Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

The OG's had that metallic flecks in midsole right.

I've see people complaining that JB "glitter" ruined it

Let's get this Hype train going!!!

View media item 1723421

ya know whats funny i sold him that pair through flightclub back in 2007

i cant wait for this release

wish i could get 2 pairs of these might even pass on the reflective foams in November to get an extra retro 8
big difference between these and the 2007retro's
was going to pass on the 2015's but its close to the OG aqua's as you can get

personally the 94's OG mean alot to me

Last edited:
ya know whats funny i sold him that pair through flightclub back in 2007

i cant wait for this release

wish i could get 2 pairs of these might even pass on the reflective foams in November to get an extra retro 8
big difference between these and the 2007retro's
was going to pass on the 2015's but its close to the OG aqua's as you can get

personally the 94's OG mean alot to me

Him and Don C were hoarding at one point

I respect Don C's hustle he has spiraled out of Ye's shadow and created his own lane. Unlike those OVO guys.

Don C created the whole "image" of kanye. From the retro Jordan's to the rosewood movement they were doing back during 808's era. Don was the reason why kanye was rockin black/inf 6's and Aqua 8's and most recently air Jordan 1's. Kanye has even admitted to Don putting him on game to a lot of those models.

And yes I've met Don before. Really humble guy. I've yet to meet kanye but I have a few choice words for him

Last edited:
Don C created the whole "image" of kanye. From the retro Jordan's to the rosewood movement they were doing back during 808's era. Don was rockin the reason why kanye black/inf 6's and Aqua's. Kanye is... a hypebeast.

And yes I've met Don before but not Kanye.
I've met both, but I disagree. Kanye may have been influenced by Don, but to say Don created the whole "image" of Kanye... NAWL! I will say I'm glad Don hasn't taken part in this homeless stage look Kanye's been trying to push lately. I notice this other designer Jerry Lorenzo is now in the mix with Kanye moreso than Don. Don is focusing on his clothing store, and hat and basketball short line.

Last edited:
I've met both, but I disagree. Kanye may have been influenced by Don, but to say Don created the whole "image" of Kanye... NAWL! I will say I'm glad Don hasn't taken part in this homeless stage look Kanye's been trying to push lately. I notice this other designer Jerry Lorenzo is now in the mix with Kanye moreso than Don. Don is focusing on his clothing store, and hat and basketball short line.

How was Ye when you met him?

Either way I respect the fact they look out and help each other to be successful :nthat:

How was Ye when you met him?
Very smart, down to earth, and chill. I was in the studio with him, Swizz, Consequence, and Don C. Kanye likes to surround himself with thinkers and people who are very good at their craft for feedback purposes good or bad.

I'll stick with my 07 ogs 
that literally makes no sense
07....... OGs..... 
laugh.gif

Very smart, down to earth, and chill. I was in the studio with him, Swizz, Consequence, and Don C. Kanye likes to surround himself with thinkers and people who are very good at their craft for feedback purposes good or bad.

That's amazing! I would love to pick Swiss' brain. Did you guys pass around the ganja? I'm curious as to how the creativity process begins in the studio with Kanye...

Last edited:
I wasn't even thought of when the og 93's released. But I want my 200 dollars worth, and I like detail so THATS why the insole is a big deal to me. I don't care what people see on my feet it's just the fact of me knowing that I got the cool *** insole

I wasn't even thought of when the og 93's released. But I want my 200 dollars worth, and I like detail so THATS why the insole is a big deal to me. I don't care what people see on my feet it's just the fact of me knowing that I got the cool *** insole
this makes me feel old and I'm only 22

Aqua 8s are roughly the only OG retro this year to have almost the exact same shape as (a new pair of) the OGs, the same colors all over the shoe ( OGs look greenish in pics due to age), same OG detailing which includes the insole and shiny outsole.

I just don't know why they couldn't do this for the OG 7s( Bords came close), 10s, Maroon 6s, and the 1s(great quality but look way diff from the OG)

i had the OGs as a kid so of course these are special to me... But im not going to lie i prefer the 07s because the gray just looks better and blends well with the shoe overall.... at the same time i am happy that these 2015 are close to the OG as possible with the light gray so even though i prefer the look of the 07s i will cop these based on nostalgic purposes and because my 07 pair is getting beat so i need a new pair asap... once i cop the new pair i will flip the 07 pair immediately

i had the OGs as a kid so of course these are special to me... But im not going to lie i prefer the 07s because the gray just looks better and blends well with the shoe overall.... at the same time i am happy that these 2015 are close to the OG as possible with the light gray so even though i prefer the look of the 07s i will cop these based on nostalgic purposes and because my 07 pair is getting beat so i need a new pair asap... once i cop the new pair i will flip the 07 pair immediately
not much of a flip with the 07s anymore. DS can be had for like 300-320, vnds I've seen 180-200 so a beat pear is like 80-100

Back
Top Bottom