Anyone Work the Graveyard Shift Vol: I feel like im slowly dying

laugh.gif
this issh is terrible..i dont know how my mom did overnight shifts atthe hospital for 25 yrs..
sick.gif

one of my uncles worked the graveyard shift in the E.R.. He said only crazy people came through the E.R. at that time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I work nights.

Start at 9pm, usually work 9 hrs...sometimes more.

Sucks but its all OT.

So when the check comes it makes it all better.

i been thinkin bout workin night shifts

aint **%% to do so easy work right there

o yessssssssssssssssss

Originally Posted by haiti5

laugh.gif
this issh is terrible..i dont know how my mom did overnight shifts at the hospital for 25 yrs..
sick.gif

graveyard shift is not good for ones health.

screw the shift premium

working at night and sleepin during the day screws you up. i would never want that long term.

^ true story....the body works on certain cycles. for example your body releases certain chemicals during the night hours (when your supposed to be asleep) tohelp with repair and growth. If you aint sleep you missing out.

having said that im looking for a night time security job so i can get paid to do some reading and some other stuff
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I've worked night shift the last 3 years and I love it. I get to do whatever I want during the day, and I don't miss out on important stuff plus I getweekends off.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I've worked night shift the last 3 years and I love it. I get to do whatever I want during the day, and I don't miss out on important stuff plus I get weekends off.

what could be going on during the day when everybody else is working?
are you single?
if you do............how was your gym routine/eating habits?

i dont see why anybody would pick 3rd shift over 1st shift. since were on this topic 2nd shift sucks too. you really cant have a life on that BS.

Originally Posted by haiti5

laugh.gif
this issh is terrible..i dont know how my mom did overnight shifts at the hospital for 25 yrs..
sick.gif

Cry Me A River Build A Bridge And Get Over It!!!
laugh.gif

used to. all i did was sleep n work.. it was hell but 40 hrs a week with no energy to spend that cash was well worth it

I work 12hrs a day 8pm-8am Mon-Thurs

Pretty stessful at times but 3 day weekends are appreciated

yea i did, worked it for a month at the LA County Fair, better pay but it messed up my body, even on a day off i didnt wanna do anything but sleep

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

I've worked night shift the last 3 years and I love it. I get to do whatever I want during the day, and I don't miss out on important stuff plus I get weekends off.

are you single?

i dont see why anybody would pick 3rd shift over 1st shift. since were on this topic 2nd shift sucks too. you really cant have a life on that BS.
I get to run errands, shop, drive wherever I need to during the early part of the day when everybody else is working. If I have court, doctorsappointment, interview, etc I don't have to miss work for it. I get to watch all the NBA and sports that come one later during the day, plus everythingthat comes on during primetime I don't miss. To your second question, I'm not single. Been with my girl for four years. I also get to see her wheneverI want any day of the week during the day and the weekends since I'm off. Since I do have the weekends off I get to do whatever I want and not miss out onanything. Since my first day off is Friday it's almost like a four day weekend since I don't have to show up to work until Monday night. I'll takethird shift over first and definately over second. Plus I get paid more for working overnight
pimp.gif

used to work the nights at a newspaper press...messed up my sleeping pattern. I can't even sleep at nights no more.

yea i work 11pm-7am, starting Sunday night and ending Friday morning..its not so bad during the week because i have the whole day to do whatever likeNikeTalker said..weekends are rough trying to go back to a somewhat normal schedule is not easy, i mean all week you sleep during the day but friday/sat/sunroll around and who wants to be doing that...getting back to work Sunday night is no joke

are you single?

One word: kids. For the wife and I, it works out because she works at night while I'm at the crib with the kids. Then she sleeps while they're atschool and wakes up early enough to kick it with them before she goes back at 7pm. They really don't even miss her because its almost like she is alwaysthere. Three 12-hour shifts a week ftw.

For some people it just works.

Man, I feel like I'm slowly dying and I don't even work graveyard shift. I'm 25 and feel like I'm 40 sometimes.

Working with the general public sucks.

are you single?

I get to run errands, shop, drive wherever I need to during the early part of the day when everybody else is working. If I have court, doctors appointment, interview, etc I don't have to miss work for it. I get to watch all the NBA and sports that come one later during the day, plus everything that comes on during primetime I don't miss. To your second question, I'm not single. Been with my girl for four years. I also get to see her whenever I want any day of the week during the day and the weekends since I'm off. Since I do have the weekends off I get to do whatever I want and not miss out on anything. Since my first day off is Friday it's almost like a four day weekend since I don't have to show up to work until Monday night. I'll take third shift over first and definately over second. Plus I get paid more for working overnight
pimp.gif
I agree. I've been doing it for about 8 months and I like it. Of course I'd rather have 1st shift but you know seniority rules and 2ndshift is horrible. Graveyard is usually easier, no bosses around and laid back atmosphere. Plus you get paid more. Only thing that sucks is if there isOT(weekends) you are the first to get it. Oh and I go to the gym about 3 times a week right when i get off(7am) barely anyone there so thats a plus too. Firstweek is horrible but after that your body gets use to it and it just feels normal.

I used to work overnight at a gas station... Never was mired scared in my life

Originally Posted by High St

^ true story....the body works on certain cycles. for example your body releases certain chemicals during the night hours (when your supposed to be asleep) to help with repair and growth. If you aint sleep you missing out.

having said that im looking for a night time security job so i can get paid to do some reading and some other stuff
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Cite your sources or else i am calling Ducktales...

I've only worked 3 jobs during the daytime and I only liked 1 (cable technician)

Night shift FTW! $2.00 night time pay differential makes the check that much better every 2 weeks
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom