Apple's spyware guidelines for tech support

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by kash55

Apple is not in the business or enterprise field. They are consumer all the way, some tiny percentage of companies are picking up iPhones but thats it. Apple has no real presence in enterprise nor do they have the products for it. Any why would they? They are making a killing in the consumer space. MS share in business and server end support is increasing while their consumer sector has been hurting.

On the note of this post itself, that graphic can very easily just be fake. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was real either.
At the moment, yes, their market share is quite small; however, apple has been smart by attacking education. As more and more younger users adopt apple products, graduate and then enter the workforce, the more pressure businesses will have to partially adopt apple products.  I already see the push at my job for it.
Bingo!  Starting with the youth and the influence spreads.

Apple is not in the business or enterprise field. They are consumer all the way, some tiny percentage of companies are picking up iPhones but thats it. Apple has no real presence in enterprise nor do they have the products for it. Any why would they? They are making a killing in the consumer space. MS share in business and server end support is increasing while their consumer sector has been hurting.

On the note of this post itself, that graphic can very easily just be fake. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was real either.
At the moment, yes, their market share is quite small; however, apple has been smart by attacking education. As more and more younger users adopt apple products, graduate and then enter the workforce, the more pressure businesses will have to partially adopt apple products.  I already see the push at my job for it.

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

shut up you two.....Dirty means MacOS market share in relation to other Os'
not the stock price

the point of a forum is to have a discussion, your bff can handle himself

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

shut up you two.....Dirty means MacOS market share in relation to other Os'
not the stock price

the point of a forum is to have a discussion, your bff can handle himself

Originally Posted by KT Money

They don't have any products. It's one thing for people to want to use Macbooks at work compared to the backend network of the business being Apple. Whether it's backup, user and admin management, shared drive, email, security, etc etc etc etc. The products that MS and Linux offer in terms of what you need when you have a business that relies on computers is vast, and the average user has no idea about, Apple just doesn't do that, and don't want to be in that space. That sector of computer is very mature and has plateaued. Like you never hear about IBM anymore, but they make an insane amount of money by just offering business solutions. This is not something that Apple is interested in right now, or in the foreseeable future.
Apple is very in the eyes and ears of people just cause they are the #1 consumer electronics company, but don't get that mixed up with anything else other than consumer.

They don't have any products. It's one thing for people to want to use Macbooks at work compared to the backend network of the business being Apple. Whether it's backup, user and admin management, shared drive, email, security, etc etc etc etc. The products that MS and Linux offer in terms of what you need when you have a business that relies on computers is vast, and the average user has no idea about, Apple just doesn't do that, and don't want to be in that space. That sector of computer is very mature and has plateaued. Like you never hear about IBM anymore, but they make an insane amount of money by just offering business solutions. This is not something that Apple is interested in right now, or in the foreseeable future.
Apple is very in the eyes and ears of people just cause they are the #1 consumer electronics company, but don't get that mixed up with anything else other than consumer.

What do you mean they don't have any products? You're not being literal, right?

What do you mean they don't have any products? You're not being literal, right?

Originally Posted by Rightguard

as Apple's market share increases... more malware and viruses will be created for their OS

not really,

once apple products become adopted by major businesses is when hackers and coders will attack the OS

yeah, i mean i see macs all the time for personal use and in movies but in schools and businesses it's always pc's.

as Apple's market share increases... more malware and viruses will be created for their OS

not really,

once apple products become adopted by major businesses is when hackers and coders will attack the OS

yeah, i mean i see macs all the time for personal use and in movies but in schools and businesses it's always pc's.

Rightguard needs to put his shovel down. You're not going to dig yourself out of that one.

Rightguard needs to put his shovel down. You're not going to dig yourself out of that one.

people need to stop downloading stupid things like this...you have a mac you dont need a defender or virus scanner or whatever

people need to stop downloading stupid things like this...you have a mac you dont need a defender or virus scanner or whatever

Not only do Mac malware exist but so do trojan rats. It's just not as severe a problem as it is for windows. But they do exist. One thing hackers are working on is how to get reverse connection on the mac working. (to go through routers)

Not only do Mac malware exist but so do trojan rats. It's just not as severe a problem as it is for windows. But they do exist. One thing hackers are working on is how to get reverse connection on the mac working. (to go through routers)

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

not neccesarily, how do hackers benefit from an increase in stock price?
huh?

market share is not the same as stock price

allocated stock affects the market share. in general iphones, ipods, ipads probably have influenced the market share and stock prices over the past few years more than macbooks and imacs etc...

Dirty means the share of the computer OS market. That has nothing to d o with stock prices, it refers to the percentage of mac OS users in comparison to the other operating systems. Increased market share means a share of all computer users business and personal alike. Viruses will be a huge issue for Macs in the future with it becoming more common place. Btw coders make viruses for individuals too, many trojans just pose as antimalware software to sucker people onto buying it.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

not neccesarily, how do hackers benefit from an increase in stock price?
huh?

market share is not the same as stock price

allocated stock affects the market share. in general iphones, ipods, ipads probably have influenced the market share and stock prices over the past few years more than macbooks and imacs etc...

Dirty means the share of the computer OS market. That has nothing to d o with stock prices, it refers to the percentage of mac OS users in comparison to the other operating systems. Increased market share means a share of all computer users business and personal alike. Viruses will be a huge issue for Macs in the future with it becoming more common place. Btw coders make viruses for individuals too, many trojans just pose as antimalware software to sucker people onto buying it.

What dirty said seemed simple enough. I guess not, everybody has to look like some sort of expert on the internet.

What dirty said seemed simple enough. I guess not, everybody has to look like some sort of expert on the internet.

i do see a lot of business men/women with ipads doe
whether that counts for a majority of businessmen and women....i only learned tis from my panera bread days lol

i do see a lot of business men/women with ipads doe
whether that counts for a majority of businessmen and women....i only learned tis from my panera bread days lol

i wonder how many more replies until this turns into a os x vs windows 7/iOS vs android debate.

usainboltisfast got banned so it should take awhile until steve jobs' temporary white knight comes to his rescue.

Back
Top Bottom