Appeal of the iPhone dying?

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

I think the challenge of the Iphone was the current version really had nowhere to go. I am surprised they didnt make an Iphone nano (flip) or something in that regard. I mean all they have really done in the last few years is make it faster and add on basic features (not hating, just saying). Meanwhile other companies, Nokia, RIM, etc have been producing new updates to their line-up.

It will be very interesting to see what Apple has up its sleeve to replace/update the Iphone 3GS. I think they will have to come up big (NH) in order to stay really relevant in the current phone market. Two years is a long time to keep the same form factor and function.
looks-wise, the iphone is sleek as hell. they don't need to change it up too much (maybe smaller?). it's the best looking phone out there.

my iphone case is bulky as hell (otterbox) and ppl ask me why i use that? takes away from the phone's look they say
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

because all apple has to do is release another iphone and droid will be history.
iphone is one phone, android is MANY phones with da same OS, believe me when i say that iphones wont be able to battle them all, especially

if a few of em come out with superior specs.

android-overtake-iphone.jpg

keeping in mind if at&t had better unlimited plans, i would be all over the iphone, my cousin has it and is putting my itouch to shame lol, i will wait itout an see what happens next year ,though apple must have something in stored for all this Android popularity. Greedy at&t FTL, lol for now i will stickwith my HTC HERO and "Simply Everything"(sprint) and let everyone else continue the on going obsession over iphone this, blackberry that, and the endof the day there just all smart phones.

I had an iphone, now i have a blackberry storm2...iphone was better imo.

But, i refuse to go back to AT&T's dicey coverage. Anytime our metro hit a tunnel or i was in my basement...missed calls and texts.

As for exclusivity, nah. Besides blackberry's, everyone i know has an iphone no lie.

But if apple comes to verizon i'd definitely retire my BB, 2011 upgrade ftl.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

the iphone doesnt multitask... thats wack... its losing popularity because people are realizing its just a damn novelty... how u just get MMS in 2009?
It can multitask.
You can't blame the iPhone for not having MMS, it was AT&T's fault for not enabling it in the first place.
Plus, how often do you really send a picture to someone? I don't even need the feature to be honest.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

android takes over next year, I want to switch over, im tired of Iphone OS

benny7.jpg

So you cut out my post to twist what i was saying?

I hope android takes over next year, I want to switch over, im tired of Iphone OS
My bad. I only quoted what matters. Android taking over is funny enough in itself.

laugh.gif
you must be really naive if you think the iphone will forever stay ontop

Originally Posted by KingRamey

^^^it will be for a looooooooooonnnnnnngggg while, though

well its creeping up pretty quick, maybe 2011/2012

people are getting tired of the iPhone OS, i am too

it would be nice to try something different, but i dont plan on switching out of my iphone until android is more stable

had 4 iphones this year, theyre so wack. Only reason i had em is cuz my friend worked at att and sold me refurbished ones for $80

Then I had a G1, great interface and easy to use. Alot of apps actually and handles better than the iphone. Then I lost that.

Now I have a 9700 and i dont really need all the apps/games/extras that g1 and iphone has. Even though the cliq is
eek.gif

Crazy EBW wrote:

NKEAIR wrote:

benny7.jpg

NKEAIR wrote:

I hope android takes over next year, I want to switch over, im tired of Iphone OS

My bad. I only quoted what matters. Android taking over is funny enough in itself.

I'm sorry, but this is actually true. Apple and Microsoft are not happy at all about Android. Microsoft is pissed because majority of their makers (HTC,Sony Ericsson, Samsung, etc.) are starting to leave Windows Mobile for Android. As for Apple, they know this too and is scared %**+ less of Android. They aretrying really hard right now to come up with ways to prevent Android's up and coming dominance.

Originally Posted by Husalah

the iphone doesnt multitask... thats wack... its losing popularity because people are realizing its just a damn novelty... how u just get MMS in 2009?
It can multitask.
You can't blame the iPhone for not having MMS, it was AT&T's fault for not enabling it in the first place.
Plus, how often do you really send a picture to someone? I don't even need the feature to be honest.
YNS

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Apple = the Mercedes/Rolex of tech

Stop it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Crazy EBW wrote:

