Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

anyone who pre-ordered for ATT on Friday morning receive a shipping date yet? I still haven't got one. Probably just gonna cancel and try my luck at the retail stores

Just checked my status and my back order went from 1 to 0. Hopefully I get it in by next week.

It's been explained a couple times in here that the process is rather tedious. Involving having to borrow a loaner until they get a refurb in for you. 

With applecare, you're buying it directly from the source. Anything goes wrong, go to the app store and get yourself a brand new one. 

I would recommend apple care. But from what I remember they only covered software.
You sure? My buddy dropped his 3GS a couple years back and they swapped it out for him. And then last August, the home button on my 4 started acting up and they swapped it out with a new one.

thats not bad for pretty much 2 years of warranty. does it cover water spills and stuff now? i thought a few people mentioned that in here.
if i can find a 5 for decent price ill take advantage of applecare even though ive never had problems with my iphones til today :frown:

The year of Applecare included covers only hardware defects (Home button failing, power button, etc) It does not cover accidental - but you can get hooked up if youre lucky. Applecare + covers everything. Accidental/screen, all that. Catch is, its 100 up front + 50 dollar deductible.

Has anyone got an answer when stores will receive their second shipments? Is it gonna be like the ship dates on apple.com 10/17?

Anybody else feel like this phone gets dumb hot in your hand after a while.

I could be underestimating the degree to which other phones heat up as well because I typically have a case on and this never really find myself touching the actual back.

Even so, this phone seems like it gets pretty warm.

Just checked my status and my back order went from 1 to 0. Hopefully I get it in by next week.
Mine still says processing
mad.gif

anyone who pre-ordered for ATT on Friday morning receive a shipping date yet? I still haven't got one. Probably just gonna cancel and try my luck at the retail stores

They just charged my card yesterday and changed the status to "Preparing to Ship"

Same here. I'm 30 miles north of la we haven't gotten LTE yet for AT&T. However I took a trio down to La today and the phone is beyond fast. They are not kidding when they say its tasters than some wifi
LTE speeds are insane everywhere I go....except my house.  

I was disappointed when I ran my initial speed tests yesterday...but driving around today I've been getting decent speeds between 7 to 17 MB/s down.

I guess its better to have it where I need it, as opposed to at home where I have wifi.

Last edited:
Ordered from Apple and it said it'd be here between oct 20-23 so I just canceled it and im gonna try my luck in stores next week

Pre-ordered through AT&T on the 14th at 3AM like many, order wasn't processed till the 16th cause AT&T doesn't know what they're doing.  Canceled the order on the 21st, walked into a Verizon store at 1PM the same day and scooped up a 16GB Black 
pimp.gif

By the way, whoever bought/is buying the phone on Verizon, it comes pre-unlocked.  
pimp.gif

Might change my mind about going naked. Phone is too nice to **** up.

That lifeproof needs to hurry up.

Eh wasn't impressed to be so thirsty for one, its light as **** and pretty fast on LTE but ill wait.

yea the lte on at&t is great, getting 35 down/15 up, way better than what I get for my home internet connection. ios6 is just showing its age though as an os.

Anybody else feel like this phone gets dumb hot in your hand after a while.
I could be underestimating the degree to which other phones heat up as well because I typically have a case on and this never really find myself touching the actual back.
Even so, this phone seems like it gets pretty warm.
I agree. But that was only right out of the box when I was in the process of syncing with my iCloud. Since then I haven't had an issue. And I've been on the thing damn near 24/7.

Might change my mind about going naked. Phone is too nice to **** up.

That lifeproof needs to hurry up.
That doesn't even make any sense. If you like the look of the phone why are you covering it up?

To preserve the look.
When you buy a nice car do you drive around with a car cover on? When you wear jewelry do you wrap them in trash bags before you put them on?
You're trying too hard.

I don't drive around with a cover on my cars, but I do get the protectant coat put on my cars.

And the point of wearing jewelry is to "show it off". That is not the point of owning a phone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom