Anyone who purchases Jordans WAY too early, interesting read...

I don't visit the General Forum that much, but after some information that was shared with me, someone else showed me this post. I know it doesn'tparticularly partain to Brand Jordan, but the majority of the shoes in question are Air Jordans, so I thought that I would link to that post in General foranyone that is interested to read through and make their own educated decision.

Who has copped shoes form Air-Randy or Marquee Sole.com update fr.Rockdeep on pg.10

Indeed I read the same post. It went from a post about legit checks on resellers to an all out verbal fued between them.

Very, very interesting things are said in that post!

I for one am patient. Im not a little kid anymore. I've realized that no one gives a crap if you get your shoes extra early and paid kobe in coloradoprices for them.

A year after they come out, and you still have a pair, whats the difference?

can someone simplify that post? i'm not going to read all of those pages. i got things to do. please, someone give a summary.

It is a very interesting thread.

Funny how some of these guys respond to simple questions from potential customers.

IMO the meat of the post is right here:

RockDeep wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promo-Shoes.com, Air-Randy.com, or marqueesole.com

Just to give some insight on what the folks at Jordan and Nike think about certain sites and give some insight on speculation and assumptions given so far: Itcould get lost in this thread since we are 10 pages in, but I have explained this before to help people get a better perspective on stuff.

First:

Fakes aren't made MERELY from Molds. This is the way things USED to happen but Molds are also associated with files that designers put their designs on.The molds have to be MADE from something. You can't just MAKE a mold. It doesnt consist of just placing material over a mold and bam a shoe is created.

Some factories which are contracted by Nike produce a surplus of shoes, which also have materials NOT originally fabricated FOR the shoe which is beingproduced. Hence other colors and slight material variations which you see on High Quality Fakes.

You also have the sweatshop back room counterfeitting operations which use their own materials and the shoes are not produced to specs but are pretty close dueto Molds being sold to them.

Samples just for clarification can come in ANY size. Not just size 9 or 13. You have Look See Samples, Production Samples and Salemen Samples. There are a fewother types of Samples, but those are the main one's.

Air-Randy is not getting their shoes legitly from Nike at all, and the Folks at Jordan are and continue to be Highly Ticked at them getting these shoes andshowing them online when they do.

Just to clarify: When the first Fusion AF 12's were shown, it is a FACT that only two samples had been produced for HQ. The day the Sample box arrived itarrived one short. The Next Day Air-Randy had it on his site and they revealed on NT.

Jordan was very Salty. Not sure what Nike Legal did IF anything, and if they continue to do nothing, it really doesn't matter, it only shows they don'tsupport the company by allowing it to continue by not sending a cease and desist letter to Air-Randy.

I know that Air-Randy has also blantantly lifted pictures and images from BabyDills site before, which doesn't lend much credibility to him from jumpstreet at all, if you need to steal images in order to push your own "product"

As for Marquee Sole- They are a mystery to even the folks at Nike. Speculation there (at Nike) is someone is gettin additional boxes of Shoes out at theFactory in some shape or form and selling them on the site.

Nike isn't too happy about that, but they can't control Security at Production Facilities when they Contract them to Police themselves. So as long aswhoever is getting the product out of the door, Marquee Sole will be in business.

I will say, if you are not getting boxes with your shoes, this is because those shoes are leaving the factory in something other than a box. Say a Duffel bagor trash bag.

As for Promo Shoes-

I dealt with Dennis when I first got into Internet purchasing on eBay back in 99-2000. It's also how I found out I got jolted by buying fakes. HighQuality.. but fake none the less. I heard Dennis still makes good coin selling stuff thru Kitty*** but also sells Authentic stuff as well.

I wouldn't take a chance on the Authentic stuff, only because it rarely comes with a box and Promos stuff is so High Quality that it could be mixed in withthe Real stuff and most wouldn't know the difference in AT Nike.

I am cool with several folks who Push or work for these online sites, and that's their Hustle. I don't knock it. I have worked on Fakes for almost 5years shutting down sites and ebay auctions and helped people dealing with fake dealers, but I have realized this.

If Nike wants to take baby steps in cutting down fakes, its on them and at the risk of billions a year from their bottom line. If they don't mind, whyshould I at this point. I don't support fakes, so I am not bothered by them.

If someone however is selling shoes by the Dozens and dozens at 100% profit, shouldn't the shoes cost YOU the Consumer LESS, not MORE than retail?Especially if they are ONLY a General Release? It's not like they are a Player Exclusive and have a limited run of 12 or 16 pairs.

Just wondering.

I am of the opinion like a few others. I prefer to rock my kicks when no one else is. So if that means wearing them a few months or years after its release sobe it. But having them months in advance isn't so great, cause who will really know unless you're an NTer?

It's freezing in hell because I'm agreeing with NY Giants.
laugh.gif
wink.gif
I'm in no rush either these days, especially after seeingall the V's and III's from last year hit the outlets along with the OLNL. I've got 2 many shoes to wear now as it is so I'll either wait forthem to hit the outlets or usually right at the 6-9 month mark after release their relatively cheap to buy on ebay. Once they hit a year to a year and a halfafter release date is when prices start going back up.

If these sites aren't legit, then how come we continue to use their pictures in posts for a shoe in the JB forums?

Personaly, if I'm getting a legit pair for somewhere very close to retail, I don't mind. Look at how JB is raising the prices and lowering the quality.Are they right for doing that? JB screws us "The Buyers" all the time on issues like this. I guess this is our chance to screw them for once.

But if these guys are getting the kicks for free, or very, very cheap, then they should hook us up with good prices. I wont pay almost double for a pair ofkicks that I can just wait a month for and try my chances at getting them for retail.

I want to say that I tried to answer the questions that I could. The one question that I couldn't answer is

from whom Randy gets he's sneakers from (as you will read from my posts in that thread). I do believe

that some of the questions were appropriate, but as you will see, there was alot of unnecessary bashing.

-heat23

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Promo-Shoes.com, Air-Randy.com, or marqueesole.com

Just to give some insight on what the folks at Jordan and Nike think about certain sites and give some insight on speculation and assumptions given so far: It could get lost in this thread since we are 10 pages in, but I have explained this before to help people get a better perspective on stuff.

First:

Fakes aren't made MERELY from Molds. This is the way things USED to happen but Molds are also associated with files that designers put their designs on. The molds have to be MADE from something. You can't just MAKE a mold. It doesnt consist of just placing material over a mold and bam a shoe is created.

Some factories which are contracted by Nike produce a surplus of shoes, which also have materials NOT originally fabricated FOR the shoe which is being produced. Hence other colors and slight material variations which you see on High Quality Fakes.

You also have the sweatshop back room counterfeitting operations which use their own materials and the shoes are not produced to specs but are pretty close due to Molds being sold to them.

Samples just for clarification can come in ANY size. Not just size 9 or 13. You have Look See Samples, Production Samples and Salemen Samples. There are a few other types of Samples, but those are the main one's.

Air-Randy is not getting their shoes legitly from Nike at all, and the Folks at Jordan are and continue to be Highly Ticked at them getting these shoes and showing them online when they do.

Just to clarify: When the first Fusion AF 12's were shown, it is a FACT that only two samples had been produced for HQ. The day the Sample box arrived it arrived one short. The Next Day Air-Randy had it on his site and they revealed on NT.

Jordan was very Salty. Not sure what Nike Legal did IF anything, and if they continue to do nothing, it really doesn't matter, it only shows they don't support the company by allowing it to continue by not sending a cease and desist letter to Air-Randy.

I know that Air-Randy has also blantantly lifted pictures and images from BabyDills site before, which doesn't lend much credibility to him from jump street at all, if you need to steal images in order to push your own "product"

As for Marquee Sole- They are a mystery to even the folks at Nike. Speculation there (at Nike) is someone is gettin additional boxes of Shoes out at the Factory in some shape or form and selling them on the site.

Nike isn't too happy about that, but they can't control Security at Production Facilities when they Contract them to Police themselves. So as long as whoever is getting the product out of the door, Marquee Sole will be in business.

I will say, if you are not getting boxes with your shoes, this is because those shoes are leaving the factory in something other than a box. Say a Duffel bag or trash bag.

As for Promo Shoes-

I dealt with Dennis when I first got into Internet purchasing on eBay back in 99-2000. It's also how I found out I got jolted by buying fakes. High Quality.. but fake none the less. I heard Dennis still makes good coin selling stuff thru Kitty*** but also sells Authentic stuff as well.

I wouldn't take a chance on the Authentic stuff, only because it rarely comes with a box and Promos stuff is so High Quality that it could be mixed in with the Real stuff and most wouldn't know the difference in AT Nike.

I am cool with several folks who Push or work for these online sites, and that's their Hustle. I don't knock it. I have worked on Fakes for almost 5 years shutting down sites and ebay auctions and helped people dealing with fake dealers, but I have realized this.

If Nike wants to take baby steps in cutting down fakes, its on them and at the risk of billions a year from their bottom line. If they don't mind, why should I at this point. I don't support fakes, so I am not bothered by them.

If someone however is selling shoes by the Dozens and dozens at 100% profit, shouldn't the shoes cost YOU the Consumer LESS, not MORE than retail? Especially if they are ONLY a General Release? It's not like they are a Player Exclusive and have a limited run of 12 or 16 pairs.

Just wondering.

I am of the opinion like a few others. I prefer to rock my kicks when no one else is. So if that means wearing them a few months or years after its release so be it. But having them months in advance isn't so great, cause who will really know unless you're an NTer?

Wearing shoes that WON"T release is where it's at for me! lol

Well, if Nike is unhappy about it and trying to take the matter to the law, I guess it's time to stop.
I mean, put yourself into Nike's position.
If you set a release date for a shoes, and if it's true (the shoes were "stolen" and be put on website for sale), I'm pretty sure you'llfeel annoyed.
Of course Randy or Marquee will get a great reputation for getting new shoes early.
But IF they use those methods to get shoes early, I believe Nike can take legal actions against them.
Think about it, worth it? Just for few hundred bucks of profit, you risk yourself to get prosecuted?
smile.gif

screw air-randy, screw marqueesole, im an eastbay/pys buyer and i say it proudly

just my two sense

Originally Posted by heat23

I want to say that I tried to answer the questions that I could. The one question that I couldn't answer is

from whom Randy gets he's sneakers from (as you will read from my posts in that thread). I do believe

that some of the questions were appropriate, but as you will see, there was alot of unnecessary bashing.

-heat23
I understand what you're saying heat, and I aint mad at u. But you have to understand that the people in the know, such as yourself, know thebusiness proceedings on these types of early releases. People who don't have "connects" but also wanna have a pair of shoes released early seethis and still can't make a reasonable assumption on the situation due to the fact they don't know who they're dealing with especially given thesomewhat "exposed" practices of air-randy, marqueesole, amongst others.

Again, I'm not mad at anybody who has a plan to sell a hot item to the public early. But the bashing is due to the fact that in this day and age, peopledon't wanna take chances on a business or someone who has a ? regarding things like how they receive. Things some consumers want to know. That's likeme buying a stock from a company, receiving a prospectus, and when it comes time to do a quarterly annual meeting with the company, the company doesn'twanna talk about certain things. Makes you wonder why you chose to buy into a stock from a company that doesn't feel it's necessary to tell theirpeople what they would like to know.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by heat23

-heat23
I understand what you're saying heat, and I aint mad at u. But you have to understand that the people in the know, such as yourself, know the business proceedings on these types of early releases. People who don't have "connects" but also wanna have a pair of shoes released early see this and still can't make a reasonable assumption on the situation due to the fact they don't know who they're dealing with especially given the somewhat "exposed" practices of air-randy, marqueesole, amongst others.

Again, I'm not mad at anybody who has a plan to sell a hot item to the public early. But the bashing is due to the fact that in this day and age, people don't wanna take chances on a business or someone who has a ? regarding things like how they receive. Things some consumers want to know. That's like me buying a stock from a company, receiving a prospectus, and when it comes time to do a quarterly annual meeting with the company, the company doesn't wanna talk about certain things. Makes you wonder why you chose to buy into a stock from a company that doesn't feel it's necessary to tell their people what they would like to know.
I completely agree and posted that understood and respected NTers questions and thoughts. That's

why I feel that NTers didn't bash me on that thread.. First and foremost, I'm a NTer! Thanx for

understanding AirUpHere23!

I swear I'm getting fired for giving up so much info.

heat as you know I wasn't implicating you at all, and you are stand up to admit you don't know everything that takes place with a place you maysupport or work for BUT... just understand, if the%!#@ ever hits the fan, they will implicate everyone connected.

Also, just to play devils advocate. These company owners may not be the people who actually LIFT the goods or get them illegally, BUT I know they have anidea, so Nike would need to get to the core, not really the store front.

This is why Nike arresting or sueing Barbershops and street sellers, isn't the answer. You can replace those people. Its the people making anddistributing it from the factories that need to be stopped.

Plain and simple, but the guys with J.D.'s don't seem to follow that concept. Sometimes the simple street common sense doesn't translate to theCorporate Boardroom.

But I love Nike....so as long as the bottom line doesn't affect my checks.. Im good.

RockDeep wrote:
heat as you know I wasn't implicating you at all, and you are stand up to admit you don't know everything that takes place with a place you may support or work for BUT... just understand, if the%!#@ ever hits the fan, they will implicate everyone connected.

Rock, I knew exactly what you had stated in that thread. Don't worry, I didn't twist your words

like some clown, E-Fame fiend. I ALWAYS have and will appreciate your input. Thanx man!

I hope these sites have learned their lesson and will now lower their prices.........

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Plain and simple, but the guys with J.D.'s don't seem to follow that concept. Sometimes the simple street common sense doesn't translate to the Corporate Boardroom.
Ouch
laugh.gif

this shoe business seem to goin out of hand. lets continue this way and soon nobody cares for drug scene but the sneaker scene and the NYPD is goin to watchfor the sneaker gangs and not the drug gangs. this really needs to stop with the overpricing with the camp out and all that stuff. some of the guys take thisway too serious and no i dont mean the consumer but the pre before in store, what eva you call em, seller or batman 5,6 or even 7 will be about " thissummer batman against a(ir)l ca(randy)pone"

Back
Top Bottom