten depending on how it was rubbed like they did in 1993! None of the retros have captured that magical feel lol

Oh and to further me being the old guy yelling at clouds, they really need to fix the internal bootie situation on 8s. Rest of the show is shaped fine but the liner really sucks. Okay I’m done complaining, happy to have these return.

Meh we really reaching that point where my old pairs of these new drops are still good. Don't need all these new drops lol.
That’s how it is for most my homies as well. In 2020 I did a mass sell of my collection thinking I was done with sneakers. Now I’m back for collection purposes mainly so I appreciate this 2nd run lol

Meh we really reaching that point where my old pairs of these new drops are still good. Don't need all these new drops lol.
Agreed, I passed on the playoff 8's from last year because my 2013's are still in great condition. I could careless about the red pull tab. Will skip out on these as well.

After that last dance documentary and stimmy $$$ ....sold so many classics....DS...NDS were going for the high. Sold like 10 pairs and almost half ill get back in 2025 😂

Man. Not gonna lie I pulled out my playoffs from last year…. They need to go back to the drawing board and get right like the 2015 retros
This. Don't get me wrong, I bought two pairs of last years Playoffs and love them dearly. Heck I even contemplated buying a third. The issue is that when you put them next to the '15 Aqua 8s, you can tell which one is the better retro when it comes to shape/cut and generally being closer to it's original release.

As for the people talking about passing on these because they already have a solid pair from the '15 release, the Aquas from that year will only be wearable so long. We're pushing 10 years since the last retro, and even if the currently used closed cell polyurethane midsoles don't crumble as quickly as the originals that used open cell, they will still crumble at some point. (Someone posted an example of this in the '15 Aqua 8 thread a year or two ago). At least getting the new release means you'll have a pair of Aquas to wear until at least 2035.

As for the people talking about passing on these because they already have a solid pair from the '15 release, the Aquas from that year will only be wearable so long. We're pushing 10 years since the last retro, and even if the currently used closed cell polyurethane midsoles don't crumble as quickly as the originals that used open cell, they will still crumble at some point. (Someone posted an example of this in the '15 Aqua 8 thread a year or two ago). At least getting the new release means you'll have a pair of Aquas to wear until at least 2035.
True, but there's so many I want to get before I get any 8's. (BC 3 , WC 4, Metallic 5's, Grape 5). And 8's is a shoe I would hardly wear.

True, but there's so many I want to get before I get any 8's. (BC 3 , WC 4, Metallic 5's, Grape 5). And 8's is a shoe I would hardly wear.
That's totally fair. Next year is super friggin stacked that I'm gearing up early. Putting money aside for the inevitable double ups and purchases in general. I just made the post to remind people that the last Aqua release will only last so much longer. At least with the new release they'll be good for another 10+ years.

1. The best VIII’s are the True Reds. These are third right behind the playoffs.
2. For everyone saying they love the 2015’s. Didn’t those have glitter on the midsole?!
3. Copped if the glitter is gone.

Yes they had glitter on the midsole, just like the OGs did...

1720273613116.png

Anyway, game time decision for me. My 2015 pair are in excellent condition.

I was today years old when I knew the OG's had glitter on the midsole. I coulda' sworn back in 2015 people were complaining about the glitter being a retro feature and a reason why they sat on some shelves in 2015.

Thank you for the education on that.

Now I'll cop.

Back
Top Bottom