Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.2%
  • Case

Votes: 280 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Replaced the screen on my 5 and switched back to it from the 4S i was rockin. Man i missed that LTE speed haha. Also got my JB back, so wont upgrade until they fix all the bugs with iOS 8.

Also, i've been reading that people are calling the retention department at AT&T and getting their upgrades moved up for the 6. Not sure what all they are saying, but some people with 5S's are having success. FYI for those not due for an upgrade yet. I'm thinking of calling and seeing if i can get it moved up.

I called Verizon today and they won't budge my upgrade is due in November

so, no grey 6 64gbs in my area, if I order online, it says 21-35 business days to ship... Guess that means I can't get do the trade in at an art store.

Att prob doing this **** on purpose so they don't have to hand out $$ for trade ins
eyes.gif
If your trade-in phone isnt your everyday phone then your ok.

If it is then yea your kind of SOLon  the deal but if your not bent on the color then get another color so you can get the deal

8 days left on the ATT deal 

APPLE CARE- Doest cover lost or stolen? I will pass then.

SPRINT WARRANTY- Covers accidental damages, Factory defects, lost and or stolen (with a deductible fee). all for $11 bucks a month.

Downfall for sprint, you have to leave your phone with them for about an hour so they can run some test.

If your phone is indeed messed up, they will order you a replacement and have it to you within 3 days. This has worked out great the past few times Ive used it.

CHARGING YOUR BATTERY.

Ive done this with all my electronics and phones and have ZERO PROBLEMS.

-Right out the box, use the phone until it dies.
-Then charge it until its full
- Use it until it dies
(do the last 2 steps about 3-5 times).
NEVER LEAVE YOUR PHONE CHARGING OVER NIGHT. It mess up the battery.
If your phone is at 40% and you're not going to be near a charger later on, then charge it to 100%.

NEVER CHARGE YOUR PHONE VIA USB TO ANYTHING. That will take a long time to charge. Try connecting straight to the wall.

While at the bar, club or house party, PLEASE DO NOT ASK THE DJ TO CHARGE YOUR PHONE. It really is annoying.
laugh.gif

Space Grey werent available at my ATT but I walked in on RD no problems...got the Gold 6 - 64gb 

If your not in a rush just wait a month when all the hype dies down 
thanks. i actually just used the credit to pay my bill so ill just buy the phone out right at any store. only problem is i just called every target, radio shack, att and best buy and all sold out. actually every target i called had them just 16gbs. 

are there any stores im missing? i didnt even bother calling apple. i feel like i wont be able to get one from apple til christmas.

Last edited:
Someone said buy a case so you don't scratch the camera glass, if you get one of those slim cases is it thick enough (pause) to level off the phone when you put it down?

Also anybody have some links to must have apps? or things to do w/ iOS8?

Now that I went from 32 GB to 64 GB I feel like I need to fill up my phone with everything
laugh.gif
If the lens is still exposed then thats not a good case.

This was posted pages ago

yall do know the camera lens cant get scratched right? unless you use a diamond. its covered in sapphire.

check google. very very hard to scratch

APPLE CARE- Doest cover lost or stolen? I will pass then.

SPRINT WARRANTY- Covers accidental damages, Factory defects, lost and or stolen (with a deductible fee). all for $11 bucks a month.

Downfall for sprint, you have to leave your phone with them for about an hour so they can run some test.

If your phone is indeed messed up, they will order you a replacement and have it to you within 3 days. This has worked out great the past few times Ive used it.

Yeah, back in the day when I had my blackberry and Evo I had to use Sprint a couple of times. The hour diagnostic test wasn't that bad and they shipped new ones too me quickly. They did give me a garbage refurb replacement Blackberry the first time.

I've always had either Best Buy or the wireless carrier(Sprint/AT&T)

Last edited:
yall do know the camera lens cant get scratched right? unless you use a diamond. its covered in sapphire.

check google. very very hard to scratch
You shouldnt believe everything you read on the internet homie... Sapphire isnt scratch proof and they probably used some

synthetic sapphire to keep cost down 

It was a poor design the camera shouldve been flush not protruding 

im saying check tests on the camera lens on the 5/5S :lol:

i wouldnt say anything without knowing. with the way we all use our phones you think they would put normal glass on the camera? 80% of users wouldnt be able to use the camera if it wasnt scratch proof.

ATT said the same thing but I'm hearing those with unlimited suddenly had it removed. Idk I don't want to lose my unlimited. [emoji]128532[/emoji]
You might not even need unlimited I was in your shoes saying hell naw in never leaving my unlimited data . But I did the usage and I was only using about 8-9 gb tops towards 3 people and it brings my phone bill from 211-170 with a lower gb plan .. Everywhere you go has wifi so unlimited is basically irrelevant

so, no grey 6 64gbs in my area, if I order online, it says 21-35 business days to ship... Guess that means I can't get do the trade in at an art store.

Att prob doing this **** on purpose so they don't have to hand out $$ for trade ins :rolleyes

If your trade-in phone isnt your everyday phone then your ok.

If it is then yea your kind of SOLon  the deal but if your not bent on the color then get another color so you can get the deal

8 days left on the ATT deal 
It's my everyday phone. I don't mind silver, but I'm not sure how I feel about the white face. If I'm out near an att store, and they have silver, I might just do it. I'm not going to go on a hunt for a phone when mine is still working

Worst case, I sell my current phone on ebay, or go to a best buy and trade it in if the att deal is over.

im saying check tests on the camera lens on the 5/5S
laugh.gif

i wouldnt say anything without knowing. with the way we all use our phones you think they would put normal glass on the camera? 80% of users wouldnt be able to use the camera if it wasnt scratch proof.
I can only speak on the material you referenced and working in chemistry/material science for the past 13 yrs I know it isnt scratch proof.... my suggestion to someone who has the phone is to get a case

Besides the sound toggle being a little hard to reach, this case is 
pimp.gif
 and protects the camera very nicely without affecting the shot

Took those pics with my moms 5s, that **** feels like a peanut in my hands after playing with the 6 for about 4 days now

Getting a new phone next week.. Still unsure on the iPhone 6 or the Samsung S5.. Been to two verizon stores and one dude straight sold me on the S5 and the other store (after the 6 release) didn't care about selling me either phone. It was like either you want it or you don't.

anyone know how accurate the stock locator on apples site is? i avoided apple thinking thered be no way they had them in stock and it said they were in stock as of today near me. FML

anyone know how accurate the stock locator on apples site is? i avoided apple thinking thered be no way they had them in stock and it said they were in stock as of today near me. FML

Fairly accurate. You should reserve and pick up

im trying to buy it off contract though. how/is it possible to do this on the apple site and pick it up tomorrow?

im trying to buy it off contract though. how/is it possible to do this on the apple site and pick it up tomorrow?

I bought mine outright if thats what you mean by "off contract"

I reserved and picked it up day of. Apple updates stock at midnight

Back
Top Bottom