NKEAIR wrote:

benny7.jpg

NKEAIR wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is actually true. Apple and Microsoft are not happy at all about Android. Microsoft is pissed because majority of their makers (HTC, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, etc.) are starting to leave Windows Mobile for Android. As for Apple, they know this too and is scared %**+ less of Android. They are trying really hard right now to come up with ways to prevent Android's up and coming dominance.
Thank You

this fool who quote me at first knows nothing

IMO if apple wants to prolong their dominance slightly longer

they either have to do one of two things

1. Redesign their OS, people sick of it and bored, yeah it works, but no one is excited about it anymore

2. Drop exclusivity, go to verizon, People who want the iPhone, but don't want to switch to AT&T from verizon bought the Droid

Switching over to Verizon would not make any other phone relevant for the time being

maybe even another carrer, sprint/tmobile have great rates, which many people stay on

Wouldve copped the Iphone if it had a keyboard.I'll stick to my OLD g1 for now

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Husalah

It can multitask.
YNS

Apple = the Mercedes/Rolex of tech

Stop it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
luxury & tech is oil and vinegar

perception of a product can change da SECOND da technology side fails....

^Terrible analogy. Unlike the Zune, Android is actually succeeding in competing with Apple's product and getting Apple scared.

Honestly, most of the college students around me have iPhone's.

iPhone is the undisputed king of cell phones right now.

The ONLY downside I see is the expensive plan to go with it. But the phone itself is #1.

People who buy phones for purposes other than needs are stupid.
This coming from a guy whose name implies that he buys shoes for purposes other than needs. You really rockin practical shoes?

^Terrible analogy. Unlike the Zune, Android is actually succeeding in competing with Apple's product and getting Apple scared.

You got the insider scoop on Apple? Enough with the speculation, both are great products. Love it or hate it, we already know that the iPhone will godown as a cultural icon. We have yet to see what impact, if any, Android will have. I would bet that nothing short of an actual Google phone will touch theiPhone though.

Originally Posted by AirJus23

People who buy phones for purposes other than needs are stupid.
This coming from a guy whose name implies that he buys shoes for purposes other than needs. You really rockin practical shoes?

^Terrible analogy. Unlike the Zune, Android is actually
succeeding in competing with Apple's product and getting Apple scared.
You got the insider scoop on Apple? Enough with the speculation, both are great products. Love it or hate it, we already know that the iPhone will go down as a cultural icon. We have yet to see what impact, if any, Android will have. I would bet that nothing short of an actual Google phone will touch the iPhone though.

Are you really comparing shoes to cell phones? Idiot.
grin.gif
What speculation? Everything I said that you quoted are facts. Anyone who actually knowselectronics know this. You wanna know what impact Android will have? Fine. Ever since the iPhone first released in 2007, it's been dominant in sales in thecell phone industry and many cell phones have tried to beat it but failed. Now, for the first time in years since the release of the iPhone, Android isactually giving Apple a run for its money and getting Apple scared. But get this, it's not even a cell phone that got Apple scared, it's just merely anOS! How's that for impact?

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

/thread. You didnt even take the free upgrade?
smh.gif
The iPhone 3G (and an upgrade option) didn't exist in December 2007.

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

you're a hypebeast

this..

OP, how you buy a phone because of it's exclusivity?

lol so you getting a Macbook next since you feel its exclusive?(even though it really isn't)

how old are you?
It was a gift. I wanted it because of multitouch, the web surfing experience, and because I was already on AT&T and needed a smartphone for emails. I don't have a Macbook. I have an iMac from December 2008 because at the time it was a fairly priced all-in-one desktop computer (student discount + free iPod and printer) that was capable of running both OS X and Windows.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

They're still 500 plus. They're still head turners. They're the best phone ever made.
That's the word I was looking for, "head turners." I'd like to rephrase my question as, "Are iPhones still headturners?" Yes or no. If someone's opinion is "No" does that matter to the longevity, brand image, and profit of the iPhone?
Basically, what people fail to realize is the low pricing is because of carrier subsidizing. When it originally dropped it wasn't that muchfor a cell phone.

Try being a T-Mobile user like me wanting one, You're going to shell out $400 minimum for a decent size 3G one, even more for a 3GS unlocked. The iPhonestill has it's appeal. It gets the job done, makes life easier, and is one of the best looking phones on the market. Hell it's an iPod, that featurealone makes it better than a LOT of phones on the market.

Don't get me wrong, the Blackberry is good for business, but in terms of something laid back, the iPhone takes the take.

T-Mobiles only other top tier phone is the Touch Pro 2, and that phone as horrible in terms of the interface in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom