Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Just dropped my 4S in the dang lake :x and the rice trick didn't bring it back to life. Anybody know how much a water damage repair runs?

That's nice. Been wanting to get a keyboard add on to this 5. I'm patient, I can wait a little longer for the 5.5 phone to release. My 5 still works fine.
it kinda seems counter productive..... why even have a touchscreen just to not use it.... plus it makes the phone bulky... 5.5 is already big as it is adding a extra inch or so because of a physical keyboard.. That might justify dudes having man purses.

They'll probably only make that keyboard case for the 4.7. Putting it on the 5.5 one and it won't even fit in people's pockets lengthwise.

So the date is Oct. not Sept.

That's too bad for me, don't think I can't wait until then.
I dropped my 5 of the rooftop onto a driveway today, works for now, for now

So the date is Oct. not Sept.

That's too bad for me, don't think I can't wait until then.
I dropped my 5 of the rooftop onto a driveway today, works for now, for now

thats because the Sept everyone including yahoo and forbes is talking about it the unveiling of the phone unless they release it a week later or something.

^^yea I just read that article a page back.
I'm not going to lie, I'm bummed TF out right now.

Yeah another month isn't a big deal but I know some of you fiend like crazy when a new phone is releasing soon. Some even break their current phones so they have no choice but to get a new one.

I just hope there's plenty of phones to go around. I'll most definitely pre order when they announce it to get the first batch. Not that desperate to wait in line over night when they can drop it off at my doorstep.

iPhone 6 Said to Launch on Tuesday, October 14, Part of 'Incredibly Busy' Month for Apple
Thursday July 31, 2014 1:13 am PDT by Richard Padilla
Apple may be planning to launch the iPhone 6 on Tuesday, October 14 as the month itself will be an incredibly busy one for the company, according to a source that spoke to MacRumors citing an internal Apple Retail Store meeting.

The source notes that a senior Store Leader mentioned October 14th as being an "immense" day for Apple, adding that the whole month of October would be very busy for stores and the company itself. Apple is also said to planning a media event for Tuesday, September 16, coming a month ahead of the device's launch.

iphone_5s_6_grass
4.7 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 mockups compared to iPhone 5s

To this point, most reports have pointed to a September announcement and launch for the iPhone 6. However, a report last week claimed that Apple is planning a mid-September event for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8, which would be followed by an October event showcasing the iWatch, OS X Yosemite, new iPads, and new Macs. An announcement event for September 16 would also fall on a Tuesday, which is when Apple typically announces new products.

Apple launching the iPhone 6 on a Tuesday would be a change from past years, as the company has launched previous iPhones and most new hardware on a Friday. However, the source claims that high customer demand and an ample supply due to a large production effort will motivate Apple to start iPhone 6 sales earlier in the week.

It is unknown if an October release for the iPhone 6 would include both the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch version, as recent rumors have pointed toward several production issues plaguing the larger model. It is possible that the 5.5-inch may launch later in the year or in 2015 after Apple can produce enough devices. In addition to a larger screen, both versions of the iPhone 6 are expected to feature a thinner profile, a faster A8 processor, and an improved camera.

Related roundups: iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6
So they're gonna announce it in Sept and then release a month later?  They better have a big *** supply of phones on deck 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ct3
looks like im gonna buy the iwatch to flip then if its truly limited
everyone is ....lol its gonna be this holiday version of tickle me elmo... thing is so many ppl are gonna buy it to flip it i doubt they go for to much over retail

Started having a few issues today with the 5 after dropping it off the roof.
I've two lines though, The other is a 4, thinking about just forwarding both numbers to the same phone until October.
Problem with this fix is, oneine is my business line, one is personal, so one way or the other I'm making personal calls and texts from a business line, or vice Versa. Probably upgrading early now.
Bummed on Oct not Sept for sure.

Last edited:
Are there any official pics of the iphone 6 yet? If so, can some one please post it in here for me-thanks!

I've two lines though, The other is a 4, thinking about just forwarding both numbers to the same phone until October.
Problem with this fix is, oneine is my business line, one is personal, so one way or the other I'm making personal calls and texts from a business line, or vice Versa. Probably upgrading early now.
just use a separate number for the phone ie like google voice, talkatone and their will be two different numbers and you can have them both forwarded to one number or keep them separate. 

Got water damage in my iphone 5 from lollapalooza :smh: In a bag of rice for a few days but guess im going to have to fork over $269 soon smh

you wont see offical pics til its unveiled by Apple

Deep down I already knew that but my lady friend sent me a pic of the speculated new iPhone and I told her it wasn't real. Thanks for the quick response though.

I mean they have the cases out, its pretty much what its gonna look like but you wont se the offical phone working and all til apple unveils it

Apple should just dispense with the iPhone media event and do a stealth release (Just update the apple store in the middle of the night).  I mean, at this point, the leaks are so incredibly accurate by the time the event rolls around that there is little on the hardware side that every surprises.

ios 8 beta 5

Nothing really new just polishing up old features and little tweaks of design.

Handoff: which is still pretty cool for ppl who have multiple apple devices: Basically it is seamless transition from one device to another ie.. say your texting/sms/calling/facetime on your phone and you come home you can seamlessly continue to convo on your ipad or mac pro etc. That also includes like if your listening to music a podcast etc... working on a spreadsheet etc.

Instant Hotspot: which basically makes your phone a wireless tether etc... if you are in a area where you cant get service for your mac or ipad etc. It instantly recognizes the device and shares connects it via wifi.

Spotlight Search: Its added imbd, and a few other references like wiki etc. so you can type in and get instant access to answers or links/websites to answers.

Family Sharing: not much has changed. you still can let up to 6 ppl to access and share apps, ibooks and magazines etc... or photos things of that nature on a unified cloud account. They all can share and make purchases via itunes etc apple store and it is all under one account for all to use.

Camera and Photo: added a time lapse and timer to the stock camera. Also a auto enhancement. There is now folders and albums and can be arranged by date time location or just certain headings. You also have the option to hide pictures (you can also do this with imessages, text and phone calls made/recieved) Also more filters and edit options for the photos.

Mail: you can add calender reminders events info etc to emails. 

Pretty much thats all thats new in this beta version. Um besides things like new wallpapers etc. aesthetics nothing really groundbreaking or new with this edition

Last edited:

just use a separate number for the phone ie like google voice, talkatone and their will be two different numbers and you can have them both forwarded to one number or keep them separate. 

I don't understand what you mean?
I did at first, but then I confused myself.

I already have 2 numbers, work and personal.
My personal phone is acting up so I'd have I transfer that line to the business one so I can receive those calls and texts.
The calls will forward, the texts won't though.
So if I text someone now, like for a booty call or whatnot, it's coming from my business line. If I call out, same thing, my business line is showing up as the number.

I'm going to have to get a upgrade now, to avoid this
Unless I'm looking at it wrong, what do you think shoelyesses ?

Last edited:
Are there any official pics of the iphone 6 yet? If so, can some one please post it in here for me-thanks!

you wont see offical pics til its unveiled by Apple

I saw what was supposed to be "official pics" yesterday on a Tech channel on the Roku.
I will look for the excerpt/video when I get home and post it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom