Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

I'm curious, with Verizon having limited date these days, does it still use up data when there is wi-fi?

Because I have/use wi-fi at home and I am just not sure if that helps conserve data usage for later use?

Last edited:
I am on contract with att and my contract is up in January, does anyone know if they will let you upgrade early if I agree to an extension? If so how early? Thanks in advance.
You'd most likely only qualify for an early upgrade. So it'd basically be $250 more than what the full subsidized price is.

$199 ----> $449 for the 16gb
$299 ----> $549 for the 32gb
$399 ----> $649 for the 64gb

They're going to make you renew your contract regardless of when you purchase it,.... Unless you buy the phone at full retail price. ($649, $749, $849)

It's probably best to just wait it out till January. The iPhone 5 isn't going anywhere.

Isn't the upgrade window 18 months now? As long as you're 18 months into your contract, you should be eligible for a full subsidized upgrade..

Yes he should, but again we can't answer that with full confidence. This can be answered by either logging in to AT&T OLAM and or simply calling and asking. Also, you can check your upgrade status on both Apple and Best Buy website as well.

I'm curious, with Verizon having limited date these days, does it still use up data when there is wi-fi?
Because I have/use wi-fi at home and I am just not sure if that helps conserve data usage for later use?
Wi-Fi is not counted in your data usage.

So I read in this thread that if we did not get our phone on release day, that it will come on the 5th of October.

Is there any truth to this?

depends when you ordered it . . . I ordered through Verizon and my expected ship date is Oct 26 . . . I waited too long because I kept on seeing the expected ship date after the release on the web site go from Oct 5 to Oct 12 to Oct 19 and now Oct 26 . . .

i ordered two days after the first preorder and received mine last friday a week before the estimated oct 5th date i had

im trying to get the iphone 5 in dec but im on verizon and i dont want to loose my unlimited data plan i called and me and my wife only use about 2 gigs of data is it even worth to hang on to it??

Went to Apple to put hands on the new iPhone. Wasn't impressed. So I just paid to get a refurbed 4, since my front screen was cracked and the off button was broke. I wait until they do a drastic change.

Went to Apple to put hands on the new iPhone. Wasn't impressed. So I just paid to get a refurbed 4, since my front screen was cracked and the off button was broke. I wait until they do a drastic change.

So that means the refurbed 4 will be your last iphone?

It depends on when you ordered It on the 14th. I ordered mine around 9am and received it 4 days ago. People who were up at the crack of dawn to order it got it a week ahead of me....

I didn't appreciate the 5 until a day or 2 later.. And that's coming from a 4s... Now I wouldn't trade it back if they paid me.. Lol..

I didn't appreciate the 5 until a day or 2 later.. And that's coming from a 4s... Now I wouldn't trade it back if they paid me.. Lol..

word the 5 is something you gotta use for a min, i still cant believe how slow it makes the 4s look, and the extra ram is much appreciated.

After letting the phone die completely the las two days, battery life has improved dramatically! I'm reaching 7-8 hours of usage with a lot of things running and LTE.

If your phone dies fast let it a few times. The. Let it charge all the way to 100%.

my router is all the way downstairs, but when i'm in my room 2 floors above it, it constantly goes back and forth between wifi and 4g. not sure if it's because i'm so far from the router, but i haven't noticed it when i'm closer to it.

i also have this annoying problem where sometimes i'll get a call or turn my screen on and the brightness is all the way down. i have to turn the screen off and then back on and it's back to normal. i don't have auto brightness on so i'm not sure why that happens. don't know if it's a phone issue or software issue.

Coming from android the first thing I noticed was bettery life is much better i charge my phone once a day so far. I'm trying to let it die before I recharge it, but from 9am to about 9pm at night I still have a lot of power left. I can see both sides of the arguement, but I am in love with the 5 I probably will stay iphone from here on out.

what's this i hear about october 5th? :nerd:

i still have a reserved one at best buy that i reserved last monday, the 24th, and still no update from them. i'm thinking of just going straight to sprint and getting on the waitlist with them.

i tried to order it online for next day pick-up at the apple store, but they won't let me add a line to my account online. :smh:

It looks like I might be headed to T-mobile it's going to be the only way I can get a GSM iPhone with unlimited data ever again. I think the nano sim is going to become the standard within the next year and I'd much rather just buy unlocked phones and swap sim cards than keep doing ESN swaps with Sprint.

It looks like I might be headed to T-mobile it's going to be the only way I can get a GSM iPhone with unlimited data ever again. I think the nano sim is going to become the standard within the next year and I'd much rather just buy unlocked phones and swap sim cards than keep doing ESN swaps with Sprint.
Are dudes really going over 2GB of data a month? I would never sacrifice service and coverage for more data. What's the point if I can't access it

I never understood the need for unlimited data, 2GB is more than enough for checking E-Mail, Social Networks, Streaming, and Forums. Unless you have no wi-fi at home and never put your phone down.

my mom got her 5 in yesterday and i got to play with it a little. definitely feels lighter against the 4s and the longer screen is pretty sweet. still don't know if i want to upgrade or not.

Yeah I played around with the iphone5  on display at one of the AT&T stores around the way...the phone is definitely much faster, but not enough for me to jump out and upgrade. 

Are dudes really going over 2GB of data a month? I would never sacrifice service and coverage for more data. What's the point if I can't access it

Everyone situation is different. For me, I'm at work with wifi and then at home with wifi so data isn't that critical for me most time, but it's different for everyone else. I agree I wouldn't sacrifice service and coverage for more data.

im trying to get the iphone 5 in dec but im on verizon and i dont want to loose my unlimited data plan i called and me and my wife only use about 2 gigs of data is it even worth to hang on to it??
you can get the iphone 5 and keep your unlimited data plan but you will have to pay the non contract price for it

Back
Top Bottom